ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

BIG10MANIAC

HR All-American
Apr 19, 2007
I was just wondering a few things regarding to recruiting. First, how many more will Iowa take in their class of 2020 and who is the Iowa staff close to landing? I thought I remembered people saying this was going to be a large class. Secondly, Has anyone heard anything else about Gavin Teasdale? I heard he was working out at Coe College? I don't know if that is true. Is he living in Iowa now and how long before he officially joins the team?

I was in the inner circle since the beginning but recently got out because I was in between jobs. I’ll be getting back in the circle in the future, but I call bullshit about not giving recruiting info out. This forum is going to die.

c4c2ff988bebd83a1635e5adec593b9b55b4900832b24c1852e5e6093428280b.jpg

Hopefully 2020 better than 2019...

2019 InterMat Recruiting Class Rankings

1. Ohio State
2. Arizona State
3. Cornell
4. Wisconsin
5. Virginia Tech
6. Nebraska
7. Oklahoma
8. Oklahoma State
9. Iowa State
10. Illinois
11. Michigan
12. Rutgers
13. Fresno State
14. Lehigh
15. Minnesota
16. NC State
17. Penn
18. Northern Colorado
19. Northern Iowa
20. Iowa

**At least we beat Penn St.

Iowa only had 3 recruits for this year, Assad, Glazier and Siebrecht...not surprised it's not top 10.
Ohio State picked up 9 recruits along with their 10 redshirt FR for next season
PSU has 7 with Brooks/Beard

Iowa has 5 commits for class of 2020 and OSU has none, PSU has Howard

Thanks for brushing up on that

Reactions: honkey69
I can only speak for myself, but the Inner Circle isn't about being secreative. It's about not having to deal with the riff raff that has inundated this forum. Too many fans of the opposition creating "fights" here as well as over 50% of the content being irrelavent & quite frankly a waste of time. Before anyone calls me out take a honest look at the content, the number of threads & the number of responses. After that if you choose to call me out you are wrong. Sorry for the "Spooner" approach there as my opinion isn't fact ;), but I'd still bet the majority agree.

I can only speak for myself, but the Inner Circle isn't about being secreative. It's about not having to deal with the riff raff that has inundated this forum. Too many fans of the opposition creating "fights" here as well as over 50% of the content being irrelavent & quite frankly a waste of time. Before anyone calls me out take a honest look at the content, the number of threads & the number of responses. After that if you choose to call me out you are wrong. Sorry for the "Spooner" approach there as my opinion isn't fact ;), but I'd still bet the majority agree.
I have to admit that it gets harder and harder to view some of these threads. I do not respond nearly as much as before, mostly due to the content of the threads.

Reactions: sltldowney

You are absolutely correct. There is a ton of garbage that gets thrown onto these threads. The OP was asking a simple question, that in no way could be construed as trolling or irrelevant.

I get some of the reasons why a "solely" for the most dedicated Iowa fans forum should be created. However, some of you come off as the "I have been getting beat up, while sharing my ball at the park, so I am taking my ball and going home!" whiners.

Due to the amount of traffic and amount of knowledgeable Hawkeye fans, this board has been the best source of information for quite some time now. Just because a few PSU fans piss you off, don't run away and hide. If you donate to your program a perk like a members only board is nice and well earned. But, it shouldn't be a 100% substitute for the chance to converse with ALL KINDS of wrestling fans.......

I get some of the reasons why a "solely" for the most dedicated Iowa fans forum should be created. However, some of you come off as the "I have been getting beat up, while sharing my ball at the park, so I am taking my ball and going home!" whiners.

Due to the amount of traffic and amount of knowledgeable Hawkeye fans, this board has been the best source of information for quite some time now. Just because a few PSU fans piss you off, don't run away and hide. If you donate to your program a perk like a members only board is nice and well earned. But, it shouldn't be a 100% substitute for the chance to converse with ALL KINDS of wrestling fans.......
MSU, I agree, but on the flip side of it something should also try to be done about the riff raff. To me it's more about the irrelavent bantering posts than the opposing fans. It becomes a giant waste of time to weed through to get to anything relevant.

Reactions: el dub
MSU, I agree, but on the flip side of it something should also try to be done about the riff raff. To me it's more about the irrelavent bantering posts than the opposing fans. It becomes a giant waste of time to weed through to get to anything relevant.

I do agree that a more hands on moderator would help. I am not asking for a BWI equal. That guy wields his "boom hammer" whichever way the wind blows.

I was in the inner circle since the beginning but recently got out because I was in between jobs. I’ll be getting back in the circle in the future, but I call bullshit about not giving recruiting info out. This forum is going to die.

I'm not in the inner circle but I don't see why anyone is obligated to tell you anything. People are free to choose where they post their info.

I'm not in the inner circle but I don't see why anyone is obligated to tell you anything. People are free to choose where they post their info.

Although I agree that no one is obligated to tell you anything, why be a dick about a simple question regarding recruiting? It's not like he was asking close to the vest questions about injuries or illnesses or even possible weight changes or redshirts.

If you can't ask a simple recruiting question on here, maybe it actually is time to just shut this board down altogether.......

I have always preferred to come to the H.R. board because it has always been the best source for information about the Iowa program and recruiting and I respect the HELL out of the long time posters who have great insight and inside information... If that is not the case anymore then I agree this board should be shut down..

Although I agree that no one is obligated to tell you anything, why be a dick about a simple question regarding recruiting? It's not like he was asking close to the vest questions about injuries or illnesses or even possible weight changes or redshirts.

If you can't ask a simple recruiting question on here, maybe it actually is time to just shut this board down altogether.......
Great response! Too many topics get sidetracked by smart asses and others who get their panties in a bunch because someone disagrees with them. Good discussion just doesn't last very long.

I'm certainly not the one to advise on why someone would or would not be a dick about something.

Hopefully 2020 better than 2019...

2019 InterMat Recruiting Class Rankings

1. Ohio State
2. Arizona State
3. Cornell
4. Wisconsin
5. Virginia Tech
6. Nebraska
7. Oklahoma
8. Oklahoma State
9. Iowa State
10. Illinois
11. Michigan
12. Rutgers
13. Fresno State
14. Lehigh
15. Minnesota
16. NC State
17. Penn
18. Northern Colorado
19. Northern Iowa
20. Iowa

**At least we beat Penn St.

I wouldn't take a whole lot of solace in Iowa beating PSU in these rankings. These rankings are, as they often are, myopic. Too much emphasis on lots of top 100's and too little weighting of top 10 and top 20.

Oklahoma ranks #7, far ahead of PSU at #22.

Oklahoma's top recruit looks to be #56 Dover (along with #59 Stiles and #70).

PSU is ranked #22 because, I guess, they only got the lowly #9 Starocci.

I'm certainly not the one to advise on why someone would or would not be a dick about something.

I’d love to meet you in person, I’m sure I’d like you - btw I’m your ol friend rustynailhawk

Man I thought some would find my irony funny. A question was asked about recruiting and I tried to recruit you to the inner circle which helps the program we all Iowa fans love. If that’s me being a dick then I guess guilty.

I understood; it just seems so quiet on here. Just feels like the board went away.

Bummer, Spooner ain't in the Inner Circle. I was hoping to meet you & let you buy me a beer while we try to progress Iowa Wrestling as a group. Instead I guess I'll just continue to read your posts critiquing how others can do things differently to progress Iowa Wrestling.

Iowa only had 3 recruits for this year, Assad, Glazier and Siebrecht...not surprised it's not top 10.
Ohio State picked up 9 recruits along with their 10 redshirt FR for next season
PSU has 7 with Brooks/Beard

Iowa has 5 commits for class of 2020 and OSU has none, PSU has Howard

I think the PSU recruits listed were part of ‘18, with I believe 4 grey shirting. I think; or another way to look at it with Brooks and Beard in a class do we believe they would not be top 20.

The most shocking thing of this entire inner circle circle jerk is that this board allows a competitor to advertise a message board other than their own in which people are paying to be a part of.

Reactions: Ski
I understood; it just seems so quiet on here. Just feels like the board went away.

It is pretty much going away. I’m sure it will have its place during the season but unfortunately it’s not worth the hassle to deal with the trolls and douchebags.

Reactions: Mendoza77
The most shocking thing of this entire inner circle circle jerk is that this board allows a competitor to advertise a message board other than their own in which people are paying to be a part of.

You are an expert in circle jerks so I’m not going to argue with you there.

Reactions: Gobblin
Bummer, Spooner ain't in the Inner Circle. I was hoping to meet you & let you buy me a beer while we try to progress Iowa Wrestling as a group. Instead I guess I'll just continue to read your posts critiquing how others can do things differently to progress Iowa Wrestling.

OK.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT