ADVERTISEMENT

Revealing the identity of Ashli Babbitt's shooter..

Should the identity of Ashli Babbitt's shooter be revealed?

• yes

Votes: 18 20.5%
  • no

Votes: 70 79.5%

• Total voters
The dead terrorists idiot Brigade

I really hope some news channel does a VH1 style “Where are they now?” of our beloved 1/6 patriots someday. I mean, I know they’ll be in the same double-wide and all, but it will be fascinating to see if they’ve evolved to make better life decisions - like drinking Diet Mt Dew vs. Monster to stave off the abdominal pannus.

I'm glad we give our police fre reign to fight criminals with deadly force. This will likely clear up a lot of future threads.

Pretty interesting take on a justified police shooting in this thread

The fact that multiple people on this thread alone are backing the terrorist is what’s wrong with our country….

It was a violent, armed attack on the seat of our democracy….those officers were literally the last line to hold….end of story.

MAGAs want to know the name for the same reason they wanted to know the name of the Ukraine whistleblower and everyone else who filed complaints against Trump: to harass the **** out of decent people and bombard them with death threats.
This mentality isn't limited to MAGA.

Reactions: l.todd
It is kind of amazing watching the left tie themselves into a pretzel on this one.

4t80dd.jpg

Seeing a lot of controversy and back and forth on this. Admittedly, I never really gave it much thought one way or the other. However, I see Piers Morgan wrote a column about it saying that he knew the identity and that a lot of journalists who did their research do as well. Also, apparently the other day Trump mentioned something about this at his rally. Now, I completely understand why you would not want to release the identity, for fear of reprisal, etc. But why was that not taken into consideration for Darren Wilson (Michael Brown) or Derek Chauvin or the other cops nearby (George Floyd)? If you think that the identity of the shooter in the Ashli Babbitt incident should remain secret, did you also feel the same way about these others? Why or why not? If you put your political leanings aside, can you logically justify your poll answer?

She is the Horst Wessel of MAGA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horst_Wessel

Our policee are under attack too. What's the difference?
Why is it so difficult for you to review each case separately and on each of its own merits? The world is not black and white. There is a lot of gray, and it's almost a guarantee that no two situations are exactly the same.

Derrick Chauvin's name became public almost immediately because of the video made by a private citizen. He was easily identified. Now, whether that was the right thing to do is another story.

Of course it was,.. anytime someone dies at the hands of a law official, that law official needs to be publicly identified..

I'm wondering what rational people have for it to NOT be made public? Every time there is a police incident in this country people call for the name of the officer to be released almost immediately, What is the difference?

I'm wondering what rational people have for it to NOT be made public? Every time there is a police incident in this country people call for the name of the officer to be released almost immediately, What is the difference?
And not every time is it made public. Tallahassee Police Department (well the union really) is fighting to keep the identity of an officer confidential after a justified shooting in 2020 and so far the courts are backing the officer.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Kind of like they don't mention individual seal team members when they kill a terrorist.

Reactions: WDSMHAWK
And not every time is it made public. Tallahassee Police Department (well the union really) is fighting to keep the identity of an officer confidential after a justified shooting in 2020 and so far the courts are backing the officer.

I challenge you to provide more examples of them not releasing the name.

You did. Can you provide a link to this incredibly rare exception?

Listen, she is a bitch who got shot trying to overtake the Capitol. She’s probably rotting in hell right now.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
I'm glad we give our police fre reign to fight criminals with deadly force. This will likely clear up a lot of future threads.
It will be much clearer when you defend unarmed black men who get shot by cops.

So, it’ll still be cloudy.

I believed he should and stated as much. Nice try though.
I can admit I was wrong. You did, and stated so.

Oh… go look at the thread about the two Seattle cops who lied about their trip to DC insurrectionist and what they said.

Focus on the footnote about their names being released

I voted “no” simply because there is a credible threat to their life based on just how deplorable the MAGATs are.

I'm sure you felt the same way about releasing Darren Wilson's name during Ferguson. What's weird about that is that I don't remember one lib posting about how horrible it was that his name was broadcast to the world.

Reactions: hexumhawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT