ADVERTISEMENT

Scrimmage today and exhibition in one week

No JBo is concerning to say the least. Have not heard a thing about any injury there...

Garza Having a great game is surprising considering his surgery. I guess Fran saying he came back like he hadn't missed a beat wasn't Fran hyperbole. Good to hear!

No news on anyone else is a bother. Dangit. I suppose we will just have to wait until Friday's game!

Any TV, internet or otherwise for this exhibition game??

I thought I saw that it’s on BTN+

Reactions: hawkeyeguy69
Curious on JBo being out. If he is having issues, why not just announce it?? We will find out about it Friday anyhow, right?

Not like holding out info on JBo from U of Missouri KC would really change some scouting worries... We'd be in trouble if so

No JBo is concerning to say the least. Have not heard a thing about any injury there...

Garza Having a great game is surprising considering his surgery. I guess Fran saying he came back like he hadn't missed a beat wasn't Fran hyperbole. Good to hear!

No news on anyone else is a bother. Dangit. I suppose we will just have to wait until Friday's game!

Any TV, internet or otherwise for this exhibition game??

Reactions: SDHawkDoc
Can anyone report any details? I am especially curious about why JBo sat out and what rotations were being used. Thanks.

No update on Bohannon but Todd Brommelkamp did tweet this earlier this morning, “I’m told Missouri outscored Iowa 40-30 in first part of scrimmage. Hawkeyes won final 10 minutes 19-18.”

Reactions: iabcuda
I don’t remember that much trash talking, especially given that DanL was the only one left defending (odd choice of words) the Hawks play. I know I had slunk back into a corner with my Old Grandad way before then.

You’re probably correct about DanL. I mostly skim over the”catfights” on here.

Can anyone report any details? I am especially curious about why JBo sat out and what rotations were being used. Thanks.

No one will know anything with any degree of certainty until Fran's next media availability or if the university issues some sort of official announcement. If it's minor in nature then they probably thought it best to just wait until whenever Fran next talks to media.

I think he and hawk-i-bob committed seppuku last January after repeatedly trashing anybody who were even remotely concerned about the play from the team.
They didn't trash people and were much better contributors than any of you idiot clown fans.

Exactly correct....you didn’t have to agree with them but they are both very knowledgeable and good posters....they raised the quality of the discussions.

Agree, forgot about Hawk-i-bob, he was definitely tamed and constructive too like DanL. Need of them and new fans for more positive discussions for the new BB year.

Q: When is the best time to troll a fan base?

A: It’s always a good idea to troll after a base has suffered a big loss, like the the penn state game. They’re testy.

I hope DanL comes back, but he definitely attacked posters that didn't agree with him.

I think a thread that frames DanL's posts was taking umbrage with fans of other teams who had pessimistic outlooks on the Hawks.

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/early-b10-power-rankings-wow.196423/

We will revisit all this in March.
109 DanL53, Jul 21, 2017

Or! Option B. We watch the 2017/18 season and after that we have a little revisit with these rational experts who root for other teams.
DanL53, Jul 22, 2017

Then he seems to have gone radio silent after January 5th. Hope nothing ill has happened to him.

DanL53
HR Legend

Profile Page Follow Ignore
Sep 12, 2013

DanL53 was last seen:

Jan 5, 2018

No update on Bohannon but Todd Brommelkamp did tweet this earlier this morning, “I’m told Missouri outscored Iowa 40-30 in first part of scrimmage. Hawkeyes won final 10 minutes 19-18.”
And then he said, "so 15 points sounds about right".
Well, I don't know how they do math in Misery, but that would be a 9 point margin where I went to school. :)

Reactions: GT Hawkaholic
From what I heard they played 7 different segments. Iowa won 4, Missouri won 2 and they tied 1. Missouri did win their two segments by 10 points each so the 15 point margin might be right. They didn't play two halves like some schools so it was a little different. Example, segment of zone, segment of pressing and so on.

From what I heard they played 7 different segments. Iowa won 4, Missouri won 2 and they tied 1. Missouri did win their two segments by 10 points each so the 15 point margin might be right. They didn't play two halves like some schools so it was a little different. Example, segment of zone, segment of pressing and so on.
Is Mizzou any good this year?

Agree, forgot about Hawk-i-bob, he was definitely tamed and constructive too like DanL. Need of them and new fans for more positive discussions for the new BB year.

Read most of the threads either here or on the football board...much of the time it’s not worth reading let alone posting. The same tired arguments amongst the same tired fans. Iowa fans complaining about ISU/Nebraska fans obsessing about Iowa while at the same time obsessing about ISU/Nebraska. Good luck drawing in new posters. There is just too much bullshit to wade through.

I doubt the defense is going to be a strength this year. I think we just need to make strides. My guess is there will be some improvement and our win totals will increase. But there will also be some moments where it appears we are still lost on that end of the floor.

Its in there BIG pre season rankings.@BHGP

I looked at that......it's a statement with zero supporting information....I question if the statement was in jest (that guy is really good at that stuff) because he can't really know...can he? Our own Tom Kakert's article would suggest there is room for optimism. Tom is usually pretty thoughtful in making his comments.

I'm wondering how BHGP has this insight?

He just mentions in his Big 10 power rankings that they need to play defense to be better, and since they didn't do that in the scrimmage against Missouri, he's put them at 11. No idea what that is based on. Could be true or just an assumption.

As to whether Iowa will be "improved" on defense, this year, they almost couldn't be worse. But I am skeptical as to whether they will be good, since our coach openly admitted pre-season that he's an offensive coach and has had the mentality that they will outscore teams. To be good at defense, you have to be committed to it. Guys have to sit on the bench if they can't/won't play defense. Infusing that culture in one off-season is a tough hill to get up.

I looked at that......it's a statement with zero supporting information....I question if the statement was in jest (that guy is really good at that stuff) because he can't really know...can he? Our own Tom Kakert's article would suggest there is room for optimism. Tom is usually pretty thoughtful in making his comments.
Well the good new is we shall see.

Read most of the threads either here or on the football board...much of the time it’s not worth reading let alone posting. The same tired arguments amongst the same tired fans. Iowa fans complaining about ISU/Nebraska fans obsessing about Iowa while at the same time obsessing about ISU/Nebraska. Good luck drawing in new posters. There is just too much bullshit to wade through.
Hawkibob often knew a lot more about recruiting than most, and still leaves a few tidbits now and then. DanL was very passionate, which sometimes led to protracted posts and arguments with those knocking the Hawks. Except for those long arguments, both were good to have on the board.

Hawkibob often knew a lot more about recruiting than most, and still leaves a few tidbits now and then. DanL was very passionate, which sometimes led to protracted posts and arguments with those knocking the Hawks. Except for those long arguments, both were good to have on the board.

Hawk-i bob can get a bit cantankerous at times, or even vituperous with fans from other teams posting crap here,

we should thank him ''' then go tell him to screw off.
hawk-i bob, Jul 18, 2017

here's one for you..go the F away...maybe you can go play footsy with your big brothers in the green/white.
hawk-i bob, Jul 21, 2017

what a tool...
hawk-i bob, Jul 21, 2017

but I respect that he does it on his own team's board and I haven't seen it on any other boards. He is still posting, but haven't seen DanL recently. FYI - yes I am a Cyclone fan but grew up closer to Iowa City and have a daughter in school there who has played club sports so follow here too.

SEC media has picked them to finish 9th in the conference this season, but that was before Jontay Parker tore up his knee and was lost for the season. Probably closer to 11th or 12th now if they voted again.

Legend12 means Porter not Parker

Reactions: Raptorpeeps
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT