ADVERTISEMENT

Settles BTN

Man, hard to listen to.

well-that-settles-it-settled.gif

Jess is a little over the top gushing about all things Iowa when he does a Hawk game. Certainly no different then Jimmy Jackson doing OSU, Butch doing Wisky or Bardo doing Illinois. Hummel usually does a pretty good job staying in check most of the time doing boiler games, but even he sometimes...

Jess is a little over the top gushing about all things Iowa when he does a Hawk game. Certainly no different then Jimmy Jackson doing OSU, Butch doing Wisky or Bardo doing Illinois. Hummel usually does a pretty good job staying in check most of the time doing boiler games, but even he sometimes...
Can’t be over the top homer for me, I love it

Honestly though, I find him pleasant to listen to.

I enjoyed Bobby Hansen more though, he's another homer close to my heart. Bobby and the infuriating (miss-describing plays!) but also entertaining Dolph, what a duo.

Reactions: Madman_1
I think Hummel is by far the best and Bardo is really good. I think Settles is solid but would be very good if he was more analytical and not so complimentary of everyone. I think Iowa and NW each had 4 players that he thought were all conference, yes exaggeration but a pet peeve when announces say every game that some player is the best at this every game.

I think Hummel is by far the best and Bardo is really good. I think Settles is solid but would be very good if he was more analytical and not so complimentary of everyone. I think Iowa and NW each had 4 players that he thought were all conference, yes exaggeration but a pet peeve when announces say every game that some player is the best at this every game.
You certainly explained it better then me. Jess does a decent job, but like a lot of these guys he gets caught up in hyperbole and it dilutes what he brings as an analyst. I'd also agree of all the B1G guys Hummel is the top IMHO..

Settles has about 30 guys on his all big ten team the way he talks. Take a drink every time he says "as good as anyone in the country!" and you won't remember the second half.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT