ADVERTISEMENT

Rolex watch question

Derekd3408

HR Legend
Gold Member
Feb 10, 2011
I was notified in December I earned a career milestone with my company and will recieve a Rolex watch equal to or less than $13,000. If I go over I pay the difference. I cant take a cash option instead and know nothing about Rolex watches, so I am wondering what the best model would be? Unfortunately ive drug my feet on this and found out I need to email my decision by 4pm today. I have absolutley no idea where to even start. I would like to keep it close to or under the allocated price unless there is something awesome available that is truly a worthwhile upgrade for $500-$1000 more. Not willing to spend any more then that. My most expensive watch currently is $200 and it was hard to bite that bullet.

Heres some pics for your troubles
Bandage-Sexy-Swimwear-Brazilian-Bikini-Thong-Tanga-Hot-Woman-String-Bikinis-Set-Swimsuit-Swim-Bikiny-Cheeky.jpg_640x640.jpg
81xfFuPtq0L._SY679_.jpg

914391307b27c231b23dd9f2e259562f.jpg

cf9e4e9b77e73681c4bad19e476ce5d2.jpg

I was notified in December I earned a career milestone with my company and will recieve a Rolex watch equal to or less than $13,000. If I go over I pay the difference. I cant take a cash option instead and know nothing about Rolex watches, so I am wondering what the best model would be? I would like to keep it close to or under the allocated price unless there is something awesome available that is truly a worthwhile upgrade for $500-$1000 more. Not willing to spend any more then that. My most expensive watch currently is $200 and it was hard to bite that bullet.

Bandage-Sexy-Swimwear-Brazilian-Bikini-Thong-Tanga-Hot-Woman-String-Bikinis-Set-Swimsuit-Swim-Bikiny-Cheeky.jpg_640x640.jpg
81xfFuPtq0L._SY679_.jpg

Girl number one is so hot I cant take it.

By mentioning a cash option are you indicating you would sell it or just mentioning that so no one replies take the cash option?

I'd go with the Pepsi GMT. Will always remind you of HROT.

unby3i3phjf21.jpg

Reactions: Rudolph and Wendy79
I would never wear a $13,000 watch because I would A) lose it or B) be afraid someone would try to steal it.
I would get the most expensive watch you can then just sit on it for a while

If it's me I ask my company if I can get a Women's watch and give it to my wife or SO. It sounds like you may not care all that much about your watch- maybe your lady does and you get to be the bearer of a nice gift.
Oh man you'd get a lot of miles out of a move like that...

Reactions: DrVenkman
I was notified in December I earned a career milestone with my company and will recieve a Rolex watch equal to or less than $13,000. If I go over I pay the difference. I cant take a cash option instead and know nothing about Rolex watches, so I am wondering what the best model would be? Unfortunately ive drug my feet on this and found out I need to email my decision by 4pm today. I have absolutley no idea where to even start. I would like to keep it close to or under the allocated price unless there is something awesome available that is truly a worthwhile upgrade for $500-$1000 more. Not willing to spend any more then that. My most expensive watch currently is $200 and it was hard to bite that bullet.

81xfFuPtq0L._SY679_.jpg

Seriously though if this is for real what a dumb reward. You have to take what is one of the most ridiculously overpriced things in the world - other than high end designer clothes which are actually super ugly and stupid looking - rather than cash or a travel package?

If it's me I ask my company if I can get a Women's watch and give it to my wife or SO. It sounds like you may not care all that much about your watch- maybe your lady does and you get to be the bearer of a nice gift.
I asked her this and she said no. She said I earned it and she wanted me to have it. I said we should sell it and take a 2 week European vacation or something with the money, she replied no to that as well and thinks I should get one I like and wear it to certain events and if we ever need cash down the road we can sell it then.

Reactions: DrVenkman
Seriously though if this is for real what a dumb reward. You have to take what is one of the most ridiculously overpriced things in the world - other than high end designer clothes which are actually super ugly and stupid looking - rather than cash or a travel package?
I don't disagree at all, but it's either take the watch or nothing. Probably in my best interest to accept the watch.

Consider the Rolex Day Date, it's got among the best resale value in the Rolex line. Comes in at approx $10k.
Would be a shame to leave $3k on the table though.

Basically just find a watch that retains (or gains) value, throw it in a safe or under the mattress with all docs of authenticity and then sell it. Keep on rocking out with your $200 watch.

Maybe create an account on this forum and ask them..
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=374842

Reactions: FormerlyCyberCy
Oh man I am looking forward to giving you so much shit for this.

Btw, girl number 2 has what appears to be a small peen. NTTAWWT.

Reactions: birdforbogey
Being a poor I would get the most expensive one possible and sell it as soon as I thought I could and get away with it. If that time wouldn’t be until retirement I would put it in a safe deposit box until that time.

Stuff like this and jewelry mean nothing to me. As many people (men and women) that I see with rubber wedding bands I don’t think I am alone.

I was talking to a lady a while back and she told me she had done some Ironman triathlons. I asked her about her bike and she immediately flashed me her rubber wedding ring. I busted out laughing and said “you pissed it all alway on your bike didn’t you?” She smiled and said yup and told me all about her bike.

Considering the waste in resources to acquire gold and diamonds I am surprised more people don’t agree.

I asked her this and she said no. She said I earned it and she wanted me to have it. I said we should sell it and take a 2 week European vacation or something with the money, she replied no to that as well and thinks I should get one I like and wear it to certain events and if we ever need cash down the road we can sell it then.

Who the hell do you work for? Mid-1960’s company.

That bitch is going to steal your watch!!

Reactions: torbee
If the cash option was $6k I'd take it, but there is no cash option. Watch or nothing.
I would probably get one right at the limit and sell it for several grand less still in box and everything. Additionally I would confirm with my company if this will be added as income to my w-2 and if so if they are also paying the income tax on it?.

• Haha
Reactions: beanerhawk
Won't you have to declare this as income for tax purposes? I don't know if that's true or not but if you do have to pay taxes, you might want to consider that when deciding.

Depends on how much you want to be taxable

I'm guessing this is in fact considered taxable income. If you're going to end up with a $3000 tax liability and you can probably only re-sell the thing for half of what it is truly "worth", this is almost not even worth it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT