ADVERTISEMENT

Republicans Have Already Arranged to Steal This Election

Two questions to ponder:

1. Suppose, despite all the laws, tricks and people they have in place, Republicans fail to steal the election. Does it stop there? Do Republicans/MAGAs allow peaceful continuity of power?

--- Alternatively ---

2. Suppose the Republicans succeed in clearly stealing the election. Everybody knows they stole it. Does it stop there? Do Democrats/Antifa allow a peaceful transition?

--- And then there's this ---

Alexa says there are an estimated 390 million guns in America - which she helpfully tells me is a "large number."

How many are owned by MAGAs? How many by Antifa?

Two questions to ponder:

1. Suppose, despite all the laws, tricks and people they have in place, Republicans fail to steal the election. Does it stop there? Do Republicans/MAGAs allow peaceful continuity of power?

--- Alternatively ---

2. Suppose the Republicans succeed in clearly stealing the election. Everybody knows they stole it. Does it stop there? Do Democrats/Antifa allow a peaceful transition?

--- And then there's this ---

Alexa says there are an estimated 390 million guns in America - which she helpfully tells me is a "large number."

How many are owned by MAGAs? How many by Antifa?
I wouldn't be too worried. If any of that should happen, President Biden would be sure to declare martial law and have the military confiscate all of the voting machines so a "proper" recount can be performed.

SCOTUS has already given him the green light to do this. I think SCOTUS is also concerned that there would be violence in these cases so that is why they have given POTUS free reign to do his official duties as he sees fit.

Thanks, SCOTUS! They're true PATRIOTS.

Reactions: goldmom
FWIW only one Justice from that 2000 Supreme Court is still there: Thomas.
Yeah, but did you realize this?

Supreme Court is about to have 3 Bush v. Gore alumni sitting on the bench (CNN from 2020)​

And that would be John Roberts, Brett Kavanaugh, and Amy Coney Barrett.

And, just by "coincidence", Roger Stone led the 'Brooks Bros. Riot' against the recount in Miami-Dade County in 2000. Lots of other familiar names in that coup attempt as well.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/17/poli...tt-kavanaugh-roberts-supreme-court/index.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooks_Brothers_riot#:~:text=Joel%20Kaplan%2C%20who%20became%20a,Mexico's%20Republican%20congresswoman%2C%20Heather%20Wilson.

I know you are deliberately pretending to not understand, and so it is pointless to go on, but I can't help myself.

I’m not, @What Would Jesus Do? hasn’t explained why he denies the results of the 2000 election.

There was plenty of time to recount all of the votes in Florida, but because Bush was ahead he sued to stop the recount and thus was awarded Florida's electoral votes prematurely.

Bush won the mandated recount, the Democrats then sought a manual recount in Democratic counties trying to ‘find the votes’ to put Gore over the top.
Republicans cried foul at letting Democrats try to ‘discern’ voter intent on improperly marked ballots.

images

Following the machine recount, the Gore campaign requested a manual recount in four counties. Florida state law at the time allowed a candidate to request a manual recount by protesting the results of at least three precincts.[10] The county canvassing board was then to decide whether to do a recount, as well as the method of the recount, in those three precincts.[11] If the board discovered an error that in its judgment could affect the outcome of the election, they were then authorized to do a full recount of the ballots.[12] This statutory process primarily accommodated recounts for local elections. The Gore campaign requested that disputed ballots in Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Volusia Counties be counted by hand. Volusia County started its recount on November 12. Florida statutes also required that all counties certify and report their returns, including any recounts, by 5:00 p.m. on November 14. The manual recounts were time-consuming, and it soon became clear that some counties would not complete their recounts before the deadline. On November 13 the Gore campaign and Volusia and Palm Beach Counties sued to have the deadlines extended.[13]

Among those sober-minded people following things closely, the main issue was the predictability that SCOTUS was going to overturn the ruling no matter what, meaning the Electoral Votes were going to be awarded without a recount.
Recount had already occurred.

Democrats wanted a re-recount, done by hand, in Democratic leaning counties.

That didn’t fly with the Supreme Court.

Last edited:
Reactions: goldmom
I wouldn't be too worried. If any of that should happen, President Biden would be sure to declare martial law and have the military confiscate all of the voting machines so a "proper" recount can be performed.

SCOTUS has already given him the green light to do this. I think SCOTUS is also concerned that there would be violence in these cases so that is why they have given POTUS free reign to do his official duties as he sees fit.

Thanks, SCOTUS! They're true PATRIOTS.
Goldie liked this post and I can’t figure out why.

Reactions: TheCainer
I’m not, @What Would Jesus Do? hasn’t explained why he denies the results of the 2000 election.

Bush won the mandated recount, the Democrats then sought a manual recount in Democratic counties trying to ‘find the votes’ to put Gore over the top.
Republicans cried foul at letting Democrats try to ‘discern’ voter intent on improperly marked ballots.

images

Following the machine recount, the Gore campaign requested a manual recount in four counties. Florida state law at the time allowed a candidate to request a manual recount by protesting the results of at least three precincts.[10] The county canvassing board was then to decide whether to do a recount, as well as the method of the recount, in those three precincts.[11] If the board discovered an error that in its judgment could affect the outcome of the election, they were then authorized to do a full recount of the ballots.[12] This statutory process primarily accommodated recounts for local elections. The Gore campaign requested that disputed ballots in Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Volusia Counties be counted by hand. Volusia County started its recount on November 12. Florida statutes also required that all counties certify and report their returns, including any recounts, by 5:00 p.m. on November 14. The manual recounts were time-consuming, and it soon became clear that some counties would not complete their recounts before the deadline. On November 13 the Gore campaign and Volusia and Palm Beach Counties sued to have the deadlines extended.[13]

Nice to see you spent the afternoon researching all of this, but you are wasting your time because I know that shit cold. The mandatory recount was a machine recount that was completed immediately.

Gore requested a manual recount in four specific counties because Florida law required such requests be petitioned at the county level - there was no provision to ask for a statewide manual recount. Given limited logistics and time he picked four counties in which he was likely to gain the most votes. Importantly, the whole “Equal Protection” argument was absurd give. The fact that poor counties mainly used punch card ballots - with high error rates - while wealthy counties used scanners with very low error rates. So, yes, he rather sketchily picked four counties that would almost certainly have put him over the top. But you have to remember he was facing a highly partisan State Secretary (Katherine Harris) who was aggressively doing everything she could to make sure Bush won.

You are wrong in your statement that Gore’s request to only recount certain counties was the problem. It was certainly a big talking point for Republicans on the talking head shows, but the law was not in question. It was the deadline imposed by Florida law the caused the conflict.

And I notice you ignore my main point: that SCOTUS was going to reject the Florida Supreme Court’s reasoning whichever way it ruled.

This thread is trolling gold. Gotta hand this one to OP.

Thing is, a good % of Maddow viewers will absolutely believe this.
They’re laying the groundwork now.
But don’t look.

BTW a poster on Warchant was a young lawyer on staff at the FL Supreme Court and his sharing of the Democratic shenanigans is very interesting.

images

Forgotten by many was the FACT that the ballot (butterfly!) that started the whole thing was designed by the DEMOCRATIC Supervisor of Elections.
And that one Ralph Nader siphoned off thousands of votes in SoFla from the Dems in higher than expected numbers.

Well, since it was stolen from them by the Democrats, they're simply having it returned to its rightful owner, right? I mean, technically speaking that is.

Technically.

Ya.

200w.gif

And of course, it's been almost 4 years and not one bit of evidence. Oh sure, there was a very few incidents where the republicans got caught voting a couple extra times, but nothing that changed anything.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
They can win 4 ways (at least) before resorting to violence:

1. Actually win.
2. Win by replacing Electoral College slates that favor Dems (from the vote) with slates chosen by state legislatures.
3. Refuse to certify state elections and throw the vote to the House, where Rs win.
4. Get the Supreme Court involved to decide the outcome (like in 2000).

3. I believe Kamala Harris would have to certify it.

Nice to see you spent the afternoon researching all of this, but you are wasting your time because I know that shit cold.
CTRL+c CTRL+v the relevant wiki paragraphs doesn’t even take me all afternoon.

The mandatory recount was a machine recount that was completed immediately.

And Bush won the recount.

So, yes, he rather sketchily picked four counties that would almost certainly have put him over the top.

The only way he was getting over the top is if Democratic officials in those counties could ‘find the votes’ where the NYT, etc. couldn’t.

We know this now.

And I notice you ignore my main point: that SCOTUS was going to reject the Florida Supreme Court’s reasoning whichever way it ruled.

They weren’t going to let them create new, unequal processes, to conduct that manual recount.
The FL SC boxed itself.

This is my concern. Not sure how the Democrats stop it from happening.
By using the new presidential powers bestowed by the Supreme Court?

That’s the only advantage I can think of.

The last time the MAGAts tried shit, Trump was in office without that extra gift from SCROTUS. I hope the Biden admin has some contingencies in place, from mild to extreme.

BTW. MAGAt civil war ammunition vs federal govn ammunition and technology = a 5 second battle ending up with lots of MAGAts dead or in jail.

The only way he was getting over the top is if Democratic officials in those counties could ‘find the votes’ where the NYT, etc. couldn’t.

They weren’t going to let them create new, unequal processes, to conduct that manual recount.
The FL SC boxed itself.

Those are some really silly takes. Those punch card ballots had something like a 4% error rate - predominantly undervotes from the infamous hanging chads. Even after the machine recount Gore’s vote totals went up just from the handling of the ballots knocking out those chads. He was behind by, what two hundred votes at that point? A completely fair recount in heavily Democratic counties would almost certainly have uncovered enough votes to win it. It is absurd to bring up cheating.

And as for new law, now you’re just being stupid. The FL court specifically avoided making new law. And, as I already told you, the counting of ballots was already significantly unequal. There are reasons, and there are excuses. SCOTUS clearly had their reasons, but equal protection was transparently an excuse.

3. I believe Kamala Harris would have to certify it.
IF it gets to the Senate, then Kamala has the chance to certify her own election. Or would she have to recuse herself?

[If KH recuses herself, I assume Patty Murray (D-Washington) takes over as President Pro Tem of the Senate.]

If Trump wins and it gets through the house to the Senate, the Trump argument in 2020 was that Pence could refuse to certify. But didn't the Dems put measures in place to prevent that happening in the future? If so, and if the Rs steal the election, Kamala's hands may be tied. It's almost like the Rs set a trap and the Dems eagerly jumped into it.

Why are MAGA piece of shit humans?

They are massively selfish and almost as dumb.

The rationalization they are making is that they will be ok under the dictatorship.

It takes about 5 minutes for them to enter the eating their own stage where they turn on each other. Accusations of being insufficiently loyal to the regime follow and then they are locked up with all the people they hate (minorities.)

Why are MAGA piece of shit humans?
Lots of reasons. Today, in America, a big one is FOX.

I've been enjoying listening to Pete explain why he goes on FOX. The 2 main reasons (my words, not his) are

1. Because otherwise FOX viewers don't get to hear the truth or the reasoning.

2. Because not everybody exposed to FOX controls the remote. They may want to hear different arguments and better facts but their husband, or parent, or employer, or exercise club, or bar controls whats on the screen.

It used to be pretty much all the fault of FOX. It's gotten worse, and I'm not sure FOX is the main propaganda organ any more, but it's still my top target.

Other obvious wreckers are many of our billionaires, the fossil energy sector and their ilk, leading Evangelicals, and, of course, the Republican Party.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Why do you ignore it? PF liked your post so that ought to tell you something. Nobody on this board disagrees with “If someone tells you who they are, believe them.”, more than you do. You completely dismiss WHAT THE CREATORS OF PROJECT 2025 ARE TELLING US. It’s insane, bins. Again you just stick your head in the sand. How about explain to us how Maddow is wrong here?
Jesus Christ, why don’t you just shut up you dork. Man you’re sickening totally sickening. Your clone job of Tim Walz. you are one weird dude.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT