ADVERTISEMENT

What’s the scam here?

dgordo

HR Legend
Nov 15, 2001
Chicago
Help me out, we recently moved into a new home and set up internet service through Xfinity. I get an email today that is service is being canceled. Shortly after I get a call to confirm we want to cancel. I say no. They say someone called today to set up service because they are moving in next week.

What’s the scam here?

Sounds like something Professor Chaos would do

SP-PCGSV-100011-RO_800x.png

Help me out, we recently moved into a new home and set up internet service through Xfinity. I get an email today that is service is being canceled. Shortly after I get a call to confirm we want to cancel. I say no. They say someone called today to set up service because they are moving in next week.

What’s the scam here?

I'd recommend you call Xfinity and ask them whatsup.

Tough one, because it wasn't the standard urge for you to do something. If it was identity theft it's weird that someone would go the route of setting up internet service. This could be standard Xfinity bungling.

Tough one, because it wasn't the standard urge for you to do something. If it was identity theft it's weird that someone would go the route of setting up internet service. This could be standard Xfinity bungling.

i was wondering if they just got the address wrong.

Reactions: BrianNole777
i was wondering if they just got the address wrong.
Post your address here along with your account number and relevant payment information. I'll look into it for you.
Side note, years ago my phone and internet stopped working. I called CenturyLink on my cell and they couldn't see an outage. It was a Friday and they couldn't do anything until Tuesday they said. The guy comes out, piddles around for 5 minutes, then knocks on my door and apologizes. Another tech (He said), had been shutting off another customer's service and flipped the switch on mine. Then, it happened again a month later, but they actually sent someone out the same day.

Reactions: dgordo

What’s the scam here?
Not sure. My company has been getting a lot more scam things also.

We have someone who works at a Bank and part times for us, she says her bank is going through the same thing.

Seems the scammers are out to play.

What’s the scam here?
Has your wife's lawyer served papers yet?

Reactions: dgordo

What’s the scam here?
Could be just a coincidence, but Mrs. Gordo has been demanding cock for infinity.

I don't want to alarm you, but if Xfinity won't let you talk about your OWN account, someone is impersonating you or has become the contact on your account.

Basically, you may have an identity theft situation on your hands. What's worse is, I'd also be worried about anything else to do with say your mortgage, utilities, etc.

You got some phone calls to make first thing tomorrow morning. Protect yourself.

Post your address here along with your account number and relevant payment information. I'll look into it for you.
Side note, years ago my phone and internet stopped working. I called CenturyLink on my cell and they couldn't see an outage. It was a Friday and they couldn't do anything until Tuesday they said. The guy comes out, piddles around for 5 minutes, then knocks on my door and apologizes. Another tech (He said), had been shutting off another customer's service and flipped the switch on mine. Then, it happened again a month later, but they actually sent someone out the same day.
Same thing happened to me up at our summer home. Anew guy cut some wires at a post station a couple miles down the road> It was raining, and he was in a hurry to get out of the rain. Guy came from 50 miles away the next day to redo what the first guy did. Took him 3 hrs in the rain to fix it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT