ADVERTISEMENT

Sam Stoll accidentally shot

Should've been wearing his knee brace. Just glad he's ok. Tom's going to have him on the Carver stairs later this afternoon.

I drove by there this morning after dropping my wife off....that’s why all the cops. Shit

Reactions: el dub
You've got to be kidding me.. glad it sounds like he'll be okay (re: alive) but you've got to be freaking kidding me

Reactions: 24 so far
The article said the injury was non life threatening. If it keeps Stoll from being healthy this year, I would guess the guy who shot him may feel his life is threatened.
Dear Lord, let it be a minor injury.

Reactions: artradley
I cant wait for more details about this first off I hope he is ok second I hope it does not effect their enrollment with the university and third why do you have to go shooting people in the pinky toe dang

Last edited:
Reactions: PapaBearSLIM
I love taking pot-shots as much as the next guy, but making fun of someone getting shot (even non-life-threatening) should probably be off the table. Hope Sam recovers quickly and fully.

off the table??

one would hope, but i have zero doubt some of the hyenas on themat forum will be doing their usual crap

No details (gun type, did bullet enter joint space or bone, etc), so hard to know how serious. Also how the h*ll did that happen?

Hopefully it was superficial, which would mean a quick recovery.

But what a bummer, after all the recent great stuff happening for Iowa wrestling.

Here's hoping for a quick recovery.

I am an optimist and silver lining guy. Hopefully Sam has a very minor injury and makes a full recovery and is back this year. If he can’t make it back this year, I would sure hope he could get a medical 6th year, make a full recovery and be part of the 2020 National Championship team!

Reactions: funnyfletcher
The cesspool is on fire today.

“A guy got shot.”

“Is he dead?”

“No.”

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”

“I know, right.”

Reactions: so cal hawkfan
I love taking pot-shots as much as the next guy, but making fun of someone getting shot (even non-life-threatening) should probably be off the table. Hope Sam recovers quickly and fully.
Oh I don’t know. Once he gets better (my mouth to god’s ears), jokes can be ok. Just ask Greg lemond. Or Harry Whittington.

Does this incident clear the path for Murin? Hopefully they don't throw the book at Turk if he was the shooter. Is it possible the coaches new this would happen and brought in JR and AD to fill the void this year?

Nothing good ever happens after 1:00 a.m. This could have been even more tragic, it's a good thing he didn't imitate John Eric Hexum, whom I still think about from time to time, a senseless tragedy. Here a Lion's fan who hopes for the best and a full recovery, that is after Terry takes him to the wood shed after he heals. If not I think Cass is a real stud and other than an unfortunate burning of his shirt, your team should not miss a beat next year.

Last edited:
From University website:

What are the University of Iowa’s consequences for weapon disciplinary charges?
Students who violate the university’s weapons policy can face sanctions including fines, non-academic probation, suspension and up to expulsion from the University. Students accused of violations will receive notice of the violation that includes instructions for how to contest the violation.

From University website:

What are the University of Iowa’s consequences for weapon disciplinary charges?
Students who violate the university’s weapons policy can face sanctions including fines, non-academic probation, suspension and up to expulsion from the University. Students accused of violations will receive notice of the violation that includes instructions for how to contest the violation.

Most likely they live off campus; so not sure how that applies.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT