ADVERTISEMENT

Round 2 Scouting - Crookham

hawktitle

Rookie
Jan 29, 2019
Looking to Round 2, how does Teske match up with Crookham? Crookham beat Vito twice this year. Top 20 recruit. Looks like he redshirted last year. How would you gameplan him for Teske? As a starting point, do you try to keep it close and get a takedown at the end? Or do you let it fly with this guy? I’m thinking let it fly because that’s what Teske does best but what does anyone else think?

Looking to Round 2, how does Teske match up with Crookham? Crookham beat Vito twice this year. Top 20 recruit. Looks like he redshirted last year. How would you gameplan him for Teske? As a starting point, do you try to keep it close and get a takedown at the end? Or do you let it fly with this guy? I’m thinking let it fly because that’s what Teske does best but what does anyone else think?
Crookham looks to me like someone who is very efficient. Solid tough position on feet. Doesnt shoot much but when he does it ends in takedown. Very calm and methodical so letting it fly may throw him off. Vito didnt let it fly till last 20 secs. Think if he woupd of attacked more early hed win.

Teske seems to be strongest when trailing. This kid is to defensive and solid to come from behind in my opinion.

Crookham is tough to score on a he wants you to shoot in him and he's a great scrambler. I'm not sure what his go-to shot is but if Teske shoots on him, it's very likely 3 for the other guy.

Teske might be better served choosing top when it's his choice. Hopefully catch a cradle or some tilts.

After the Bouzakis match I'm not going to attempt to predict an outcome here.

Oh, probably no gas tank issues with crookham.

If teske wins rd 1 and sees Crook his best options are pry do less and steal it late. Keep position, avoid stalls, and hope Crooks does something extremely out of character.

Reactions: vhsalum
Crookham is extremely complete. Great leg attacks, elite finisher, great scrambler, and tough on top. If I had to choose any strategy, I'd try keep the pace as high as possible and hope he fades late. He's a pretty big 133 and at his first NCAA's.

Looking to Round 2, how does Teske match up with Crookham?

Russian Reaction GIF

Serious question - Do any Iowa fans post this kind of shit on the PSU board?
Not that I’ve seen. The board over there is more tightly patrolled than this one is. This is the Wild West of wresting forums. If someone were to say anything negative they get attacked and then blocked.

In all honestly most of the conversation there is also about how bad Iowa is. Half of their threads devolve into Iowa bashing within 10 posts. They make light of Hawkeye wrestlers and Iowa coaches. Once a good joke about Iowa is made they high five each other and claim that post to be post of the year. It’s a weird dynamic over there.

There are good posters over there too that will have a reasonable convo with you, but you’ll have to shift through the clowns to find them…especially if you have hawkfan in your name.

You’re a notorious poster over there. They don’t like you. Haha.

Last edited:
as others have said, he’s the total package.

teske would have to thread a needle where he has a high pace and stays in his face without shooting too much. crookham is very good from space so get your hands on him. if you do shoot, attack above the knee because his hips are funky and he has a very good rubber knee.

the kid is an absolute stud which makes teske’s draw so tough.

Crookham can be ridden. Teske needs to wrestle this match on the mat and take him into deep waters. It can be done.

Nagao rode him 2 straight minutes and got two stall points. Teske is also very good on top. The key is to escape the first period 0-0.

The guy that Crookham wrestled this morning was legally blind. Evidently Crookham had to stay engaged with him the entire time. I don't know if Crookham is a wrestle from space guy or not, but that might be a reason why the match was closer. I'd expect his A game tonight against Teske.

Reactions: Trapper85
The guy that Crookham wrestled this morning was legally blind. Evidently Crookham had to stay engaged with him the entire time. I don't know if Crookham is a wrestle from space guy or not, but that might be a reason why the match was closer. I'd expect his A game tonight against Teske.

he is very good from space. in fact that was part of my scouting report. i take check and venmo

teske would have to thread a needle where he has a high pace and stays in his face without shooting too much. crookham is very good from space so get your hands on him. if you do shoot, attack above the knee because his hips are funky and he has a very good rubber knee.

Reactions: el dub
Seriously? Thats really interesting.

and seems unfair that a guy whose advantage is wrestling from space must wrestle to the other guy's strength, which is close contact.
Seems kinda like bs that he was “forced” to wrestle in a tie. It’s collegiate athletics, best on best. Not sure why special rules need to be made to help another competitor compete.

Maybe that makes me a bad person but that’s my thought.

Seems kinda like bs that he was “forced” to wrestle in a tie. It’s collegiate athletics, best on best. Not sure why special rules need to be made to help another competitor compete.

Been that way as long as I could remember. It just does not happen very often. Maybe the fairer thing to do would be to blindfold both wrestlers, and let them have at it.

To allow everyone the opportunity to wrestle. To keep the wrestlers safe from injury. Because wrestlers are just different. How are those for reasons? :)

To allow everyone the opportunity to wrestle. To keep the wrestlers safe from injury. Because wrestlers are just different. How are those for reasons? :)
They are all perfectly reasonable but in athletics it’s best on best. Forcing someone to change what they would normally do in an athletic event to suite someone with a disability cheapens that contest in my opinion. Especially at the ncaa tournament.

They are all perfectly reasonable but in athletics it’s best on best. Forcing someone to change what they would normally do in an athletic event to suite someone with a disability cheapens that contest in my opinion. Especially at the ncaa tournament.
They also did it for Anthony Robles. Made McDonough secure two legs for a take down when he only had one leg.

They also did it for Anthony Robles. Made McDonough secure two legs for a take down when he only had one leg.
Yeah I didn’t like that either. I know I sound like an old man yelling get off my lawn but in high level athletics I’m not sure how changing rules is fair.

Reactions: blcoach80
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT