ADVERTISEMENT

Second Transfer Portal Opens April 15

Can't believe with texas am having 26 players in the portal so far we didn't end up with 1 just by sheer numbers alone.

ActiveWhoppingJabiru-size_restricted.gif

So, I guess we can assume Kirk won’t be adding any additional talent from the portal this year?
Just listened to Kakert’s pod, sounds like a DB from Rhode Island is a possibility. But no WRs are “percolating”. And sounds like they’re looking for the “right fit” which is ridiculous at this point. Henning might not be a “fit”. FFS show some flipping awareness.

maybe just maybe they have NIL money to use. plus they actually have openings to fill. in the past there was no NIL and very few openings to fill.

Just listened to Kakert’s pod, sounds like a DB from Rhode Island is a possibility. But no WRs are “percolating”. And sounds like they’re looking for the “right fit” which is ridiculous at this point. Henning might not be a “fit”. FFS show some flipping awareness.
Eickholt stated they are trying to get Carter in for a visit.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
The Iowa coaches (no matter which sport) are clueless when it comes to the portal. Sure we have gotten a handful of transfers, but we are far behind other schools. And for those who say it is hard to get transfers, I say BS. A lot of schools with far less in NIL money or history of winning are getting a lot of players.

I'm not saying I want to see us go hog wild like some schools, but it is completely on our coaches when we don't address our needs. Our FB, MBB and WBB coaches have to get into the 21st century and new transfer rules. Iowa doesn't have a huge NIL fund, but we have more than some of the schools getting transfers.

I have supported our coaches, but their complete lack of adapting to the new reality (whether we like it or not) is disappointing.

The Iowa coaches (no matter which sport) are clueless when it comes to the portal. Sure we have gotten a handful of transfers, but we are far behind other schools. And for those who say it is hard to get transfers, I say BS. A lot of schools with far less in NIL money or history of winning are getting a lot of players.

I'm not saying I want to see us go hog wild like some schools, but it is completely on our coaches when we don't address our needs. Our FB, MBB and WBB coaches have to get into the 21st century and new transfer rules. Iowa doesn't have a huge NIL fund, but we have more than some of the schools getting transfers.

I have supported our coaches, but their complete lack of adapting to the new reality (whether we like it or not) is disappointing.
If they don’t get at minimum one WR, it’s another piece of evidence for coaching malpractice.

Devos, from ISU is in the portal now.
DT might not be biggest need, but 4* rfr could fill a need in 2yr when Graves drafted top 10.

I agree that a WR stud would be nice to have in this round of the portal, but doubt they'll be many.
Eating some very delicious crow this morning.

Now if we can maybe add that DB from RI or another OL, I think we can give this round of the portal an A++

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT