ADVERTISEMENT

Sat near Kirk, Phil and some Defensive Recruits at Iowa RIver Power on Friday night.....

I think Mac even showed up. Any idea what recruits are in town this weekend?
Not sure which recruits were in town, but Cade was seen working out.

napoleon-dynamite-uncle-rico.gif

I'm speculating that one was Nile Jackson (LB, grad portal) from VA; since it's been reported he would be here this weekend.

Another site also reported:

LATEST HEADLINE​

Previewing Leeper's visit to Iowa City.

1/28/2023Previewing Leeper's visit to Iowa City....More
Grant Leeper, Ft Wayne IN, TE, 6'6", 215 lbs, also recruited by WF, Army, Ball State, UConn (?)

Last edited:
I'm speculating that one was Nile Jackson (LB, grad portal) from VA; since it's been reported he would be here this weekend.

Another site also reported:

LATEST HEADLINE​

Previewing Leeper's visit to Iowa City. 's visit to Iowa City.

1/28/2023Previewing Leeper's visit to Iowa City....More
Grant Leeper, Ft Wayne IN, TE, 6'6", 215 lbs, also recruited by WF, Army, Ball State, UConn (?)
Nick Jackson

I’m surprised they were there. IRP was the place to go in the 90s, but has really plummeted. Used to be near impossible to get into on a football weekend. Last (and final) time I went after the homecoming game the place was less than half full. Maybe because the food wasn’t so good.

Cmon where’s the photos you took cause we know you did.

I wanted to. But we were so close I didn't want to be creepy. Also, Kirk's secretary was there and we we were warned by the wait staff that she is a bulldog and would call anyone out.

Reactions: Torg
I’m surprised they were there. IRP was the place to go in the 90s, but has really plummeted. Used to be near impossible to get into on a football weekend. Last (and final) time I went after the homecoming game the place was less than half full. Maybe because the food wasn’t so good.

It was CRAZY dead. We could not believe it. They staff said the Iowa coaches and recruits always come. And let tell you....they were treated like royalty. Our food was good........but WOWSER on the bill!!!!

Yeah I saw Kirk and a bunch of recruits there one night about 5 years ago. Guessing that’s just where they take recruits. Big enough place and they get treated well

Yeah I saw Kirk and a bunch of recruits there one night about 5 years ago. Guessing that’s just where they take recruits. Big enough place and they get treated well
You’d think they would take recruits to Joseph’s for the best meal in town or cater into the football complex with them.

You’d think they would take recruits to Joseph’s for the best meal in town or cater into the football complex with them.
Really...that's your beef? No pun intended.
Yah right, dine in. That'll give the recruits a real "flavor" of our town.

It was packed after that wisco game

Ferentz should either partner with IRP to update aesthetically, along with the menu or open his own steak and seafood place as a venture to be used in conjunction with the football and possibly entire athletic department with the proper foods they need to feed these athletes year round to help get them what they need to be at their best.

Ferentz should either partner with IRP to update aesthetically, along with the menu or open his own steak and seafood place as a venture to be used in conjunction with the football and possibly entire athletic department with the proper foods they need to feed these athletes year round to help get them what they need to be at their best.
like a training table?

And then have to listen to the 'why does he need to take money away from local businesses, he has enough' and 'he isn't focusing on football' and on and on :p

New plans for Iowa river. Big renovation. Will be spectacular. 2 year redo.

Reactions: BonzoFury
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT