ADVERTISEMENT

School vouchers scam update

giphy.gif

Nope. The stars behind the legislation made sure there could be zero oversight or auditing done on these funds.
You can't have audits, then the rubes in rural Iowa would realize how hard they are getting corn holed. Keep them stupid and in the dark, and keep telling them they are saving children from the trans groomers in the teachers union.

They’d get the same ‘voucher money’ if they sent their kid to public school.
The government pays to educate our children. All of them. As they should.
When private schools have to take every kid (no matter the expense), are subject to timely fillings of state reports, and must conduct an audit at their own expense that is made readily available to the public then your statement would hold water.

But of course you love to proudly rub it in our faces that none of that occurs.

When private schools have to take every kid (no matter the expense), are subject to timely fillings of state reports, and must conduct an audit at their own expense that is made readily available to the public then your statement would hold water.

But of course you love to proudly rub it in our faces that none of that occurs.
Private schools should never ever be required to take every kid.

How are those private school builds going in bumphuck Ioway? I’ve been told they’re going to pop up everywhere. Foundations in yet? Important to get that done as they can take advantage of the summer building season.

Anybody got a count?

Reactions: lucas80
I have said it before and I will say it again. My wife and I sent our kids to our local Catholic Grade school and were thrilled with their experience. But.......we CHOSE that path and I don't feel it is right to ask someone else to use THEIR tax dollars towards OUR decision. It is just that simple.

And on the same point, I am PISSED AS HELL that so many people are getting their student loan debt TRANSFERED to the rest of us. College is a freaking choice. You want to go to college? Great...you pay your freaking bill!

Both these things are wrong!

How are those private school builds going in bumphuck Ioway? I’ve been told they’re going to pop up everywhere. Foundations in yet? Important to get that done as they can take advantage of the summer building season.

Anybody got a count?
The next one built will make the total...1.

So far, the only thing we've seen is private schools raising tuition.

I have said it before and I will say it again. My wife and I sent our kids to our local Catholic Grade school and were thrilled with their experience. But.......we CHOSE that path and I don't feel it is right to ask someone else to use THEIR tax dollars towards OUR decision. It is just that simple.

And on the same point, I am PISSED AS HELL that so many people are getting their student loan debt TRANSFERED to the rest of us. College is a freaking choice. You want to go to college? Great...you pay your freaking bill!

Both these things are wrong!
The libs on this board are all in 100% on transferring college student loan debt to the rest of us. Yet they squirm like worms at the thought of a parent having school choice.

The libs on this board are all in 100% on transferring college student loan debt to the rest of us. Yet they squirm like worms at the thought of a parent having school choice.
Libs continue to think they are smarter with your money than you are. Continue to reward the impoverished and prey on their votes. Rinse and repeat.

Reactions: Hawkman34
If public school teachers would just teach their field of study. Then this wouldn’t be happening. A chemistry teacher shouldn’t be teaching about seizing the means of production and Che Guevara.
THAT'S RIGHT HITMAN!!!!!! YOU ARE ON THE MONEY WITH THAT KILL SHOT!!!!!! THESE TEACHAHS ARE ALL ABOUT INDOCTRINATION AND PUSHING BERNIE SANDAHS AND DA SQUAD ON OUR KIDS!!!!!!!! WE ALL KNOW DA CHEMISTRY TEACHERS ARE TEACHING TRANS AND DA SPANISH TEACHERS ARE HIDING ILLEGALS!!!!!!! THEY ARE THE REASON WE NEEDED VOUCHAHS IN IOWA!!!!!!! IT'S SO AWESOME HOW MY BRUH DA HAWKEYE HITMAN IS ALWAYS OWNING YOU LOONY LIBS!!!!!!!!!

Two points, and I fully recognize that I am unlikely to change any opinions, but:
1. $1.3 million is 0.67% of the proposed budget for the district.
2. Do we know how much their student population changed as a result of the ESA? Johnson County had 572 approved ESA applications. The Iowa City school district has roughly 14,000 students. If we assume that half of the county's ESA applications were for students in the Iowa City school district, that would be a roughly 2% decline in their student population. You would expect some decline in expenses if you are responsible for educating several hundred fewer students than the previous year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT