ADVERTISEMENT

Regarding Drew Ott..

The last I heard, it would be in the spring with the earliest in February. It should be interesting whether or not he is declared eligible. I would hope they take into consideration his dislocated elbow and torn ACL. Give the kid another chance to shine how he should, help the B1G represent, and give another Hawkeye exposure to the NFL.

Reactions: hawkeye_fan321
He will be a steal in the NFL draft or as an undrafted free agent.
I heard he won't be ready for the combine, so UFA is where he'll most likely end up...and that is actually a good thing as he can pick from the teams that are interested and go where he feels is the best fit.

My sources have told me that he'll be back but that he will be moved to WR. My sources are strong. Take it for what it's worth. :)

I heard he won't be ready for the combine, so UFA is where he'll most likely end up...and that is actually a good thing as he can pick from the teams that are interested and go where he feels is the best fit.
That may be the only pro out of the situation. He will start with a much less salary, and teams will not feel obligated to keep him if he does not perform or gets injured. There are a lot of players in the NFL that get a lot more chances because of where they are drafted. If he goes UFA he will most likely be practice squad at best.

That may be the only pro out of the situation. He will start with a much less salary, and teams will not feel obligated to keep him if he does not perform or gets injured. There are a lot of players in the NFL that get a lot more chances because of where they are drafted. If he goes UFA he will most likely be practice squad at best.
A year on some team's practice squad wouldn't be such a bad thing either...give him an extra year to get back to 100% while getting fully acclimated to the teams calls and sets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT