ADVERTISEMENT

Seth Wallace the next head coach?

basically Agree, but reality of football 7th grade on.....you run the wrong,pattern, hit the wrong hole, miss your assignment on defense, you are going to get ripped

is the coach an insensitive asshole ? Not necessarily. Context. You and I weren’t there. Nature of the game, human nature. Obviously some are playing political correct games here. Coach called me dumb because I messed up in practice, well that’s happened to just about anybody who played football.
No doubt. My sophomore Line coach was also my drivers ed instructor for the hiway portion of drivers ed. Not only could be blow his top and throw out some pretty crazy profanity laced insults, he let me have it in the car with two other students in the back. He didn't like a lane change I made and he' made some comment, and then reached over and punched me in the leg. Different times I know, but theres nothing new under the sun either....

Last edited:
No doubt. My sophomore Line coach was also my drivers ed instructor for the hiway portion of drivers ed. Not only could be blow his top and throw out some pretty crazy profanity laced insults, he let me have it in the car with two other students in the back. He didn't like a lane change I made and he' made some comment, and then reached over and punched me in the leg. Different times I know, but theres nothing new under the sun either....
To me, a lineman called dumb in practice by a defensive coach....in P5 college football is pretty freaking mild. I know mothers on Facebook wouldn’t approve but this is not remotely realistic.

To me, a lineman called dumb in practice by a defensive coach....in P5 college football is pretty freaking mild. I know mothers on Facebook wouldn’t approve but this is not remotely realistic.
Correct. Much much worse stuff in the last couple of decades for sure. Much worse stuff in many workplaces every day. I am guessing there was some training and some suggestion to stop it.

I have, so, I get it. Many players can be a bit soft and sensitive and unfortunately a coach may not pick up how to ridicule certain players until it’s too late.

Not an easy job for Wallace and company.
From what I observe of Kirk on the sideline, he does not rip players in public, but appears to be the let's fix it and keep moving forward type of positive coach. How he is in practices I don't know. Maybe he lets the assistants be the bad cop.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT