ADVERTISEMENT

Sealey to PSU…

I am in no way making a comment on the younger Ferrari. I was trying to respond to a comment about how times have changed. Someone posted about Alger's fights and I was just saying that some of the Hawks (as probably most of us did) of the past did things that would get them in jail now and it never even made a headline came to light.
I do not know if I really had a point as to how it relates to the current team. As far as I can tell TnT run a program that from a social perspective is nothing like the teams of the late 70's and early 80's.
Personally, I do not think I would want Ferrari on my team and I doubt many teams will take a chance on him. We will see how it turns out.
I lost track of where the various comments were coming from….. apologies if I I was unfair in my response….. I’m not a fan of getting off topic on here….. other forums I’m all in but we have standards in the cesspool

I am in no way making a comment on the younger Ferrari. I was trying to respond to a comment about how times have changed. Someone posted about Alger's fights and I was just saying that some of the Hawks (as probably most of us did) of the past did things that would get them in jail now and it never even made a headline came to light.
I do not know if I really had a point as to how it relates to the current team. As far as I can tell TnT run a program that from a social perspective is nothing like the teams of the late 70's and early 80's.
Personally, I do not think I would want Ferrari on my team and I doubt many teams will take a chance on him. We will see how it turns out.
I’ll say this, if there ever was or is an environment for him to thrive as a human being AND a student athlete…. It’s Iowa City.

Just out of curiosity, if grabbing a girl's breasts in public and punching her in the face isn't serious, what would you call it?
Stop trying to stir the Sh*t , he clearly stated he would never condone behavior like this. The fact is the woke BS that society has been indoctrinated with nowadays will drive a heck of a lot more violence then it does good. I’m so sorry your feelings may be hurt by his statements, but you can suck it up buttercups and get over yourselves.

As far as the younger Ferrari kid, has he done anything to not treat him like a top recruit? To say the kid is not worth a look because of what his brother did or because his father is a tool is ridiculous.

murderers are getting out of jail on a daily basis in these cities with cashless bail and woke ism only to commit more crime or worse. You guys are going to tell me that you would not even consider a young athlete that not only can make a name for himself but possibly bring his family name out of the gutter, I’m sorry I don’t agree. If there is a place that he could strive and possibly humble his family it’s Iowa.

He is absolutely worth the effort of going through the recruiting process!!! Until HE gives a reason for us not to…

Last edited:
With all due respect ADS is still less than 1 year from running into the stands and threatening a teammates Dad for cheering against him, which also was less than a year from being withheld from team photos and celebrations at NCAAs for threatening a floor worker. Not to mention his in season blow up against MN that resulted in an in season reprimand and subsequent waste of a year of Schreiber's eligibility.

His perceived turn around is a bit overblown.
OptionalBrain should be your handle.

Stop trying to stir the Sh*t , he clearly stated he would never condone behavior like this. The fact is the woke BS that society has been indoctrinated with nowadays will drive a heck of a lot more violence then it does good. I’m so sorry your feelings may be hurt by his statements, but you can suck it up buttercups and get over yourselves.

As far as the younger Ferrari kid, has he done anything to not treat him like a top recruit? To say the kid is not worth a look because of what his brother did or because his father is a tool is ridiculous.

murderers are getting out of jail on a daily basis in these cities with cashless bail and woke ism only to commit more crime or worse. You guys are going to tell me that you would not even consider a young athlete that not only can make a name for himself but possibly bring his family name out of the gutter, I’m sorry I don’t agree. If there is a place that he could strive and possibly humble his family it’s Iowa.

He is absolutely worth the effort of going through the recruiting process!!! Until HE gives a reason for us not to…
Wow. Just.wow.

The Ferrari family is toxic garbage. The younger brother in question might be a stand up guy, but the family is radioactive. Avoid at all costs.

Reactions: el dub

I agree Grip. If he buys into the program and fits in with the team he’s a talent worth looking at. I don’t want to judge a kid based on the actions of his father or brother. Doesn’t seem fair to me, and I’m sure most would agree with that. He’d be on a short leash and he’d know that. I don’t see this as being a complicated discussion.

Wow. Just.wow.
Yeah well I live in NY not NYC, but the major cities are failing in a big way and Anyone that does not see it is blinded. As far as the Ferrari kid goes, I think AJ is an absolute disgrace to the singlet and should get what he deserves. His brother could be different in the right setting surrounded by the correct people, we don’t know.

Regarding FS, here's snapshot of where things are today...

NLWC has nationally ranked FS guys:

57kg - #1
61 - 5
65 - 4,7
70 - 1
74 - 1,2
79 - 3
86 - 1, 3
92 -
97 - 1
125 -

6 of those are ranked in the top 10 in the world. This doesn't include guys that used to be in NLWC but left, being unable to break through - Megaludis, Joseph, Hall.

HWC has 2 nationally ranked guys:

65 kg - #9 Lugo
125 - 5 Cass

No one in HWC is ranked in top 20 world wide.

Hoping things pick up with the new facility, but right now, we are waaayyy behind NLWC. And their endowment was something like 10x that of the HWC.

Yeah well I live in NY not NYC, but the major cities are failing in a big way and Anyone that does not see it is blinded. As far as the Ferrari kid goes, I think AJ is an absolute disgrace to the singlet and should get what he deserves. His brother could be different in the right setting surrounded by the correct people, we don’t know.
You might need to turn off the TV for a minute, brah. Really…..

TnT are 1 for 3 in taking in problem student/athletes. ADS was a smashing success. PD3 and Teasdale not so much. I would not say PD3 or Teasdale were black eyes to the program or hurt the image of the Hawks in any way. I personally think that TnT do not want the drama that will come with a Ferrari.
It will be fascinating to see how this all plays out with little Ferrari- or for that matter the middle one. Things have been awful quiet on the recruiting front for those kids and the wrestling front also. Wen you think about a returning D1 champ being in the portal and no one has picked him up, it has to tell you that the coaches know things we do not.

TnT are 1 for 3 in taking in problem student/athletes. ADS was a smashing success. PD3 and Teasdale not so much. I would not say PD3 or Teasdale were black eyes to the program or hurt the image of the Hawks in any way. I personally think that TnT do not want the drama that will come with a Ferrari.
It will be fascinating to see how this all plays out with little Ferrari- or for that matter the middle one. Things have been awful quiet on the recruiting front for those kids and the wrestling front also. Wen you think about a returning D1 champ being in the portal and no one has picked him up, it has to tell you that the coaches know things we do not.

I agree with everything but the coaches NEEDING more info than what’s available in public record to make that call.

I’m guessing most at least want to see how the legal aspects play out before committing to Albert.

The Ferrari family is toxic garbage. The younger brother in question might be a stand up guy, but the family is radioactive. Avoid at all costs.
I agree with the fact that this family has some major issues and crazy enough as it seems they probably don’t think they do. I stand by what I said about at least giving the younger brother a chance to prove himself, that said I would be cringing at the site of his father being in the crowd in Hawkeye gear.

Last edited:
The returning champ can rot in a Jail cell for all I care if he is guilty. The discussion is not about him, and I don’t think Teasdale or pd3 have anything to do with this call.

There have been others. Some work out, some don't. I wasn't a big fan of bringing Montell Marion but he turned out just fine.

Reactions: natchrlman
Back to Sealy. Will he even be a starter until he’s a Jr. he’ll have to beat out Haines, Fucnado (SP.), Van Ness or Brooks

Or, he could become the Brody Grothus of PSU?

Reactions: TarpHawk
Back to Sealy. Will he even be a starter until he’s a Jr. he’ll have to beat out Haines, Fucnado (SP.), Van Ness or Brooks

Or, he could become the Brody Grothus of PSU?

No problem ... one top 10 guy can always be benched for another top 10 guy. PSU has ample experience with that.

good thing didn't take andrew long, would have screwed up the average

The youngest smashed sealy and dominated the best weight class in the country. Sealy wasn’t even close…
Yes, that's why I said he's arguably a better prospect than a guy who was a true freshman national champ. Just don't know if he behaves similarly to big bro.

Back to some recruiting outside the Ferrari family.

If I’m the Iowa coaching staff, I’m still recruiting 197 hard. There’s a nice stable of JR’s and one SO all uncommitted. Cody Merrill has been brought up before. Jude Correa who just won Super 32’s. @ao_coachphil, you working on that one? ;) Aeodin Sinclair is also exciting to watch.

This reminds me of my favorite song.

🎶Cash bail is a scam that punishes poor people for being poor without being convicted of anything in an effort to force them to take plea deals even if the state doesn't have a case🎶

No problem ... one top 10 guy can always be benched for another top 10 guy. PSU has ample experience with that.
Well, sometimes iron sharpens iron such that the once relatively sharper iron is no longer so.

The grayshirts, redshirts, and Olympic redshirts to be had among many of that group will probably help along with NIL and the potential to become a resident athlete at the NLWC.

Does anybody know whether and what kind of NIL rules might apply to a HSer on grayshirt who is eligible to train with the NLWC?

Didn't PA move to allow NIL for HSers?

Where does Iowa stand on HS NIL?

Reactions: el dub and IRONBIRD
good thing didn't take andrew long, would have screwed up the average
In recruiting, there's clearly a balance to be struck between talent and character ("character" also encompassing family). You want to win, you don't want drama, you don't want bad press.

Tom & Terry tend to be more along the spectrum of black-and-white thinkers, which is sometimes to their benefit and sometimes not. I do think we've limited our recruiting based on character. But that's their prerogative, and they know the dynamic in the room.

I'd take on more risk in that area because the upside is so high. Re the '80s, yeah, I'd love a Penrith, a Lewis, an Alger, and a Chiapparelli. I'd absolutely have a conversation with little Ferrari. But it's easy to drive from the backseat.

In recruiting, there's clearly a balance to be struck between talent and character ("character" also encompassing family). You want to win, you don't want drama, you don't want bad press.

Tom & Terry tend to be more along the spectrum of black-and-white thinkers, which is sometimes to their benefit and sometimes not. I do think we've limited our recruiting based on character. But that's their prerogative, and they know the dynamic in the room.

I'd take on more risk in that area because the upside is so high. Re the '80s, yeah, I'd love a Penrith, a Lewis, an Alger, and a Chiapparelli. I'd absolutely have a conversation with little Ferrari. But it's easy to drive from the backseat.
That black and white comment is right on, imo.

Limited recruiting based on a specific brand of character, imo, or maybe against a specific brand not universally seen as bad..

Damn good post….. the only thing I’d say is there are differing degrees of character flaws and the biggest difference between now and the 80’s is the internet exposure these guys get now

and often people connected to them ie Ferrari’s dad……we’ll see if TnT pursues younger brother and I trust they’ll do what’s best for the program

From what I’ve seen maybe TnT could be exactly what the kid needs

Damn good post….. the only thing I’d say is there are differing degrees of character flaws and the biggest difference between now and the 80’s is the internet exposure these guys get now

and often people connected to them ie Ferrari’s dad……we’ll see if TnT pursues younger brother and I trust they’ll do what’s best for the program

From what I’ve seen maybe TnT could be exactly what the kid needs
There was a post online where the younger Ferrari directly tagged Morningstar. That leads me to believe there is some sort of communication with Iowa.

You think Lee, Woods, Warner, and Cassioppi in the finals with a chance to win is not a possible, if not a realistic outcome?
Warner and Cass are not given finalists, both have the potential but it will come down to seeding if they are finalists. Warner is always a question on if he shows up offensively (winning by defense usually doesn't work). Cass hopefully gets AZ and Kerk on the other side. Cass hasn't ever squared off against Schultz has he?

Reactions: Inthecircle
Warner and Cass are not given finalists, both have the potential but it will come down to seeding if they are finalists. Warner is always a question on if he shows up offensively (winning by defense usually doesn't work). Cass hopefully gets AZ and Kerk on the other side. Cass hasn't ever squared off against Schultz has he?
Cass beat Schultz twice at 2021 NCAAs, 4-1 in the quarters and then 5-0 for 3rd place

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT