ADVERTISEMENT

Sheryl Swoopes

So if a hiring manager is a black person and decides they won't hire a white applicant based on the fact that their white despite being the best candidate, that's not racist? Are they not making life harder for that white person?

Your own logic is moronic. Any person, of any color, can be racist.

That’s just it — there will always be more opportunity for white people. They may be able to cause micro harm but they can’t cause macro harm. There are no systemic, institutionalized, codified, culturally engrained barriers to entry for white people to find jobs / earn what they’re worth, the way there is for minorities and women to do so. Again you can be prejudiced in taking an action but you cannot bc racist bc racism is systemic and supercedes individual actions.

This is evidence-based btw. Multiple studies have proven how people with “black names” (even with the same resumés, backgrounds) are less likely to get hired, be approved for loans, etc. Women and POC still earn less money for doing the same work that white men do. Women still barely get maternity leave, are routinely fired for getting pregnant, etc.

It will always be that way in this country bc straight white men designed it that way — they control all axes of power in the US and furthermore designed it so that the system is basically impenetrable minorities and women to change the system. Even affirmative action — often the one lifeline for POCs to break thru systems entirely designed to exclude them — was struck down.

This is pretty easy stuff to grasp. If you don’t believe it, it’s likely bc you believe yourself to be a victim, go figure lol cry me a river.

So if a hiring manager is a black person and decides they won't hire a white applicant based on the fact that their white despite being the best candidate, that's not racist? Are they not making life harder for that white person?

Your own logic is moronic. Any person, of any color, can be racist.
Or how about when you work for a company and they send out a form to all white people saying you have been the beneficiary of white privilege while working here. wtf is that, what’s really weird about it is that half of the company probably came from India.

Reactions: IAmTheLaw151
Or how about when you work for a company and they send out a form to all white people saying you have been the beneficiary of white privilege while working here. wtf is that, what’s really weird about it is that half of the company probably came from India.
Spit Take Lol GIF by Justin

You guys are all so fragile. Did you not attend the university of Iowa? Lmao there are many courses you can take to learn why black people cant be racist. It’s basic American history / poli sci / anthropology. I learned about it in multiple courses, through various lenses, actually. You guys should probably cheer for Liberty U or BYU if you want to support an institution that reflects your values lmao.

The reason black people cant be racist is bc you can’t do shit to make life harder for white people. The entirety of our economic, political, academic, professional infrastructure are built upon systems of exploitation. They are designed to concentrate power and wealth in the hands of the privileged few — largely white, straight men.

Until RADICAL change is made (which will never happen), that will never change. No comments or actions by Swoopes or any other black person can systemically harm white people.

Now don’t confuse racism with prejudice. Anyone can be prejudiced. Most people are, in fact, of all colors. But racism is different — it’s systemic, institutionalized, codified, overwhelming, cultural. Again, it’s part of the core of our history. Black people (and native people, Latino people, etc) do not have the power to harm white people SYSTEMICALLY in this country — hell they don’t even have the power to protect themselves from being murdered by cops when they’re sleeping in their own home. They don’t have the power to overcome generations of stolen/deprived wealth, property, health. They certainly don’t have the ability to turn the system against you. Look at Congress, look at business leaders, look at everything that makes America the country it is. It is led by straight white men and always has been.

Swoopes may be bitter and jealous of Clark, but nothing she says or do can be racist bc her actions are a pindrop in a massive pit of historical racism that doesn’t just permeate American history, it defines it. They will be forgotten, they will not harm Clark. They will not harm white athletes, bc white athletes will always have another opportunity.

Meanwhile white people will probably forever perpetuate stereotypes that harm POC as well as enact policy that does the same. POC will simply never be in a position of power in the US and that’s why “racism” doesn’t mean much, no matter how prejudiced someone may be.
Ya, no, nice try. Anyone can be racist and you know it.

I love it when minorities say, blacks can't be racists. That's just their way or trying to prevent themselves from being held to the same standards they have no problem holding others to. From the outside it appears Swoops' statements were certainly based in racism but I can't see into her heart.
Racism is defined as hating a whole race, rejecting that race. I am sure there are people, maybe a small minority, in every race on Earth that totally hate another race.

Ya, no, nice try. Anyone can be racist and you know it.
No, I don't know that bc I went to college and I learned how to critically analyze the world around me -- not just assume I'm a victim of a changing world, where I need to fear people who look different than me lol.

Racism is defined as hating a whole race, rejecting that race. I am sure there are people, maybe a small minority, in every race on Earth that totally hate another race.
Again, there are certainly people of all colors who are prejudiced. Most people of all colors are prejudiced, i'd say. But racism in the U.S. is an institutionalized, codified, cultural, superceding system that no single person can change. The "definition" people keep bringing up lacks nuance and context that are critical to identifying (and remedying) the actual system of oppression that defines American history, law, and economics.

Again I grasped this at 18 years old it astounds me all you guys can do is say "Look what I googled" lmao

Last edited:
Send us a pic of that or it never happened.

• Haha
That’s just it — there will always be more opportunity for white people. They may be able to cause micro harm but they can’t cause macro harm. There are no systemic, institutionalized, codified, culturally engrained barriers to entry for white people to find jobs / earn what they’re worth, the way there is for minorities and women to do so. Again you can be prejudiced in taking an action but you cannot bc racist bc racism is systemic and supercedes individual actions.

This is evidence-based btw. Multiple studies have proven how people with “black names” (even with the same resumés, backgrounds) are less likely to get hired, be approved for loans, etc. Women and POC still earn less money for doing the same work that white men do. Women still barely get maternity leave, are routinely fired for getting pregnant, etc.

It will always be that way in this country bc straight white men designed it that way — they control all axes of power in the US and furthermore designed it so that the system is basically impenetrable minorities and women to change the system. Even affirmative action — often the one lifeline for POCs to break thru systems entirely designed to exclude them — was struck down.

This is pretty easy stuff to grasp. If you don’t believe it, it’s likely bc you believe yourself to be a victim, go figure lol cry me a river.
JFC

As far as salary difference between women and men, I think I read several years ago that women are in the low 90s per cent of that of men. When work experience factored in I don't think there is much difference anymore. Women only in recent years entered some job markets and education experience, so less years working in the field.
And instead of trying to fix a problem that was caused by minorities growing up in poor neighborhoods with poor schools, we will just lower the bar on the back end - i.e. colleges, military, med schools having lower standards for certain races.

No, I don't know that bc I went to college and I learned how to critically analyze the world around me -- not just assume I'm a victim of a changing world, where I need to fear people who look different than me lol.

Again, there are certainly people of all colors who are prejudiced. Most people of all colors are prejudiced, i'd say. But racism in the U.S. is an institutionalized, codified, cultural, superceding system that no single person can change. The "definition" people keep bringing up lacks nuance and context that are critical to identifying (and remedying) the actual system of oppression that defines American history, law, and economics.

Again I grasped this at 18 years old it astounds me all you guys can do is say "Look what I googled" lmao
Do you realize that she said the word racist and not racism? I applaud that you want to provide this forum with knowledge of instutional racism but let's all agree that an individual can certainly be a racist, even if that individual is black. What Swoopes said is wrong and she should be challenged on her statement.

So it doesn't count as racism if it's only "micro" racism. Got it.

You're using the fact black people have, and still are, being impacted by racism to justify black people being racist towards white people.

Sorry, it doesn't work that way. We can agree on the "macro" portion of your diatribe without wrongly stating the "micro" portion isn't racism. It's all racism and the fact that you condone one and not the other makes you part of the problem, not the solution.

you cannot bc racist bc racism is systemic and supercedes individual actions.
This is definitely the most asinine thing I read all day. I believe #2 applies (you can go and write your own dictionary and then you can reference it to prove you are correct)

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
  2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.
  3. The belief that each race has distinct and intrinsic attributes.

lol you guys keep saying the same thing and idk what to tell you except that this is what people mean when they say black people cant be racist. It’s bc the definition and implications of the concept of racism require more context, a more critical lens, more nuance, than the definition you find on Google. Just bc you have a belief system predicated upon white fragility doesn’t mean you’re right. You can believe what you want but that’s not what historians, political scientists, social scientists and people who study racism have concluded based on evidence. It’s literally not what you learn at the FREAKIN UNIVERSITY OF IOWA LMAO.

I just love how you guys are all such fragile little conservatives while simultaneously cheering for an overwhelmingly progressive institution situated in the crunchiest hippy dippy city in the upper Midwest lol. Keep burying your heads in the sand…but you’ll also keep scratching your heads when young people flee Iowa for anywhere else as soon as they graduate, kids don’t want to transfer to Iowa, and oh yeah, your preferred political candidate loses the popular vote for the 8th time in 9 elections. These things are related….

Happy Judy Reyes GIF by ClawsTNT

lol you guys keep saying the same thing and idk what to tell you except that this is what people mean when they say black people cant be racist. It’s bc the definition and implications of the concept of racism require more context than the definition you find on Google or bc you have a belief system predicated upon white fragility. You can believe what you want but that’s not what historians, political scientists, social scientists believe. It’s not what you learn at the FREAKIN UNIVERSITY OF IOWA LMAO.

I just love how you guys are all such fragile little conservatives while simultaneously cheering for an overwhelmingly progressive institution situated in the crunchiest hippy dippy city in the upper Midwest lol. Keep burying your heads in the sand…but you’ll also keep scratching your heads when young people flee Iowa for anywhere else as soon as they graduate, kids don’t want to transfer to Iowa, and oh yeah, your preferred political candidate loses the popular vote for the 8th time in 9 elections. These things are related….

Okay but Swoopes is still a racist so there's that....

lol you guys keep saying the same thing and idk what to tell you except that this is what people mean when they say black people cant be racist. It’s bc the definition and implications of the concept of racism require more context, a more critical lens, more nuance, than the definition you find on Google. Just bc you have a belief system predicated upon white fragility doesn’t mean you’re right. You can believe what you want but that’s not what historians, political scientists, social scientists and people who study racism have concluded based on evidence. It’s literally not what you learn at the FREAKIN UNIVERSITY OF IOWA LMAO.

Your ad hominem attacks don't lend credence to your position. I figured they would have taught you that at the U of I as they did when I went to college.

I despise trump and your rhetoric honestly is of the same tenor as things he spews. Twisting things around so that they barely resemble the original thought and calling them facts.

Anyone on this earth can be racist. White, black, brown, whatever. To say otherwise is ignorant.

Ibrahim

Ibrahim Kendi states “The only remedy to racist discrimination ( by definition only whites) is antiracist discrimination. The only remedy to past discrimination is present discrimination. The only remedy to present discrimination is future discrimination.” I’m just curious. Who will decide when the score is even and we can all love one another (not possible with this belief system), or more likely achieve equity in racism?

Ibrahim

Ibrahim Kendi states “The only remedy to racist discrimination ( by definition only whites) is antiracist discrimination. The only remedy to past discrimination is present discrimination. The only remedy to present discrimination is future discrimination.” I’m just curious. Who will decide when the score is even and we can all love one another (not possible with this belief system), or more likely achieve equity in racism?
No Way Lol GIF by The Roku Channel

Unless Clark sticks around, we will get smoked by UCLA / USC next year.
Isn't it partly your job to make sure we get enough recruits/transfers to make sure that doesn't happen?......

Don't f***ing fail the Iowa women now. You're too invested to let that happen.

You guys are all so fragile. Did you not attend the university of Iowa? Lmao there are many courses you can take to learn why black people cant be racist. It’s basic American history / poli sci / anthropology. I learned about it in multiple courses, through various lenses, actually. You guys should probably cheer for Liberty U or BYU if you want to support an institution that reflects your values lmao.

The reason black people cant be racist is bc you can’t do shit to make life harder for white people. The entirety of our economic, political, academic, professional infrastructure are built upon systems of exploitation. They are designed to concentrate power and wealth in the hands of the privileged few — largely white, straight men.

Until RADICAL change is made (which will never happen), that will never change. No comments or actions by Swoopes or any other black person can systemically harm white people.

Now don’t confuse racism with prejudice. Anyone can be prejudiced. Most people are, in fact, of all colors. But racism is different — it’s systemic, institutionalized, codified, overwhelming, cultural. Again, it’s part of the core of our history. Black people (and native people, Latino people, etc) do not have the power to harm white people SYSTEMICALLY in this country — hell they don’t even have the power to protect themselves from being murdered by cops when they’re sleeping in their own home. They don’t have the power to overcome generations of stolen/deprived wealth, property, health. They certainly don’t have the ability to turn the system against you. Look at Congress, look at business leaders, look at everything that makes America the country it is. It is led by straight white men and always has been.

Swoopes may be bitter and jealous of Clark, but nothing she says or do can be racist bc her actions are a pindrop in a massive pit of historical racism that doesn’t just permeate American history, it defines it. They will be forgotten, they will not harm Clark. They will not harm white athletes, bc white athletes will always have another opportunity.

Meanwhile white people will probably forever perpetuate stereotypes that harm POC as well as enact policy that does the same. POC will simply never be in a position of power in the US and that’s why “racism” doesn’t mean much, no matter how prejudiced someone may be.
9a89db33-9710-49b1-8fd5-ebe38eb94ce7_text.gif

The tenor of Swoope’s statements were bigoted. I’m sure she feels there has been a lot of great black players in the women’s game that have not got their due including herself and she right about that. Those same players making essentially minimum wage in the WNBA and along comes this skinny white girl breaking all the records and garnering all of the love and attention from fans and media. She has fame , endorsements and charisma. Jealousy rears it ugly head and out comes the bigoted comments because she believes that those same black women are better players and all of the money and attention would not be happening if Caitlyn was black. You saw some of the same attitude with Dawn Staley. It’s a shame. Everything is black and white these ok days. I think Caitlyn has paved the way for all women basketball players, black or white to get recognized and paid better in the future. Her road in the WNBa will not be easy because of this attitude that is perpetuated by some.

Shikreto, You ooze hate. It’s not racism, though, according to your firmly implanted academic guru’s definitions. Just prejudice I guess. When you’re force fed a belief system because it just is and challenging it in the present environment for many risks career and well being, this is what results.
Martin Luther King envisioned a color blind society and judging people by the the content of their character, not their color. Yet you tell me I’m racist just because of my color. I guess you’ve moved to a higher plane of enlightenment than MLK. Attack him. Many of your like-minded allies do. Your entire movement is about establishing power, the same thing you criticize others for. In the end it’s all about power and in many areas, the power dynamic has already shifted. (See academia)
At its core, your agenda is Marxist, a failed ideology that resulted in 120 million deaths last century. The BLM founders and many academics in the CRT movement are openly Marxist. Instead of class warfare that Marx hoped would ignite revolution and failed, the equity warriors substitute race for class and divide our country further. Hoping for revolution? Many are.
But hey, it’s just like my opinion, man.

Shikreto, You ooze hate. It’s not racism, though, according to your firmly implanted academic guru’s definitions. Just prejudice I guess. When you’re force fed a belief system because it just is and challenging it in the present environment for many risks career and well being, this is what results.
Martin Luther King envisioned a color blind society and judging people by the the content of their character, not their color. Yet you tell me I’m racist just because of my color. I guess you’ve moved to a higher plane of enlightenment than MLK. Attack him. Many of your like-minded allies do. Your entire movement is about establishing power, the same thing you criticize others for. In the end it’s all about power and in many areas, the power dynamic has already shifted. (See academia)
At its core, your agenda is Marxist, a failed ideology that resulted in 120 million deaths last century. The BLM founders and many academics in the CRT movement are openly Marxist. Instead of class warfare that Marx hoped would ignite revolution and failed, the equity warriors substitute race for class and divide our country further. Hoping for revolution? Many are.
But hey, it’s just like my opinion, man.
Happy New Year GIF by HBO

Holy mental gymnastics

@shikreto

Your therapist has to make bank!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT