ADVERTISEMENT

Revealing the identity of Ashli Babbitt's shooter..

Should the identity of Ashli Babbitt's shooter be revealed?

• yes

Votes: 18 20.5%
  • no

Votes: 70 79.5%

• Total voters

l.todd

HR MVP
Dec 21, 2004
Seeing a lot of controversy and back and forth on this. Admittedly, I never really gave it much thought one way or the other. However, I see Piers Morgan wrote a column about it saying that he knew the identity and that a lot of journalists who did their research do as well. Also, apparently the other day Trump mentioned something about this at his rally. Now, I completely understand why you would not want to release the identity, for fear of reprisal, etc. But why was that not taken into consideration for Darren Wilson (Michael Brown) or Derek Chauvin or the other cops nearby (George Floyd)? If you think that the identity of the shooter in the Ashli Babbitt incident should remain secret, did you also feel the same way about these others? Why or why not? If you put your political leanings aside, can you logically justify your poll answer?

So why was she the only one shot? She wasn’t armed. Why didn’t the cop mow down the whole group?

I’m not sure why none of the people in the building breaking through stuff didn’t think they’d eventually hit a point where they’d be shot, but sadly that girl seems to have found that point.
People have been shot to death in far less threatening situations.

The cop was doing his job so no. It's pretty much SOP for cops to not disclose who the shooter was in justified killings. For the exact reason Trump wants to know, so friends of the criminal don't go after the cop.

I thought SOP was that the name of the shooting officer is released to the public.

So why was she the only one shot? She wasn’t armed. Why didn’t the cop mow down the whole group?
She was the first one to breach an area where leaders of our government were sheltering. The cop that shot her probably saved some Congress members by making others think twice about entering the room. His/her name should be released and they should receive accolades for their service. What do you think the officer should have done?

She was the only one that breeched the barricaded area. After her shooting the others got the right idea.
What did they think would happen if they had gotten into the Senate chamber while Pence was still in there? The SS agents would have started shooting. In that case, should the names of those agents be released? The Capitol police serve the same function for members of Congress as SS agents do for those they are charged with protecting.

Whatever Trump wants his dumbass cult members...and those who really aren't cult members but only vote for him...lol...want as well.

Who shot Ashli Babbitt? We all saw the hand. We saw the gun … You know, if that were on the other side, the person that did the shooting would be strung up and hung. Okay? Now, they don’t want to give the name … It’s a terrible thing, right? Shot. Boom. And it’s a terrible thing.

I missed this.... I thought just Tucker felt this was a big deal.

I just can’t figure out this guy and his supporters. The other side? This wasn’t a scuffle at a country club that went bad... this was a group that invaded the capital. Good lord

As far as I'm concerned another 800+ should have been shot also, for being traitors to the nation.
Had they presented an actual threat to Pence we all would have found out just how committed these assholes were. They would have been climbing over the dead bodies of their fellow pricks.

Reactions: Tom Paris
The cop was doing his job so no. It's pretty much SOP for cops to not disclose who the shooter was in justified killings. For the exact reason Trump wants to know, so friends of the criminal don't go after the cop.

No it isn't.

She was the only one that breeched the barricaded area. After her shooting the others got the right idea.

man, thanks. I wasn’t aware she was the one who’s breached that area. Yeah, makes sense… too bad she had to be the example, kept the others from proceeding.

Hells bells...everyone who watched TV that day saw the friggin’ shooter! He made no bones about it...his gun was drawn, and he had a bead on the gal, and when she went up against the glass on the door, he shot her. She fell on her ass and bled out. There is no mystery here.

Last edited:
I want the name so I can send them a job well done message.

I think they should withhold the name in all police involved shootings until such time as either a charge is filed against the cop or if an internal review revealed aggregious misconduct or wrongdoing

No reason to release the name if it's deemed justified. Darren Wilson's life was ruined over the Michael Brown case.

I think they should withhold the name in all police involved shootings until such time as either a charge is filed against the cop or if an internal review revealed aggregious misconduct or wrongdoing

No reason to release the name if it's deemed justified. Darren Wilson's life was ruined over the Michael Brown case.
I agree and voted as such but the takes here are so pathetic I wanted to add some of my own.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT