ADVERTISEMENT

Sheryl Swoopes

Sure there bud. At least I don’t look like an aggrieved white man looking for any reason to play the race card you fvcking ❄️! How many black women have you called racist? You’re pathetic and a fraud.
Lacking awareness here. Just because you use an emoji doesn’t mean you have an intelligent point to make.
Caitlyn has one issue. Complaining. That’s it.
The hate thrown at her comes from one group sorry you can’t figure that out. It’s obvious as this video. That was a paid college commentator discussing the most famous college athlete of the day. She either lied on purpose or wanted so badly for her feelings to be true she refused to look it up. If you want to claim the ignorance route for a professional in the sport that requires more gullibility than believing she wants to hate cc for a reason. The reason is obvious.
It was on her shirt. It was in the twitter post from the black woman fan from South Carolina that gets hate from other black people when they find out she likes Caitlyn Clark.
I wish it weren’t true but you’ll hear the same things about bird in many black circles. He was a media creation.

ABLVV85grfrDGcJaEg-LecOfhz7aeepgsZV1BTDH-wg50YB71nIFEBm9hWkNj3F-Wv3hfPOLUgstZWEiMtGKnxkYQgkb7wYHYyg2mU0BIxRcswnMWrsYN8vWi4b_ZL8NxflBIjClurNYYZGVnLaBDEmmphkCDm8a7aYtAjxvKen3pdQIrqKtgrP4HnNFMXdcdbLqtOKKwDtmOe-mPimzI1eak1frWIDz620zYCGbQ3HJzJDenCO7-Q_XrpQnh_AEn5drP7DeljXUtJFjgOQh_2klojVISprkfgBZXJcjiE3OurbJhJRXH5_rBCfGt7ynWdOMDgXQicuO0JQep4cDfLHEIPIhrLfY5hVGog6S-t0c9LyTfa9E-tAFNQdXEl2zUxUWCBikutr8hB47wXQRNiPOQzVJnwF3CSY0aJatbmOONJq8jzX5hlE9JrgiVpimrRy5LwXLPe8Q4AyljgQItFM7xc68A5dKur7XjKKOnZRQUpgVrUxnTYpbTrMyW3pHKQgtYSNjUt73Zkk6pJMBnFMfkLZwfuvdLtKkW_pBXT-lbvN6b5RrDNqD_SXaSHz-yoQdKuK7-m9Gt7bLHkjUu8eynd70vmLRVVI3ZYe0UjkCkSPMkqu9DeUep3wka0SetwefNoLTznZFbsqoRD20WJ5mpLQ1gY9x32-bBFftdHIughWFyoTJ53OZEHPoroL-7hE-DYdsavF-9blOwb9eMLREEAWn1ah_NaaZqH0CmBeXMUKF8Z_Cpj_wNaYlSdkddZKxqIxVVfmNICRGy1zAaL5wAI3ZFToOjR9cz_-DnOxidV5AaKW_NIhf3j_XIyOqFxa6aK5SMxV9AnhQBsxhIYUB5e-ILMxyQ57Axi_S66CtwN55FOwQ3gNrbJ-0AbCv5nm5FcLQl6AnJJpJAMAGML9Lg3jP=w419-h295-s-no-gm

This! 100%. Are we, as a university fanbase, not still dealing with other fanbases calling our school racist...for something that was was proven in court to not be factual some 1.5 to 2 years later? Somehow, that last part doesn't stop people from still thinking it. Nobody follows up and they stay uninformed. People today bitch far too often but never seem to know what's going on. It's difficult at times.
As the old saying goes, a lie can travel around the world before the truth has a chance to get its boots on.
The media sell more copy making people angry than making them happy. And they sell nothing if no one cares. I would never have gone out of my way to learn what Sheryl Swoopes said about Caitlin Clark. It's only because someone pointed out that she said something stupid that anyone gives a crap. No one would be clicking if she said Clark is worth the hype and she deserves the record.
Likewise, no one cares if the Hawkeye Football coaching staff isn't racist. We had been getting a lot of positive press because of the whole Children's Hospital thing, and reporters just can't help themselves from pissing in someone's cornflakes. Just like that jackass reporter from the Register who dug up tweets from Carson King when he was 16 years old. It's what they do. They can't help themselves. They all want to be Woodward and Bernstein. They all want to break the big story and bring down anyone of notoriety.

As the old saying goes, a lie can travel around the world before the truth has a chance to get its boots on.
The media sell more copy making people angry than making them happy. And they sell nothing if no one cares. I would never have gone out of my way to learn what Sheryl Swoopes said about Caitlin Clark. It's only because someone pointed out that she said something stupid that anyone gives a crap. No one would be clicking if she said Clark is worth the hype and she deserves the record.
Likewise, no one cares if the Hawkeye Football coaching staff isn't racist. We had been getting a lot of positive press because of the whole Children's Hospital thing, and reporters just can't help themselves from pissing in someone's cornflakes. Just like that jackass reporter from the Register who dug up tweets from Carson King when he was 16 years old. It's what they do. They can't help themselves. They all want to be Woodward and Bernstein. They all want to break the big story and bring down anyone of notoriety.
Yes sir. Couldn't have said it any better myself. Adding King was also a nice touch. People just want to have perceived meaning regardless of their viewpoints validity on a social matter, ideological barricades or steadfast standpoints on their statements, or to sell whatever it is they're trying to sell, and/or create division in the process even though they don't like to admit that part as much.

I sincerely hope evolution mitigates this aspect of humanity and our need to satiate ourselves with instant gratification (a much more obvious phenomenon now) but based on the last 5-8 million years of empirical evidence stating otherwise, I have my doubts. People just like to start shit...

I think what fascinates me about all of these old hats shitting on Clark is that you literally can’t deny how amazing Clark is and what’s she’s doing in today’s game. People are defending Swoopes on twitter saying that she’s better than Clark and it’s like… lol? I’m grateful for what Swoopes did to elevate the game but Clark is more efficient and better in every statistical category I’ve seen, takes fewer shots and in fewer games.

You can’t objectively say Swoopes is better than Clark when Clark is putting up these stats against significantly (very) harder competition

No one wants to talk about it, but it's true.

forget the black comedian but his comment was to the effect that there's two places where black folks call the shots, prison and a BBALL court. Anyone who won a few games on the "NBA Court" at the Field House in the 90's know that black guys would be almost humiliated when a team with a few white guys won.
1251d7e0-4fb1-4edb-8e5d-c56e97ad5a0a_text.gif

She deserves to get killed for her ignorance but I fear this is going to turn into a race thing shortly....

That was Dawn Staley's tactic last season after she got outcoached by Lisa Bluder. Lisa simply stated that playing against South Carolina would be like going into a bar fight. Dawn replied postgame that "we are not bar fighters, we are not monkeys, we are not thugs..."
Always the victim.

Is this racism? I don't know the intent but I do find it interesting that she hasn't apologized. I know Dolphin got in trouble for a statement that we do not know the intent of but people drew conclusions. I think that it can go both ways but one actually may have been a mistake and one was a series of absolutely wrong statements about Clark. It is fine to have opinions but I think fair to question the sheet number of misstatements all targeted at Clark. I am sure there is jealousy there but it is fair to ask.

Is this racism? I don't know the intent but I do find it interesting that she hasn't apologized. I know Dolphin got in trouble for a statement that we do not know the intent of but people drew conclusions. I think that it can go both ways but one actually may have been a mistake and one was a series of absolutely wrong statements about Clark. It is fine to have opinions but I think fair to question the sheet number of misstatements all targeted at Clark. I am sure there is jealousy there but it is fair to ask.
A tennis announcer was canned years ago for saying Serena played guerilla tennis.

• Haha
Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
I think what fascinates me about all of these old hats shitting on Clark is that you literally can’t deny how amazing Clark is and what’s she’s doing in today’s game. People are defending Swoopes on twitter saying that she’s better than Clark and it’s like… lol? I’m grateful for what Swoopes did to elevate the game but Clark is more efficient and better in every statistical category I’ve seen, takes fewer shots and in fewer games.

You can’t objectively say Swoopes is better than Clark when Clark is putting up these stats against significantly (very) harder competition
It’s hilarious about the 40 shots a game thing, when Swoopes averaged 21.1 for her career and CC averages 19.7 for her career.

So, if Swoopes was REALLY just stating her opinion, will she now (since she's obviously been set straight on her ignorance) come out and make a public apology? Remember now this is someone paid by a network to comment on the game, and she's talking about THE most recognized player in college basketball today..
I'm confused. Are you saying it was her opinion that Caitlin Clark was 25 years old and has played 5 years of college basketball? That's not what an opinion is.

Swoopes has a long history of questionable public comments. This is nothing new. To people unfamiliar with her it may feel like she just has a grudge against Iowa/Caitlin, but I think it goes beyond that. I'd argue it's just Swoopes' own ego at play here and Iowa just happens to be the topic of the day.

Just to give an example.

Whatever. The fact that Swoopes is arguing that CC's is playing her covid year, AND then said she could come back next year as well just shows maybe should have worked a little harder at actually getting an education when she was in college. And just for the record there lady Clark is an academic AA as well.....
It was worse. She said LAST YEAR was her covid year, and yet somehow she’s playing this year and has one more on the table.

Reactions: cmhawks99

I take it as those people aren't actually even aware of what she said about CC and are still chiming in. From my perspective, they're thinking she's being attacked for whatever other reason because the comments are vague and only hit on tropes like how someone could challenge her at all because of what she's done in women's basketball. They don't appear to understand that people aren't challenging her knowledge, rather this one thing as she was completely unaware of what she was talking about. They think she's being attacked but really, people are trying to nip it in the bud immediately so it doesn't get around enough that other people think it's actually true. You have to get ahead of this stuff or it blossoms into a narrative like what we're seeing.

I mean, who has time to look things up for themselves anymore? What's the point to come up with your own critical analysis? That's blasphemous. They'd rather listen to an "expert" like Swoopes or LeBron and what they say is gospel. Sad really, these people don't realize that they do this in all walks of life like politics, pop culture, etc. etc.

What really gets me is when this actually affects important matters and social movements. These experts aren't really experts other than the fact they have a platform. Pretty scary really.

Swoopes led her team to the NCAA title with the best NCAA tournament that any WBB player has ever had, including CC. Much respect to Sheryl Swoopes the player (not the podcast commentator).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT