ADVERTISEMENT

Rough offense

Mitchell not playing blows my mind and after this many years of dough boy Davis that is saying something.

Reactions: QChawks
How many schools would Davis still be the O-Coordinator at? IN his 5th year his highest ranking offense was last years (52nd). The other years have been in the 60-70 range. His current offense this year is looking to finish around 90-100!!!

I am guessing probably 80-90% of schools would of fired him by now. KF will probably give him a damn raise at the end of the year.

from hawkcentral

http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sp.../?hootPostID=2244fe97e8043507113a04026ce25fdf

It sounds like Mitchell isn't hurt and don't expect Wadley to lead the team in receptions. I am left wondering what Ferentz and staff do all week. Any decent coach would have found a way to get King involved on offense after Vandy went down. We have a bunch of circus monkeys leading the program.
Why do we need King, when we have Mitchell though? Get that man more involved. He's a highlight reel waiting to happen.

My guess is CJ is hurt but they won't say and shouldn't. He got pile driven to the ground on his shoulder and then hit so hard it belt his knee brace. Can't believe he is 100%.

My guess is CJ is hurt but they won't say and shouldn't. He got pile driven to the ground on his shoulder and then hit so hard it belt his knee brace. Can't believe he is 100%.

If CJ's so hurt that it means Mitchell can't even get on the field, that's a big problem.

Wait, I mean, if CJ's so hurt that our offense cannot properly function, then why is CJ still trotting out there? Why not Stanley at this point - he's the future AND he's not hurt like CJ.

I guess I'm just saying this staff gives us a lot of insulting answers, which is fine if you're winning Super Bowls like Bill Belichek. Not so much when you're on pace for 6-6.

Reactions: nelly02
He's the "DB coach" and we have a pathetic secondary. Imagine how picked apart we'd get if King hadn't come back.
Serious? He is also the DC and if you would look at our defensive passing #'s compared to the late great Norm Parker (loved the man) to Phil Parker's passing #'s i belive Norm's defense averaged in the 60's for pass defense and Phil's defense average is 36, total defense 29th and scoring defense 26th in the nation......you do realize the only reason King is here in the first place is because Phil Parker offered him with a bunch of MAC schools...considering we have sent numerous DB's to the NFL especially compared to our other "skill" positions I think Phil is doing just fine

Not playing Mitchell is just another example of not playing our best athletes. We need to get the playmakers on the field. It blows my mind we dont use Wadley or Mitchell against LBs more. These two are elusive and fast. ABsolutely mind blowing....

Not playing Mitchell is just another example of not playing our best athletes. We need to get the playmakers on the field. It blows my mind we dont use Wadley or Mitchell against LBs more. These two are elusive and fast. ABsolutely mind blowing....
Obviously your mind was blown away before you made this comment. Every coach will play the players who give them the best chance to win. Period, end of discussion....but I will assume we will read about these type of comments until we die.

Sometime next Spring, we will hear that CJ was hurt all season long, but he was the best option we had @ the time. Still waiting to hear someday why Vandenberg (sp?) played every snap during that 4-8 season with Rudock not even warranting mop-up work.

Reactions: SDHawkDoc

Maybe they are "working really hard on those routes, but just aren't quite there yet" (like Boyle and his mastering of the slant route) ???

Maybe they are "working really hard on those routes, but just aren't quite there yet" (like Boyle and his mastering of the slant route) ???
Apparently we make the routes pretty complicated. Similar to our overall offense, which is why it takes players 2+ years to get a grasp on it (looking at you Powell). Once they figure it out though, watch out! For as much as we make fun of SEC players and education, they must be bringing in some pretty sharp kids compared to Iowa if they can get freshman to come in and play right away.

Apparently we make the routes pretty complicated. Similar to our overall offense, which is why it takes players 2+ years to get a grasp on it (looking at you Powell). Once they figure it out though, watch out! For as much as we make fun of SEC players and education, they must be bringing in some pretty sharp kids compared to Iowa if they can get freshman to come in and play right away.

I think it's the refusal to just draw up a play and tell them which route to run. Instead they "make reads". :(

How many schools would Davis still be the O-Coordinator at? IN his 5th year his highest ranking offense was last years (52nd). The other years have been in the 60-70 range. His current offense this year is looking to finish around 90-100!!!

I am guessing probably 80-90% of schools would of fired him by now. KF will probably give him a damn raise at the end of the year.
Pretty sure GD and PP received 2 year deals at 610k per....when KF received his extention...talking about giving him another raise?

Certainly not 100% , but he wasn't at this time last year either and was much more effective. Hoping some day he'll go public about WTF's been happening with the offense this season.

C'mon. "Learning the system", "getting himself established", and "working on learning the offense" are all code words for "this guy isn't as good as the guy we have playing ahead of him". I can't believe how many people are convinced that KF doesn't play better guys because they didn't tuck their shirt in at practice or some lame-ass excuse like that.

If CJ's so hurt that it means Mitchell can't even get on the field, that's a big problem.

Wait, I mean, if CJ's so hurt that our offense cannot properly function, then why is CJ still trotting out there? Why not Stanley at this point - he's the future AND he's not hurt like CJ.

I guess I'm just saying this staff gives us a lot of insulting answers, which is fine if you're winning Super Bowls like Bill Belichek. Not so much when you're on pace for 6-6.
Mitchell's not a 1 on the depth chart like CJ is.

from hawkcentral

http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sp.../?hootPostID=2244fe97e8043507113a04026ce25fdf

It sounds like Mitchell isn't hurt and don't expect Wadley to lead the team in receptions. I am left wondering what Ferentz and staff do all week. Any decent coach would have found a way to get King involved on offense after Vandy went down. We have a bunch of circus monkeys leading the program.
Don't you get it that King already has a full plate with playing 60+ snaps on D plus K/O and P/R?

Obviously your mind was blown away before you made this comment. Every coach will play the players who give them the best chance to win. Period, end of discussion....but I will assume we will read about these type of comments until we die.

Every coach will also recruit, game plan and manage the clock in a way to give them the best chance to win. Some are just better at it than others. GD is not better at it. Any of it. KF does not exactly excel at offensive football. Period, end of discussion.

Serious? He is also the DC and if you would look at our defensive passing #'s compared to the late great Norm Parker (loved the man) to Phil Parker's passing #'s i belive Norm's defense averaged in the 60's for pass defense and Phil's defense average is 36, total defense 29th and scoring defense 26th in the nation......you do realize the only reason King is here in the first place is because Phil Parker offered him with a bunch of MAC schools...considering we have sent numerous DB's to the NFL especially compared to our other "skill" positions I think Phil is doing just fine

We also send TE's and OL's to the NFL and I don't think anyone could say we're exactly lighting it up on those fronts either. I get what you're saying and not trying to be a Richard. I just disagree and think PP lacks the ability to adjust in-game, and change schemes to fit what is happening on the other side of the ball. Norm had a much better mind in my opinion and his ability to adjust during the game was pretty impressive. Again, I might be alone in that opinion and that's fine. Just don't think Phil is all that and a bag of chips.

We also send TE's and OL's to the NFL and I don't think anyone could say we're exactly lighting it up on those fronts either. I get what you're saying and not trying to be a Richard. I just disagree and think PP lacks the ability to adjust in-game, and change schemes to fit what is happening on the other side of the ball. Norm had a much better mind in my opinion and his ability to adjust during the game was pretty impressive. Again, I might be alone in that opinion and that's fine. Just don't think Phil is all that and a bag of chips.
Understandable and appreciate your approach in the argument. I am certain the PP has his deficiencies, as all people/coaches do, I just feel we are very fortunate to have him on staff. I have no problem with your approach and/or opinion, I just differ in mine :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT