ADVERTISEMENT

Rolex watch question

I am not familiar with anyone who doesn’t wear a watch. I’m sure they exist though……Isn’t a watch one of the first pieces of jewelry a man buys, or is gifted?
I don't wear a watch, but I am wearing one of those cute colored rubber band bracelets that my daughter made me. I'm pretty sure my customers judge me pretty hard for not wearing a watch...

I don't wear a watch, but I am wearing one of those cute colored rubber band bracelets that my daughter made me. I'm pretty sure my customers judge me pretty hard for not wearing a watch...
Now I’m supposed to feel… bad?
I still do not know anyone ;adult) who doesn’t wear a warmth… or a “time piece” of some sort. Not a negative character reference /flaw… just an observation. How’s you ever get out of school without being gifted a watch?
My favorite “watch” story is a golf buddy, who upon graduating from U Texas (Austin) and completing his AF duty was hired as a manufacturer’s salesman. Upon his initial job interview, his boss gave him a book and told him to read it and they would meet a week later and discuss it. The book was about how to dress for success….#1 Ruke in the book….buy the most expensive time piece you can afford and wear it every day. My buddy went to the local PX and purchased a Rolex Aviator…he spent about $300 on it (1975)…..A few days later he met his boss for lunch, the boss saw his watch and told him “you’ll do great here”…The guy worked for this company his 35 year work career….He still wears the watch…its current value is about $6k today…

Now I’m supposed to feel… bad?
Nah, just was reading your comment, looked down at my wrist and saw my rubber band bracelet and thought it was silly that a grown adult was wearing what I was, so I thought I'd make a comment. I love how watches look, I just don't wear one, though I'm dressed up damn near every day and it would be a fitting accessory.
I was gifted a watch, probably in middle school or thereabouts, no idea where it is. I've shopped for them a few times in the earlier days of starting my professional career, and never found anything I loved.

I used to wear those too! Watches can indeed be a great accessory, especially when you're dressed up. I've been in a similar boat—admiring watches but never quite finding one that felt right. Recently, I stumbled upon replica Panerai watches and was surprised by how close they are to the real deal. I was skeptical at first, but after some research and reading reviews, I took a chance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT