ADVERTISEMENT

Republicans Eliminate the Only Federal Agency That Makes Sure Voting Machines Can’t Be Hacked

Jun 3, 2015
Chicago, Il
In a little-noticed 6-3 vote today, the House Administration Committee voted along party lines to eliminate the Election Assistance Commission, which helps states run elections and is the only federal agency charged with making sure voting machines can’t be hacked. The EAC was created after the disastrous 2000 election in Florida as part of the Help America Vote Act to rectify problems like butterfly ballots and hanging chads. (Republicans have tried to kill the agency for years.) The Committee also voted to eliminate the public-financing system for presidential elections dating back to the 1970s.

BAU

https://www.thenation.com/article/h...at-makes-sure-voting-machines-cant-be-hacked/

The federal government is too big and it costs too much!

ny-governors-race.jpg

We are fixing this, snowflakes!

Didn't read the article, but unless these voting machines are connected to the outside, how would they ever be hacked?

I've liked very, very little of what's happened since the election, but I have no problem with this. Most of what goes on in the elections is run by the states. I've read a couple of articles on it and researched a bit and I don't think this is going to be a major loss. I don't think this is going to lead to widespread election hacking.

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
I've liked very, very little of what's happened since the election, but I have no problem with this. Most of what goes on in the elections is run by the states. I've read a couple of articles on it and researched a bit and I don't think this is going to be a major loss. I don't think this is going to lead to widespread election hacking.

I agree with you 100%, but if you want to really witness media bias at it's finest, follow how this story is covered by the mainstream media and get back to me.

An agency that was set up "to help the states?" With voting which is a state-run operation.

Why was this ever needed? Why wouldn't they prefer to hire Price Waterhouse, Bain and Company, McKenzie, or any of another 100 or so outside consultants?

democrats never saw a bureaucracy they didn't like. of course they oppose the undoing of this meaningless and wasteful committee. government is the answer to all our problems. look how well it has worked in Chicago public schools. best in the Nation!

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT