ADVERTISEMENT

Rolex watch question

I'm guessing this is in fact considered taxable income. If you're going to end up with a $3000 tax liability and you can probably only re-sell the thing for half of what it is truly "worth", this is almost not even worth it.

Or you get a $6,000 watch so you only have to pay around $1,200 in taxes. Not sure I'd spend $1,200 on a watch but it might be worth it at that price. Or I could sell you my fake Rolex for $50.

Or you get a $6,000 watch so you only have to pay around $1,200 in taxes. Not sure I'd spend $1,200 on a watch but it might be worth it at that price. Or I could sell you my fake Rolex for $50.
Circa 1999 you could get a "Rollex" for $5 in NYC. On vacation as we sat down for breakfast, I joked it was the only place in the world where a glass of orange juice is more expensive than a watch.

I have a Breitling (christmas present) and know nothing about Rolex but I'm asking a friend.

Reactions: Derekd3408

Well, now the story is that this isn't taxable, so I guess the answer is you take the best watch you can get ($13,000) and either keep it or sell it.

I would take the cash option.

I was told at a young age in my sales career never to wear a Rolex around customers. It gives off the wrong impression. I didnt think much about it (Im cheap and would never buy one) until last year. I was working a deal with a customer and the customer mentioned that the sales manager for the other company wore a different Rolex in the two meetings they had. Turned the customer off..

Well, now the story is that this isn't taxable, so I guess the answer is you take the best watch you can get ($13,000) and either keep it or sell it.

Then you're in luck, my Rolex is available for you. You interested?

When I emailed them asking about my tax liability for the watch they replied nothing. The company takes care of it. I was surprised at that as well.

Maybe the company takes care of it by not having a paper trail. It is highly unlikely that you would get caught but it is certainly taxable.

Maybe the company takes care of it by not having a paper trail. It is highly unlikely that you would get caught but it is certainly taxable.
Could be. I wont argue as I haven't dug into it more than my initial question. I'll be livid if I end up getting taxed on this because the resale value will basically be the amount of taxes I pay. The company engraves their logo on the back of the watch and I'm told that drops the value in half instantly.

When you buy a Rolex, you are entering the world of time piece!
Rolex is universally appreciated a fine quality. You work for a very nice company, my friend. You can spend $13k on a Rolex time piece quite easily.
Yeah, I was tinkering around on the rolex website a little bit ago and built a watch that was 60k. That's an absolutley crazy amount of cash to spend on a watch at any income level.

Yeah, I was tinkering around on the rolex website a little bit ago and built a watch that was 60k. That's an absolutley crazy amount of cash to spend on a watch at any income level.

And just wait until you have to fix it. It's like owning some expensive cars, even if the car is free, I don't want to pay to get the oil changed.

I like that a lot. My friend recommended the datejust 41 stainless with gold. It comes in at $12,050
m126333-0009.png

I've got one of those (inherited from dad). It has sentimental value to me, but honestly, there's really nothing special about this make. Maybe spend the $13K on a pre-owned one of these?

3919j-pre-owned-patek-philippe-calatrava-reference-3919-yellow-gold-manual-VPP9701585.png

Datejust II doesn't maximize your spend, but you won't look like a douchebag wearing it.

Datejust-II_560.jpg

If you're just going to turn around and sell, find one that's exactly $13K.

Reactions: PoopandBoogers
I bought 10 in NYC for a WHOLE HELLUVA LOT LESS than $13,000.

And I got a free coat with them too.

OP, don't be a sucker.

Reactions: joelbc1
I was notified in December I earned a career milestone with my company and will recieve a Rolex watch equal to or less than $13,000. If I go over I pay the difference. I cant take a cash option instead and know nothing about Rolex watches, so I am wondering what the best model would be? Unfortunately ive drug my feet on this and found out I need to email my decision by 4pm today. I have absolutley no idea where to even start. I would like to keep it close to or under the allocated price unless there is something awesome available that is truly a worthwhile upgrade for $500-$1000 more. Not willing to spend any more then that. My most expensive watch currently is $200 and it was hard to bite that bullet.

Heres some pics for your troubles
Bandage-Sexy-Swimwear-Brazilian-Bikini-Thong-Tanga-Hot-Woman-String-Bikinis-Set-Swimsuit-Swim-Bikiny-Cheeky.jpg_640x640.jpg
81xfFuPtq0L._SY679_.jpg

914391307b27c231b23dd9f2e259562f.jpg

cf9e4e9b77e73681c4bad19e476ce5d2.jpg
This is what the watch guy said:

Rolex Batman or regular black GMT
Submariner Black or hulk green
2 tone date 41mm jubilee bracelet fluted bezel

His typing was kind of screwed up so hope you can make sense of the typos

This is what the watch guy said:

Rolex Batman or regular black GMT
Submariner Black or hulk green
2 tone date 41mm jubilee bracelet fluted bezel

His typing was kind of screwed up so hope you can make sense of the typos
Actually went with 2 tone datejust 41mm fluted bezel but the oyster bracelet. Thanks for asking for me. Appreciate it. Makes me feel good about my decision.

Could be. I wont argue as I haven't dug into it more than my initial question. I'll be livid if I end up getting taxed on this because the resale value will basically be the amount of taxes I pay. The company engraves their logo on the back of the watch and I'm told that drops the value in half instantly.
Buy another back on eBay.

If you wear the watch on your fap hand you will increase arm strength. Otherwise, I see no reason have a watch.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT