ADVERTISEMENT

Senior Nationals

comment1283

Team MVP
Feb 26, 2019
USAW has finally released the names of the registrants for Senior Nationals, and it appears as of right now Spencer is registered, along with other HWC members noted below:

65kg:
Desanto, Lugo, Eierman
74Kg:
Marinelli, Moody
97kg:
Warner

Surprised to see no Cass, Spencer I’m not too surprised about as timing wise there was nothing really for the month of December over seas. Hoping he can find a tourny for January/Feb internationally

I obtained the list from Basch’s rokfin:

USAW has finally released the names of the registrants for Senior Nationals, and it appears as of right now Spencer is registered, along with other HWC members noted below:

65kg:
Desanto, Lugo, Eierman
74Kg:
Marinelli, Moody
97kg:
Warner

Surprised to see no Cass, Spencer I’m not too surprised about as timing wise there was nothing really for the month of December over seas. Hoping he can find a tourny for January/Feb internationally

I obtained the list from Basch’s rokfin:
I think Cass still has some hope that he will be able to wrestle collegially this year. If he does not I kind of see him going MMA.

Reactions: el dub
Source? Just curious
Tom said they have two appeals left and mentioned out of state help I figure that is likely either Tony or Abe I guess. As far as MMA that's just me pulling something out of my ass. He has boxing experience though which points me that direction plus when I saw him in September he looked even more cut and skinny than he did before to me. Makes me think he's getting in shape for a weight below 285 lbs.

here is a novel idea... Maybe Cass wins his appeal and he comes back and wrestles 97 and AJ handles the HWT spot ?? what a wild ride that would be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
97kg is 213 lbs. I bet this is hard for Cass to make. Another 16lbs to wrestle 197 is not likely. Maybe I missed the sarcasm.
yes i was just posting before it became the next conspiracy theory!! I cant imagine Cass at 213 let alone dropping to 197.. I guess we need to get ahold of Brody Grothus to fill out the weightclass

Reactions: edquinn06
Cass is going to be a monster at 97kg. They way I see it is that he needs to get his weight down for the UFC anyway, so if he does not compete for the Hawkeyes again he has a head start towards his mma debute.

Reactions: el dub
Cass v. Nate Jackson semi is fun to think about. I remember him wrestling Evans at 174.

Surprised no Kem at 74. He's not qualified is he?

Oh l like the idea of Cass at 97kg.
Think he will surprise some people
I think Cass is going to be a stone cold killer at 97 KG. Warner is already a top competitor at the weight, not that I would put either one of them anywhere near Snyder, but both could be top second tier guys.
I would like to see both of them go at it with Moore and I really want to see Cass vs Mach

I think Cass is going to be a stone cold killer at 97 KG. Warner is already a top competitor at the weight, not that I would put either one of them anywhere near Snyder, but both could be top second tier guys.
I would like to see both of them go at it with Moore and I really want to see Cass vs Mach
It's hard to say since we've never seen him compete that low. Is there only 1 more qualifier if you don't finish top 5 this weekend?

It's hard to say since we've never seen him compete that low. Is there only 1 more qualifier if you don't finish top 5 this weekend?
There is a last chance qualifier in March. You can also qualify by winning the NCAA Championship. I think there is some way with the Pan American games but it get complicated there.

Reactions: jrod65 and hoythawk
I h
Besides from the obvious experience difference, thought Warner also lacked the power and strength to compete with Mach (who’s a beast)
I haven’t seen pics of cass leaned down weight but I picture it similar to Snyder build.
If cuts not too bad, I’d take cass over Mach.

I h

Besides from the obvious experience difference, thought Warner also lacked the power and strength to compete with Mach (who’s a beast)
I haven’t seen pics of cass leaned down weight but I picture it similar to Snyder build.
If cuts not too bad, I’d take cass over Mach.
Seems to me that Cass would ragdoll Warner, perhaps I'm underestimating Warner. Cass is also very accomplished at freestyle. I'd like like to see him destroy the field. Took a lot of fortitude to get to 97kg.
Cass intrigues me more than Spencer in this tourney.
Hoping Spencer is Spencer and crushes the field, I look for him to widen the gap against Nico this time if they meet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT