ADVERTISEMENT

*****Michigan vs Iowa (W) Game Thread*****

Only played the Wolves once this year, beating them by 17. The Hawks got spanked on the boards, but shot 51.4% from 3. Clark had 49 points and 13 assists.

I'm sure Michigan is feeling good about themselves getting a 13 point win after being behind by 14 at half. Gonna have to play well to beat them.

Only played the Wolves once this year, beating them by 17. The Hawks got spanked on the boards, but shot 51.4% from 3. Clark had 49 points and 13 assists.

I'm sure Michigan is feeling good about themselves getting a 13 point win after being behind by 14 at half. Gonna have to play well to beat them.

“It’s half past 4 and we’re shifting gears” …..

We are past worrying about who we are playing. We are focused on how we play them. 🧐 no more time for losing!

Nothing has been that surprising in the tournament. We are the best, most seasoned and savvy team in the league.

It’s no big surprise Nebraska beat Michigan State. I expected that, even after the late season swoon job versus Illinois, I think Nebraska is probably the 4th best team in the league.

And if it’s not Nebraska right now, then it’s Maryland, many of us talked early on in that game about what a terrible matchup it was for Ohio State.

Indiana quite frankly, they were having a hell of a season up until we blew them out of the ocean a couple months back… Then they dialed down on beating us out there, they did and now they’re injured and I think they lost their focus.

We are the best team in the league we should’ve been expected to win every game relatively handily…

I’m not being overconfident believe me I know we can lose, but we’re ready

They said during the broadcast last night that I believe Iowa has now scored 90+23 times this year, I went back to check for comparative reasons and we did it 14 times all of last season.

This team is focused and dialed in! I expect Caitlyn to have a huge day from three-point range and we smoke them!

We will play Maryland in the finals, they are favored by 2.5.

We will be around -16 in the UM today I’d guess. We will win by more than that and then Maryland will battle us, but we’ll be winning mostly comfortably all game. It’s not that these teams can’t beat us but we have actually had a very good well coached season.

Our subs have grown all year and we can win when Caitlyn doesn’t shoot well. As my 19 year old says, your shot may gobad, but your passing shouldn’t, right ?

Yes, I very much envision this… For some reason or another she has shown some nerves on her shots this year chasing these records… It’s funny the heat of the game doesn’t seem to get to her but you can’t tell me she hasn’t felt it in some of these games Where she was off like she was last night

Yes, I very much envision this… For some reason or another she has shown some nerves on her shots this year chasing these records… It’s funny the heat of the game doesn’t seem to get to her but you can’t tell me she hasn’t felt it in some of these games Where she was off like she was last night
I forgot Clark was chasing that single season 3 pt baskets made record. I doubt she was nervous about that record but wanted to get it out of the way too bad.

And the penn st coach told that one gal to be glue on Clark and not even worry about any other players and the ball. Just deny Clark the ball and play her super tight with the ball.

I was hoping Bluder would set up a bunch of plays to run the penn st defender through about 3 tough screens each possession. Put Goodman in their to pull a Lambier screen

I forgot Clark was chasing that single season 3 pt baskets made record. I doubt she was nervous about that record but wanted to get it out of the way too bad.

And the penn st coach told that one gal to be glue on Clark and not even worry about any other players and the ball. Just deny Clark the ball and play her super tight with the ball.

I was hoping Bluder would set up a bunch of plays to run the penn st defender through about 3 tough screens each possession. Put Goodman in their to pull a Lambier screen

There’s been a couple times this year and especially last night where when she’s playing off ball, they run her around down low and she has stopped and posted up a couple times. But rarely for very long… She would have to be an incredible mismatch down there no matter who was guarding her. With that said, I love her bombs, and I do think when she gets rocking and rolling, it changes, our momentum, but I would prefer her starting the game, going downhill and getting the other team in foul trouble. We did that a lot early in the season but we don’t always seem to do it as much anymore….

But here is what has me excited. We are set up to really explode. Alffolter, Feurbach and McCabe have gotten better and better and better all year long.

Personally I think Coach Bluder has done an incredible job of managing this roster even when everybody wanted Gabby on the bench. And now look what she’s done. We are going to need her. Lisa has done a very good job with his team….

Just my opinion!

The biggest thing they did was keep her from driving the lane. She gets her bombs off against anyone but when they aren't falling she drives, she couldn't get to the hoop last night.

Reactions: SoonerBeAHawk
I wonder if Caitlin would have stayed a 5th season and got a little more exposure if people would have figured out how to spell her first name right. Gabbie probably needed a 6th year for that to settle in too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT