ADVERTISEMENT

Rolex watch question

If you wear the watch on your fap hand you will increase arm strength. Otherwise, I see no reason have a watch.
In all seriousness, I love a watch. Hate having to get my phone out to check the time. Hate having to get my phone out in social settings (posts this while sitting in a bar with friends).

Reactions: Moral
OP should have gotten the Daytona model. Coolest looking cosmograph and it’s telling to me that the used models are selling at 150% of new retail price. The waiting list is over a year long so there’s your only downside but you weren’t expecting it anyway so who cares?

I wear a 1967 submariner. Have since I was 17 (hs graduation gift).

I’d probably never buy one, but it’s a look that has held up for decades. And, how they work is kind of neat.

There are maintenance costs. Every few years or so, you’ll have to get it cleaned. That will cost you.

Watch finally came today. I'm pretty happy with it. Went back and forth between this one and the Submariner. Only downfall is buying two more links so it fits :(.
30drnf.jpg

Was in Scottsdale last week and girlfriend went into the Rolex store. She's chatting with the salesperson and asks to try one of them on. Of course she picks the one with the custom meteorite minute/second hands. Turn it over and the price tag is $75,000+. I about had a stroke. Told her to take it off and we should probably go. Don't get me started on the Cartier jewelry we also looked at. Stuff was more expensive than my house.

Was in Scottsdale last week and girlfriend went into the Rolex store. She's chatting with the salesperson and asks to try one of them on. Of course she picks the one with the custom meteorite minute/second hands. Turn it over and the price tag is $75,000+. I about had a stroke. Told her to take it off and we should probably go. Don't get me started on the Cartier jewelry we also looked at. Stuff was more expensive than my house.
There was a time in my life I was attracted to things like this. As I’ve aged status symbols have the opposite affect on me. To me they are sad advertisements that some folks need to let the world know they are important.

Not saying my view is 100% right, but it certainly fits a fair % of people.

I am with those who still like to wear a nice wristwatch. My personal favorite which I wear about 50% of the time is a Tag Heuer Link chronograph. It’s dubbed the “Jason Bourne” model because that was the watch that was in the safe deposit box in Zurich in Bourne Identity.

Makes for a fun conversation piece. I got a good deal for it. Didn’t quite pay what is shown in the link.

https://www.authenticwatches.com/ct...Vif_jBx030g0AEAQYASABEgIDCvD_BwE#.XNHp4RZOmEc

My watch is a Garmin...I like it ‘cause with a flip of the switch, I can see how far the fist hole is away.
My F-i-L gave me his Bulova...and I have a really nice jeweled Rado I’d like to sell/ trade for a set of PXG “ most forgiving” irons. Any takers?

My watch is a Garmin...I like it ‘cause with a flip of the switch, I can see how far the fist hole is away.
My F-i-L gave me his Bulova...and I have a really nice jeweled Rado I’d like to sell/ trade for a set of PXG “ most forgiving” irons. Any takers?
I have a Fitbit. I get my fat ass steps counted. Mrs. Herk has become Big Brother. :mad:

Reactions: joelbc1
The Submariner is a classic choice known for its timeless design and versatility. It's perfect for both formal occasions and everyday wear. Another option is the Datejust, which exudes elegance with its iconic design and date function.
Now, if you're willing to stretch your budget slightly, consider the Explorer II. It offers additional functionality with its dual time zone feature, making it ideal for travelers or those who appreciate practicality.
Also, they're a fantastic way to personalize your luxury watch and make it uniquely yours. You can try some watch straps for your luxury watch. Whether you prefer leather, NATO, or metal bracelets, there's a strap out there to suit your style.

The Submariner is a classic choice known for its timeless design and versatility. It's perfect for both formal occasions and everyday wear. Another option is the Datejust, which exudes elegance with its iconic design and date function.
Now, if you're willing to stretch your budget slightly, consider the Explorer II. It offers additional functionality with its dual time zone feature, making it ideal for travelers or those who appreciate practicality.
Also, they're a fantastic way to personalize your luxury watch and make it uniquely yours. You can try some watch straps for your luxury watch. Whether you prefer leather, NATO, or metal bracelets, there's a strap out there to suit your style.
robot GIF

It's funny reading this old thread. The amount of poors on here bitching about taxes is really funny. Good old OT board reading at it's finest.

Reactions: OutbackBowl2017
Chris Rock Reaction GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
$600 is what I was told. Bought two used ones from a place in Germany for $219. Hopefully that works out.
Your company didn’t provide a personal experience regarding sizing and model selection? What dicks!!!

Hope you are enjoying your watch. Let me know when you want to sell it! 😜 or trade for a bottle of 23 year PVW bourbon.

I am with those who still like to wear a nice wristwatch. My personal favorite which I wear about 50% of the time is a Tag Heuer Link chronograph. It’s dubbed the “Jason Bourne” model because that was the watch that was in the safe deposit box in Zurich in Bourne Identity.

Makes for a fun conversation piece. I got a good deal for it. Didn’t quite pay what is shown in the link.

https://www.authenticwatches.com/ct...Vif_jBx030g0AEAQYASABEgIDCvD_BwE#.XNHp4RZOmEc
Love wearing a nice wrist watch. Tag is my go to. Have everyday work ones. Dress up ones and really special occasions ones.

It's funny reading this old thread. The amount of poors on here bitching about taxes is really funny. Good old OT board reading at it's finest.
I’d gladly pay the taxes on a $13,000 item if someone was going to give it to me. Boy, those guys would have a hard time winning anything on a game show like WoF and keeping the winnings w/o paying any taxes on it.

Reactions: beanerhawk
I’d gladly pay the taxes on a $13,000 item if someone was going to give it to me.

Wouldn’t it need to be something you actually wanted though?
Why ‘gladly’ pay a couple thousand in taxes for something you wouldn’t spend $10 to own?
It’s like ‘saving’ money by buying something you don’t want just because it was discounted.

Wouldn’t it need to be something you actually wanted though?
Why ‘gladly’ pay a couple thousand in taxes for something you wouldn’t spend $10 to own?
It’s like ‘saving’ money by buying something you don’t want just because it was discounted.
I’d sell it for an amount in cash over the taxes paid as long as brand new. It’s a win, win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT