ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers up next

I have a feeling it’s going to be a nail biter.

nail_biting.jpg

According to the B1G website, in all 18 games so far, Rutgers is:
#1 in scoring defense at 58.7 ppg
#1 in FG% defense at 36.4%
#3 in scoring margin at +12.3
#3 in 3-pt FG% defense at 29.2%
#2 in rebounds at 41.5
#6 in rebounds allowed at 32.9
#4 in rebounding margin at +8.6
#4 in blocked shots per game at 4.9
#2 in steals per game at 7.0

Meanwhile, Iowa is
#1 in scoring offense at 79.9 ppg
#2 in 3-pt FG% at 36.1%
#4 in 3-pt FGs made per game at 8.3
#2 in assists per game at 18.3
#1 in assist/TO ratio at 1.5
And of course you have two of the top 8 scorers in the conference.

So this is a really intriguing matchup of strength vs. strength. Rutgers defense vs. Iowa offense. Your goal should be to score 75+, because Rutgers is going to struggle to score 70. We're not going to beat you in a shootout.

According to the B1G website, in all 18 games so far, Rutgers is:
#1 in scoring defense at 58.7 ppg
#1 in FG% defense at 36.4%
#3 in scoring margin at +12.3
#3 in 3-pt FG% defense at 29.2%
#2 in rebounds at 41.5
#6 in rebounds allowed at 32.9
#4 in rebounding margin at +8.6
#4 in blocked shots per game at 4.9
#2 in steals per game at 7.0

Meanwhile, Iowa is
#1 in scoring offense at 79.9 ppg
#2 in 3-pt FG% at 36.1%
#4 in 3-pt FGs made per game at 8.3
#2 in assists per game at 18.3
#1 in assist/TO ratio at 1.5
And of course you have two of the top 8 scorers in the conference.

So this is a really intriguing matchup of strength vs. strength. Rutgers defense vs. Iowa offense. Your goal should be to score 75+, because Rutgers is going to struggle to score 70. We're not going to beat you in a shootout.

This is a good breakdown here...

It's all good. Appreciate the apology.

first time in 41 years Rutgers is ranked, this is a huge achievement.

Wednesday night's game just got a bit more competitive.
Well, the ranking has nothing to do with that. This was going to be a competitive game regardless, like almost all the BIG conference games this season. hell, the Scarlet Knights may have had a bigger chip on their shoulders, if they had not been ranked...

Reactions: DirtyRU
Well, the ranking has nothing to do with that. This was going to be a competitive game regardless, like almost all the BIG conference games this season. hell, the Scarlet Knights may have had a bigger chip on their shoulders, if they had not been ranked...

I don't disagree with that at all.
Pikiell is hopefully keeping them grounded. I think Wednesday night is gonna be f-u-n

I don't disagree with that at all.
Pikiell is hopefully keeping them grounded. I think Wednesday night is gonna be f-u-n
Well it will be fun for one team anyway. I'll say this. This will be a totally different game then the one Iowa played in Friday against Michigan. Excellent game with great pace and flow. Even mentioned by many of the national talking heads as a great game of college bball, the way it should be played. Wednesday will be different. This will be a scrappy ugly game, If Iowa lets Rutgers make it like that. If Iowa can push the pace, and keep their flow they win by 15 to 20 points. If not it will go down to the wire. Either way, it will be a good test to prepare the Hawks for Wisconsin, who is another team that needs to muddy the game up to win on the road.....

It's all good. Appreciate the apology.

first time in 41 years Rutgers is ranked, this is a huge achievement.

Wednesday night's game just got a bit more competitive.
Not be be argumentative but exactly how did things change?
There is now a # next to the team name nothing more.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcg878 and MV9000
FYI, "hit the boards" = rebound. Johnson is a beast on the offensive boards, if the zebras ignore his shoving and coming over the back. The Rutgers wings also hit the offensive boards hard and are long. They are also good actors, and I'm sure that Luka will be targeted to draw fouls.
Only fanbase I've ever seen inventing excuses prior to the game.

Reactions: Scangg
Well it will be fun for one team anyway. I'll say this. This will be a totally different game then the one Iowa played in Friday against Michigan. Excellent game with great pace and flow. Even mentioned by many of the national talking heads as a great game of college bball, the way it should be played. Wednesday will be different. This will be a scrappy ugly game, If Iowa lets Rutgers make it like that. If Iowa can push the pace, and keep their flow they win by 15 to 20 points. If not it will go down to the wire. Either way, it will be a good test to prepare the Hawks for Wisconsin, who is another team that needs to muddy the game up to win on the road.....

I’m willing to lay a billion if you’re offering 15!!

It will be a battle for 40 minutes IMO. Hopefully Iowa ends on top. Sorry Rutgers fans, but I will root for Rutgers as long as it does not negatively impact Hawks in BIG standings in other games.

Athletes everywhere on that Rutgers squad, and confidence galore. They won’t be intimidated in any arena this year.

And imagine if Harper Jr mixed in a salad or two at training table. He’s a handful as is when he’s hot...but man he’s doughy.

Reactions: DirtyRU
Athletes everywhere on that Rutgers squad, and confidence galore. They won’t be intimidated in any arena this year.

And imagine if Harper Jr mixed in a salad or two at training table. He’s a handful as is when he’s hot...but man he’s doughy.
Harper is down 15/20 lbs. from last year. He was listed at 255 last year but admitted he was over 260. He said at the beginning of the season he was down to 245 and it looks like it too.

Reactions: Scangg
Only fanbase I've ever seen inventing excuses prior to the game.
Just calling it like I have seen it in the couple of Rutgers games I have watched this year. Their players are very physical, and it makes them a really tough team to beat, especially at home.

I’m willing to lay a billion if you’re offering 15!!
I did add the caveat, IF Iowa is able to get into their flow, and this doesn't turn into a slow down wrestling match like some BIG games do. Iowa has been one the top 5 efficency teams all season, in fact #1 for good part of the year. Rutgers like most of the BIG schools has struggled on the road. If Iowa gets this game going to their pace they'll be in the 75 to 85 point range and they'll run Rutgers or anybody out of Carver. If Rutgers is able to muddy the game like Wisky does, and they keep Iowa under 70, then it will be a close one.

I doubt their anymore athletic then Michigan, and they didn't get out with a win. Whats the plan for the Garzilla?

ADVERTISEMENT