ADVERTISEMENT

What about this upcoming season would make you happy?

Deacon Hill in the portal. KF announcing retirement.

That Hill is still on the roster is ridiculous. Lainez, Poholsky, and whatever other walkons they have should be getting all the reps. Hill has shown what he can do . . .

Every snap Hill takes this spring is an affront to D-1 college football. IMHO, of course.

Last edited:
Reactions: littlez
I want to see Iowa execute better on offense.

According to some, that was the only thing that kept Iowa from 3 consecutive 15-0 seasons.
Well, it is statistically undeniable that you cannot win when you do not score, which is what Iowa did THREE times last season. So if you don't think the offense, with that Fordham fella at QB, was a problem, good for you. I hope you enjoy feeding your unicorns.

Due to Cade's rehab, I am looking forward to everyone on this board losing their minds when Deacon is the starter in spring ball.
How can you develop WRs and a passing game without a QB? Lainez and Poholsky should be getting ALL the first-team reps this spring. Everybody has seen the Deacon Hill show, one that never should have been picked up. But KF and his son really know QBs.

What I find interesting in our football fans vs basketball fans is how they see the game. Sure winning the game is the most important thing but if I'm going to sit down on a Saturday afternoon and spend almost 4 hours I'd like it to be enjoyable. We are absolutely not fun to watch play football anymore. Yes, I love watching our defense and what Phil Parker has done. But there's 2 sides of the ball and the other side has become unwatchable. We can argue until the end of time whether it's the players, the scheme, Brian, Kirk, etc. but the fact is we're a laughingstock offensively. I'd like to know on 3rd and ten we actually have a chance to make it. I want to be able to have a game where our quarterback can have a stat line of 22-30 for 270 yards again. I want to see us take the ball at our own 20 late in the game and one time drive 80 yards for a game winning touchdown again.

Making the playoffs.

I don't care if we have the same offense. Get into the playoffs. If that's not the goal, then why are we as fans being asked to give money everyday.

I hate that this is what college football has become, but it is what it is.
I will now add BEATING Alabama in the playoffs.

Proctor breaking his leg and never being able to play again would make me happy

A group of 5star Alabama kids decide for some reason to spring break in Iowa☀️
End up amazed by the weather, scenery and car dealerships!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT