ADVERTISEMENT

Sausages

ThorneStockton

HR Legend
Oct 2, 2009
Polish sausage, hot mustard, sport peppers, pretzel bun.

Very tasty.

VoDuFKe.jpeg

I saw something this morning I've never heard of or tried before. Pretty simple to make. I was mowing my yard and my neighbor was cooking breakfast on his deck/grille/griddle and after I finished up I stopped over to say hello.

He had polish kielbasa, he said they were Johnsonville's. He was eating them in a bun that was a piece of Texas Toast made French toast style, then buttered it.

Then he was dipping them in maple syrup. So, more or less eating them brat-style - but dipping them so the "bun" wouldn't get saturated and come apart.

I'd never seen that before.

Dang, you’re killing me ovah heah. I really like a sweet Italian sausage, to go with whatever…
Since January 31 I have dealing with this bitch. Turkey or chicken is my sausage of choice now.

AGS reactions can be different from person-to-person. They can range from mild to severe or even life-threatening. Anaphylaxis (a potentially life-threatening reaction involving multiple organ systems) may need urgent medical are.

He had polish kielbasa, he said they were Johnsonville's. He was eating them in a bun that was a piece of Texas Toast made French toast style, then buttered it.

Then he was dipping them in maple syrup. So, more or less eating them brat-style - but dipping them so the "bun" wouldn't get saturated and come apart.

That sounds like a 5-star McGriddle.

Wood.

200w.gif

Costco carries Teton Waters grass fed beef sausages. Pretty high quality sausage that tastes great.

McGriddles are the worst fast food item ever invented and syrup touching anything besides pancakes, waffles, or French toast ruins the other food. A brat needs sauerkraut, mustard, ketchup, and some diced onion.
Correct conclusion but erroneous reasoning. Syrup with sausage is awesome. Syrup with eggs is nasty. That is why McGriddles are gross.

McGriddles are the worst fast food item ever invented and syrup touching anything besides pancakes, waffles, or French toast ruins the other food. A brat needs sauerkraut, mustard, ketchup, and some diced onion.
I don’t like it when people make demands of how other people eat food… but this is the correct take. My only feedback is maybe it should be angrier

I may add “what do you think of McGriddles” on my list of questions for interviews. It’d be a good way to identify potential criminals

I saw something this morning I've never heard of or tried before. Pretty simple to make. I was mowing my yard and my neighbor was cooking breakfast on his deck/grille/griddle and after I finished up I stopped over to say hello.

Was probably drinking Bud Light too. Amirite?

Dude, what’s your fvcking problem, man? Coming on here with all this bullshit. You need to rethink some shit.

To me, best easily available sausage is the fresh Italian sausage at The Fresh Market. Always delicious.

There are definitely some individual meat markets that make their own that is better, but not so much around Atlanta. I've tried a bunch, and The Fresh Market sausage is better than 80% of them, so I've stopped wasting my time and money trying them out. There was one meat market whose sausage was definitely better, but its about 45 minutes away, and it wasn't 90 minute round trip better.

Best way to eat it...grill it up, melt provolone on it, wrap it in 2-3 slices of hot capicola, put it in a crusty sausage roll and top with peppers, onions and mustard.

Pickled pepper, similar to a serrano in heat. I basically only use them on dogs and sausages, they add nice heat and brinyness. They're popular where I live and used on the classic Chicago dog. Can get a jar like this for ~$5-6 in grocery stores.

060014_SportPeppers_800x600__46377.1684261327.png
Noice. I have likely had them when around Chicago, Milwaukee, etc… but never heard that moniker. Don’t think anybody Carrie’s them near me, but Imma be on the lookout.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThorneStockton
About as low effort as you can get, but still quite tasty.

Hot Italian sausage, hot giardiniera.

PXL-20230606-003645911.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT