ADVERTISEMENT

Really solid Rick Neuheisel commentary just now on ESPNU

I've been a hawk fan all my life, knowing for a long time it's a liberal college, which most are because of the liberal professors preaching their garbage to young mushy minds. So to answer your question it's getting harder and harder to be a hawk fan. May just have to move to the other side, the cyclone side. I know a lot of you would miss me on here though if I did that.

You could always just switch to Nebraska. Kurt’s son is on their team.

So to answer your question it's getting harder and harder to be a hawk fan. May just have to move to the other side, the cyclone side.

tenor.gif

What is the worst thing bf has done?

I would agree he hasn't shown himself to be Kirk's successor....haven't heard anything worth firing though. Assuming he is kind of a dbag to all players(which he likely is lol)

Berated a replay official using homophobic slurs.

Reactions: frydaze
Unprofessional, but I can't say he should be fired for using a word most guys probably have.
Most heteros, right? Lol. I hear what you're saying, but just because a lot of people are doing it doesn't mean it's okay for a highly compensated state leader can. Can you imagine the governor saying it? What happens?

This is a two party gig. The elephant is every single bit as responsible as the donkey. If you can't see that, Kurt, you need to get a grip. No offense.

Yeah, not really. The donkey is more responsible for this. In the same way they elephant is more responsible for the rallies in Charlottesville, etc. Both sides have their extremes, and their extremes represent themselves in different ways.

Most heteros, right? Lol. I hear what you're saying, but just because a lot of people are doing it doesn't mean it's okay for a highly compensated state leader can. Can you imagine the governor saying it? What happens?
To be honest I'd say politicians have done much worse lol.

Reactions: HumbleP1e
I agree, but I didn't want Doyle to leave either. Bottom line is you can no longer be a meathead of a motivational coach. It's about respect and dignity and relationship. Unfortunately, some people maybe thought they were above recognizing and making the change. It's one thing to be kidded by someone who you KNOW respects and loves you. You can accept any joke or comments from that guy because the relationship is above it. But, if you're just a dick to people, you can't anymore. People have an immediate voice online that offers immediate feedback. I had coaches who were insulting and deragatory toward me or others at times, but you just took it. That is the way it was years ago, but I am white, and generally have tried to do things as coaches would want, so I am a terrible voice for these aspects today. I think it could be very difficult when you're really good at something (Doyle, BF, etc.) to believe you need to change. For any aspiring coach the advice has to be love your players as if they are your own kids.

Good post

I've been a hawk fan all my life, knowing for a long time it's a liberal college, which most are because of the liberal professors preaching their garbage to young mushy minds. So to answer your question it's getting harder and harder to be a hawk fan. May just have to move to the other side, the cyclone side. I know a lot of you would miss me on here though if I did that.

You will not be missed. Anyone that would consider switching allegiance to ISU was never a Hawkeye fan from the start. Good riddance. BTW U of I professors teach their students to think critically and independently, that’s why we’re not gullible enough to fall for your usual BS. We see right through it.

Bye.

One man, Rick Neuheisel's, opinion. Why would I give a crap about what he thinks anymore than the janitor at the local junior high... with all due respect to said janitor.

You will not be missed. Anyone that would consider switching allegiance to ISU was never a Hawkeye fan from the start. Good riddance. BTW U of I professors teach their students to think critically and independently, that’s why we’re not gullible enough to fall for your usual BS. We see right through it.

Bye.
it is basically a liberal college with a leftist agenda , most colleges are

One man, Rick Neuheisel's, opinion. Why would I give a crap about what he thinks anymore than the janitor at the local junior high... with all due respect to said janitor.
Aside from the fact he has coached major DI football effectively enough to be a paid analyst by a major network, knows (at least) some of the people involved personally, and has a voice that, right or wrong, will be viewed by the public as a significant voice on the issue?

Aside from the fact he has coached major DI football effectively enough to be a paid analyst by a major network, knows (at least) some of the people involved personally, and has a voice that, right or wrong, will be viewed by the public as a significant voice on the issue?

i don’t dislike Rick but you might want to check out his train wreck of a college coaching career before you make him your personal guru.

Reactions: AirForceChiefO
i don’t dislike Rick but you might want to check out his train wreck of a college coaching career before you make him your personal guru.
Correct, but it's also afterward, his perspective is probably better having been in trouble, and his issues didn't preclude him from his current employment.

I do understand what you are saying though.

Really sorry to see you go. Please don't sign up under another name!!

Jesus the governor has two owi’s. Let’s take a fine toothed come through everyone’s posts and conversations they’ve had. You can take many things out of context.
If you watch older (not even old) movies/tv shows and look at them through the eyes of some of the bleeding hearts today and you’ll think that everyone is a racist sexist homophobic asshole.

lots of coaches want to bring that into their locker room ?

NFL players might just kick the crap out of him.

roflmao. I don’t see it.

I could see FCS where everybody is just glad to have a chance.

Depends. Brian is a pretty young coach. Can he learn from this? If so, there's plenty of opportunity for him to have a long career in front of him.

I know you think that, but are you remembering why we're facing an extension of the pandemic that other regions aren't? It's honestly Republican leadership that opened everything up without enough restriction AND largely Republican people who "won't be made to wear a mask". I say that having voted multiple times as a republican, and for most of my life gravitating more to the right than the left. But, the current Republican situation is just beyond idiocy. Democrats are prone to lack of organizational clarity and too big of a government, but Republicans are phony and selfish.

We cannot survive with a society that ignores their group's inherent weaknesses and fails to work together for the whole.

New York and California is having a resurgence. How do you blame that on republicans?Selective memory?

Reactions: hawkeyeinmo
First, we need to remember Neuheisel is a national guy, he's not right on the scene. I actually do, however, really respect his views and he was a head coach for many years on the college level.

I agree with what he said about both Kirk and Brian. Brian belongs in the NFL. Just too much stuff has cropped up surrounding his name through the years.

Scott Dochterman is on record saying that if Brian's last name weren't Ferentz he'd have been suspended at the same time as Doyle.

So Dochterman(sp?) says that and that makes it automatically true? That's just an opinion.

Correct, but it's also afterward, his perspective is probably better having been in trouble, and his issues didn't preclude him from his current employment.

I do understand what you are saying though.

You think his comments are credible because you agree with them... it's only natural.

BF was mean to some players. He should lose his job over that?

lots of coaches want to bring that into their locker room ?

NFL players might just kick the crap out of him.

roflmao. I don’t see it.
Have you ever watched Hard Knocks? The position coaches in the NFL can be harsh in critiquing/motivating players, to put it mildly.

Reactions: chuck285
So Dochterman(sp?) says that and that makes it automatically true? That's just an opinion.

No different than your opinion he's wrong. Works both ways.

Dochterman has earned my faith through the years as an unbiased straight shooter-- never with an agenda. If anything, he's been very "pro-Iowa" through the years in his coverage.

No different than your opinion he's wrong. Works both ways.

Dochterman has earned my faith through the years as an unbiased straight shooter-- never with an agenda. If anything, he's been very "pro-Iowa" through the years in his coverage.

I think Howe got caught up in all this quickly and now he's invested in the fight more than he is the story. I will echo the above thoughts on Dochterman. Also, I've always found Leistikow to be very level-headed.

I think Howe got caught up in all this quickly and now he's invested in the fight more than he is the story. I will echo the above thoughts on Dochterman. Also, I've always found Leistikow to be very level-headed.

Won't disagree on Howe. He seems to have gone political activist also. This is why I understand he's now in the position to have to keep his reporting consistent on this subject to stay within the framework of his narrative. He's stuck his neck out too far. He must now continue to come up with people and stories to support the picture he's painted. He's learned from watching too much cable news.

This is why Dochterman's view on Brian Ferentz is troubling-- because it goes much against the grain of his typical pro-Iowa stance on things.

Won't disagree on Howe. He seems to have gone political activist also. This is why I understand he's now in the position to have to keep his reporting consistent on this subject to stay within the framework of his narrative. He's stuck his neck out too far. He must now continue to come up with people and stories to support the picture he's painted. He's learned from watching too much cable news.

This is why Dochterman's view on Brian Ferentz is troubling-- because it goes much against the grain of his typical pro-Iowa stance on things.

It's also worth noting that beat writers get put in tough positions during times like this. If we assume good, professional intent, they're clearly put at odds. We're the audience and we read their work because we love the Hawks. They need to maintain a good relationship with their audience and in order to provide the audience with good content, they have to have good relationships with those in and around the program. They also have a professional obligation to report the truth which, during bad times, isn't something the audience or those in/around the program want to read/talk about.

If Dochterman sees something, he SHOULD call it out. It will rub some fans the wrong way and it might make the next few conversations with the staff more tense, but nobody wins if the beat writers are just blowing sunshine up everyone's butts all the time. It's a hard balance and even good people with great intentions find it hard to stay centered on that line all the time.

Have you ever heard how two gay guys talk to each other? The things they say would never be even remotely acceptable from anyone else.
It’s no excuse for BF to say such things, but to suggest only “heteros” use such language is absurd.

Reactions: chuck285
It's also worth noting that beat writers get put in tough positions during times like this. If we assume good, professional intent, they're clearly put at odds. We're the audience and we read their work because we love the Hawks. They need to maintain a good relationship with their audience and in order to provide the audience with good content, they have to have good relationships with those in and around the program. They also have a professional obligation to report the truth which, during bad times, isn't something the audience or those in/around the program want to read/talk about.

If Dochterman sees something, he SHOULD call it out. It will rub some fans the wrong way and it might make the next few conversations with the staff more tense, but nobody wins if the beat writers are just blowing sunshine up everyone's butts all the time. It's a hard balance and even good people with great intentions find it hard to stay centered on that line all the time.

Well stated Hawkifann. As for Dochterman, and his comments about BF, I'm sure he never would have stated the opinion he did on SiriusXM if he didn't believe it based on his info/research and that had to be hard to do because he knew it wouldn't be popular inside or outside the program.

Have you ever watched Hard Knocks? The position coaches in the NFL can be harsh in critiquing/motivating players, to put it mildly.

Whether it be right or wrong, the general consensus is fans are much more tolerable at coaches being harsh with high paid multi millionaire professionals than college kids who are getting a scholarship and nothing else. This is why some coach's and their personalities belong in the NFL and not in college.

Train wreck based on what besides getting fired for wins/losses and at Colorado there was a recruiting issue? As it relates to any of the subject matter at play here, I'm not aware of any of that with him. I listen to him all the time on Sirius and he knows his stuff well, and articulates it well and more importantly, for an Iowa fanatic like you, he's always been very pro-Iowa and a very huge Ferentz fan.

Last edited:
What is the worst thing bf has done?

I would agree he hasn't shown himself to be Kirk's successor....haven't heard anything worth firing though. Assuming he is kind of a dbag to all players(which he likely is lol)

BF is not going to get fired through this. 1) Other than being a bully and a-hole many times (things already known previously), there likely isn't more conduct that is fireable 2) Iowa is paying for the investigation- they will have control in whatever punishments are levied. They aren't paying someone (the law firm) to conclude BF is losing his job

I agree totally with your assessment though that BF hasn't shown himself to be Kirk's successor. I think when people like James Daniels and Jaleel Johnson, two guys who want to help Iowa make change despite speaking out, say BF and Doyle are the problems, coupled with reputations previously known already, solidifies he's not the future leader type here.

Last edited:
BF is not going to get fired through this. 1) Other than being a bully and a-hole many times (things already known previously), there likely isn't more conduct that is fireable 2) Iowa is paying for the investigation- they will have control in whatever punishments are levied. They aren't paying someone (the law firm) to conclude BF is losing his job

I agree totally with your assessment though that BF hasn't shown himself to be Kirk's successor. I think when people like James Daniels and Jaleel Johnson, two guys who want to help Iowa make change despite speaking out, say BF and Doyle are the problems, coupled with reputations previously known already, solidifies he's not the future leader type here.

What exactly makes James Daniels or Jaleel Johnson experts on how to run a program? Can you list their resumes with experience running a power 5 college program consisting of overseeing 100+ players each year for us? Then if other former players are in support of BF then which players are right? Help me figure that out. Can someone give me the new criteria for expert or is it whoever can best level accusations on social media.

Bingo. You should see things when no cameras are there. The guy on last chance u was the extreme but he’s closer to reality than most people who have never played college football could ever imagine.

Reactions: And1Hawk
Says essentially Kirk will get a second chance and should...not optimistic about Brian...

FWIW...
I think Neuheisel has a pretty good handle on the situation. I think Brian would do well to move on. If he handles it the right way and there isn't something incendiary that comes up he could potentially come back at some point. If he waits until he's fired he might as well find a new line of work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT