ADVERTISEMENT

RIP in Peace Rusty (a good boy)

Moral

HR Legend
Sep 29, 2017
Rusty ended up making it to 13 years old, and I was surprised. I thought the guy was toast three years ago as he started to have health issues, but he ended up being pretty resilient. I got Rusty as a slightly matured puppy. My BIL had just deployed to Afghanistan and my sister was pregnant with her third. She really liked Rusty and wanted to keep him in the family so she drove up from Fort Hood and gave me Rusty who promptly bit me in the arm causing me to bleed. We became blood brothers after that.

Rusty was blind, diabetic, and had dry eyes starting at around 10 years old. Which lead to me spending a ton of money on medications, buying fancier foods, and carrying him around the park to set him in places he would sniff around on.

Sadly, an unexpected seizure/stroke a couple weeks ago unfortunately made for a very obvious decision. Either way here are some old dog pics, sorry no pics of my BIL or sister.

000132.jpg

a7692689-bbcb-4687-8ffd-6ee1a0851eb4.jpg

Full-Size-Render-1.jpg

IMG-1808-1.jpg

IMG-2109.jpg

Rusty ended up making it to 13 years old, and I was surprised. I thought the guy was toast three years ago as he started to have health issues, but he ended up being pretty resilient. I got Rusty as a slightly matured puppy. My BIL had just deployed to Afghanistan and my sister was pregnant with her third. She really liked Rusty and wanted to keep him in the family so she drove up from Fort Hood and gave me Rusty who promptly bit me in the arm causing me to bleed. We became blood brothers after that.

Rusty was blind, diabetic, and had dry eyes starting at around 10 years old. Which lead to me spending a ton of money on medications, buying fancier foods, and carrying him around the park to set him in places he would sniff around on.

Sadly, an unexpected seizure/stroke a couple weeks ago unfortunately made for a very obvious decision. Either way here are some old dog pics, sorry no pics of my BIL or sister.

000132.jpg

Full-Size-Render-1.jpg

IMG-1808-1.jpg

IMG-2109.jpg
😥

Sad for you. I hope you can find it in your heart to rescue another dog.

000132.jpg

Full-Size-Render-1.jpg

IMG-1808-1.jpg

IMG-2109.jpg

Sorry for the loss of your well dressed and well groomed pet.

Did he dress you as nicely? :)

• Love
Reactions: Scott559 and Moral
RIP my brother. Damn good dog and had great taste in amps and heads.

Reactions: Moral

000132.jpg

Full-Size-Render-1.jpg

IMG-1808-1.jpg

IMG-2109.jpg
Sorry to hear this Moral. Oh and there is a nickel under the table….

Corgi/rat terrier. Pretty unique guy.

That's funny. My parents had a Corgi/Rat Terrier female for many years. Anna Belle. My old man spoiled the shit out of her (ice cream, mike and ikes, etc). Probably why she died of a stroke early. She was a good dog though.

Sorry for your loss. He looked like an awesome dog. Maybe do a tribute painting of him for your avatar for a bit. What is the breed of the white dog? Almost looked like a samoyed puppy in the one picture.

Sorry for your loss. He looked like an awesome dog. Maybe do a tribute painting of him for your avatar for a bit. What is the breed of the white dog? Almost looked like a samoyed puppy in the one picture.

American Eskimo dog aka a white German spitz. They have a similar look to a samoyed but around half the weight.

sorry man, we have had a lot of cats and dogs, we got one that's 8 now. thinking one day...not going to be fun... well, we cannot think like that, just be grateful of the time they spend with us!! they are awesome

Sorry about Rusty @Moral, It is always a tough day, even when it is the right decision.
Hopefully, the happy memories and pictures of that snazzy dresser bring you and the family some solace and smiles.

Very sorry for your loss. Our first dog was a terrier mix from DSM ARL. She lived about 12 years. Then we got a fox terrier mix from another rescue place who had been abused and was scared of men. At about 3 our vet said she had an autoimmune disease and her kidneys were shutting down. Somehow she came out of it and lived to 11. Then we got two Pom mix pups from a rescue place in Missouri (one is 30 pounds so I call him a Standard Pom LOL). They are almost 8 now. Can’t imagine not having them.

Ts and Ps dude.

Like I tell everyone, I like my dog more than pretty much everyone I'm not related to, and more than quite a few I am related to.

And yes, if I had to pick between my dog and a person in a life or death situation, sorry people, I'm picking my dog because he's better than you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT