ADVERTISEMENT

Sheryl Swoopes

Character and charisma are two totally different traits.

Edit: Technically charisma is a learned trait.

Personality is a component of character.

Thanks for flagging this.

Last edited:
I loved it when the TV cameras zoomed in on these ladies.

And the TV announcers also took a jab at Swoopes' nonsense by saying CC will break the all time scoring record in a lot less games.

But, hey, I am sure Sheryl will be apologizing very, very soon!
Bet Not.

Reactions: Franisdaman
All these arguments from critics are complete nonsense. If I was inclined to criticize I'd say Bluder giving Clark 36 minutes in a 25 point blowout are unnecessary. But I haven't heard that argument made once and that's the only one that makes sense to me.

Reactions: cmhawks99
All these arguments from critics are complete nonsense. If I was inclined to criticize I'd say Bluder giving Clark 36 minutes in a 25 point blowout are unnecessary. But I haven't heard that argument made once and that's the only one that makes sense to me.
Well i will say our defense allows runs from our opponents penn state was still in striking distance in 4th quarter last night

According to Swoops, we probably need to just go by ppg to find the all time scoring record. You know cause players played a different number of games.

Oh wait, why stop there. Let's do points per minute. You know cause they played different minutes. Oh and better account for the 3 point line not existing and has it changed distance? Will there be a 4 point line some day? Clark's logo 3s are probably worth 4.

Boy mental gymnastics are fun, when you are an idiot windbag.

How bout just see how many points she scores, assists she dishes and appreciate the generational talent.

s reactions share GIF

As the Watkins phenomenon grows, USC coach Lindsay Gottlieb has considered reaching out to Iowa coach Lisa Bluder to see how they manage Clark’s stardom.

"I think we’re headed for some unprecedented things," Gottlieb said. "She handles all of this with such grace. We try to do a good job of allowing her to be her, which is different and special, but also shielding her from some extra stuff. We’re constantly kind of updating that plan as we go."

I don't think they will have to worry once they join the Big10. Juju's numbers will go down.

And why would you say that? PAC 12 is really good this year and she already has a 50 point game. Stanford, UCLA, Colorado, USC.
Unless Clark sticks around, we will get smoked by UCLA / USC next year. So will everyone but maybe Ohio State. Maryland will have yet another rebuilding year, Indiana will likely take another step back. Michigan will have two phenomenal freshman but I’m not sure I have confidence in their coach to make the most of them, she seems to have lost her touch. Their team is a mess this year despite being loaded with talent. I could be wrong but I believe every other B1G team will continue to be a crap shoot. Minnesota might make a leap, but the burden of proof is on them. This year they have underwhelmed, I’d say, even before the Brain injury. Purdue, Illinois, Penn st, Mich St will all bring back talent lose some as well.

Unless Clark sticks around, we will get smoked by UCLA / USC next year. So will everyone but maybe Ohio State. Maryland will have yet another rebuilding year, Indiana will likely take another step back. Michigan will have two phenomenal freshman but I’m not sure I have confidence in their coach to make the most of them, she seems to have lost her touch. Their team is a mess this year despite being loaded with talent. I could be wrong but I believe every other B1G team will continue to be a crap shoot. Minnesota might make a leap, but the burden of proof is on them. This year they have underwhelmed, I’d say, even before the Brain injury. Purdue, Illinois, Penn st, Mich St will all bring back talent lose some as well.

Taking your schooling on Maryland to heart. I don’t see a rebuild @Maryland unless again, they have a huge out flux, and then influx of talent, which has been the norm for them lately…

If not I see a very long athletic team, that needs a true ball distributor…Sellers is a great player but not a point guard.

But I guess I don’t know how young they are so, maybe your right 🤷‍♂️

On the Baylor broadcast, Swoopes said she messaged CC, and they had a back and forth. She said she apologized for mistakingly saying it was her 5th year.

Reactions: amahawk
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/wnba...shes-back-criticism-caitlin-clark-remarks.amp

I see this dumb dumb just doesn’t know when to stop.
I feel like this is how a lot of people both black and white think and clearly they are racist.

Ignorance or stupidity or whatever you want to label it, doesn't go away overnight. The argument that (insert minority here) can't be racist is one of the top most moronic concepts every concocted. Last time I checked, a member of a minority is a person, and ANY person can do something racist. I would say "look up the definition, Sheryl", but we all know what her research skills are like. She's evidently too busy at the courtesy green room buffets.

I love it when minorities say, blacks can't be racists. That's just their way or trying to prevent themselves from being held to the same standards they have no problem holding others to. From the outside it appears Swoops' statements were certainly based in racism but I can't see into her heart.

You guys are all so fragile. Did you not attend the university of Iowa? Lmao there are many courses you can take to learn why black people cant be racist. It’s basic American history / poli sci / anthropology. I learned about it in multiple courses, through various lenses, actually. You guys should probably cheer for Liberty U or BYU if you want to support an institution that reflects your values lmao.

The reason black people cant be racist is bc you can’t do shit to make life harder for white people. The entirety of our economic, political, academic, professional infrastructure are built upon systems of exploitation. They are designed to concentrate power and wealth in the hands of the privileged few — largely white, straight men.

Until RADICAL change is made (which will never happen), that will never change. No comments or actions by Swoopes or any other black person can systemically harm white people.

Now don’t confuse racism with prejudice. Anyone can be prejudiced. Most people are, in fact, of all colors. But racism is different — it’s systemic, institutionalized, codified, overwhelming, cultural. Again, it’s part of the core of our history. Black people (and native people, Latino people, etc) do not have the power to harm white people SYSTEMICALLY in this country — hell they don’t even have the power to protect themselves from being murdered by cops when they’re sleeping in their own home. They don’t have the power to overcome generations of stolen/deprived wealth, property, health. They certainly don’t have the ability to turn the system against you. Look at Congress, look at business leaders, look at everything that makes America the country it is. It is led by straight white men and always has been.

Swoopes may be bitter and jealous of Clark, but nothing she says or do can be racist bc her actions are a pindrop in a massive pit of historical racism that doesn’t just permeate American history, it defines it. They will be forgotten, they will not harm Clark. They will not harm white athletes, bc white athletes will always have another opportunity.

Meanwhile white people will probably forever perpetuate stereotypes that harm POC as well as enact policy that does the same. POC will simply never be in a position of power in the US and that’s why “racism” doesn’t mean much, no matter how prejudiced someone may be.

Last edited:
You guys are all so fragile. Did you not attend the university of Iowa? Lmao there are many courses you can take to learn why black people cant be racist. It’s basic American history / poli sci / anthropology. I learned about it in multiple courses, through various lenses, actually. You guys should probably cheer for Liberty U or BYU if you want to support an institution that reflects your values lmao.

The reason black people cant be racist is bc you can’t do shit to make life harder for white people. The entirety of our economic, political, academic, professional infrastructure are built upon systems of exploitation. They are designed to concentrate power and wealth in the hands of the privileged few — largely white, straight men.

Until RADICAL change is made (which will never happen), that will never change. No comments or actions by Swoopes or any other black person can systemically harm white people.

Now don’t confuse racism with prejudice. Anyone can be prejudiced. Most people are, in fact, of all colors. But racism is different — it’s systemic, institutionalized, codified. Again, it’s part of the core of our history. Black people (and native people, Latino people, etc) do not have the power to harm white people SYSTEMICALLY in this country — hell they don’t even have the power to protect themselves from being murdered by cops when they’re sleeping in their own home. They don’t have the power to overcome generations of stolen/deprived wealth, property, health. They certainly don’t have the ability to turn the system against you. Look at Congress, look at business leaders, look at everything that makes America the country it is. It is led by straight white men and always has been.

Swoopes may be bitter and jealous of Clark, but nothing she says or do can be racist bc her actions are a pindrop in a massive pit of historical racism that doesn’t just permeate American history, it defines it. They will be forgotten, they will not harm Clark. They will not harm white athletes, bc white athletes will always have another opportunity.

Meanwhile white people will probably forever perpetuate stereotypes that harm POC as well as enact policy that does the same. POC will simply never be in a position of power in the US and that’s why “racism” doesn’t mean much, no matter how prejudiced someone may be.
Wow, the brainwashing you’ve been subjected to is astounding. Just because some people decided to change the definition of racism to allow themselves to be racist, doesn’t change anything.

: a belief that race is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

Wow, the brainwashing you’ve been subjected to is astounding. Just because some people decided to change the definition of racism to allow themselves to be racist, doesn’t change anything.

: a belief that race is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
I am nothing but a proud product of our beloved alma mater :) But thank you for an outdated definition that lacks nuance or historical context! Again there are many classes at Iowa you can take to learn about this. I suspect your tax dollars are probably paying for it so you should get your money’s worth.

I am nothing but a proud product of our beloved alma mater :) But thank you for an outdated definition that lacks nuance or historical context! Again there are many classes at Iowa you can take to learn about this. I suspect your tax dollars are probably paying for it so you should get your money’s worth.
I'm guessing you're one of those who believes the Constitution is a "living, breathing document" too. Just change something you don't like--the definition of racism/racist for instance--to fit your argument or belief or what you want to achieve.

I’m sorry to hear that Iowa taught you what to think instead of how to think, damn shame.

I'm guessing you're one of those who believes the Constitution is a "living, breathing document" too. Just change something you don't like--the definition of racism/racist for instance--to fit your argument or belief or what you want to achieve.
Lol yes I believe that the constitution — written during a time where people didn’t give a shit if you owned slaves and had never heard of electricity — should be taken at face value.

Like the Bible, it was written by infallible people who totally wouldn’t have been confused at the idea of women being doctors lmao. Gtfo snowflake.

• Haha
Reactions: IAmTheLaw151
So if a hiring manager is a black person and decides they won't hire a white applicant based on the fact that they're white despite being the best candidate, that's not racist? Are they not making life harder for that white person?

Your own logic is moronic. Any person, of any color, can be racist.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT