ADVERTISEMENT

Should Caitlin fix her Mechanical Flaw?

Caitlin, when hearing this....

GMhNBKbXsAEzYyr

Last edited:
There's an old saying: "Pick your battles."

Doug's an idiot for picking this one.

Doug is an idiot most of the time. He's one of the few I just turn off immediately, hate it when he fills in for DP. He's Cowherd school of just saying shit to get attention.

Good grief, if we're going to discuss pure shooting flaws, he'd be trying to fix Larry Bird and Kevin Durant (who also comes up the middle like Caitlin).

It's just dumb and click bait nonsense.

True on the thin-skinned fans, but I love seeing all the non-Iowans getting her back, too.

I think "broken" is a stretch. Non-traditional, not what you teach kids starting to shoot, for sure. To me broken mechanics are defined by poor results. To shoot the % she does against high level competition (i.e. not just H-O-R-S-E with no defense) tells me nothing is broken.

I think of a pitcher with an awkward 3-quarters delivery that is a bit herky-jerky. But his K/9 is 12 and his WHIP is under 1. Non traditional for sure, but nobody is saying that pitcher is broken.

Probably just semantics. I respect Gottlieb for not being afraid to say what he thinks. But he needs to filter about half of what he says and just keep it in anyway.

Great thread showing Iowa’s incredibly thin skinned fanbase. He isn’t wrong about her broken mechanics. Probably developed that motion to get more power into long balls before she was ready to shoot. Definitely worth pondering how good she could be with perfect form.

It’s not thin skinned to say don’t fix what isn’t broken.

Great thread showing Iowa’s incredibly thin skinned fanbase. He isn’t wrong about her broken mechanics. Probably developed that motion to get more power into long balls before she was ready to shoot. Definitely worth pondering how good she could be with perfect form.
"Perfect form" for one person may not be perfect form for someone else. She seems to have it figured out pretty well.

That pic shows her right arm and hand off to the side and her left hand on top of the ball. She doesn’t shoot like that. Elbow center chest with a follow through with the left and doing almost nothing. Tell Larry bird to stop shooting from behind his head.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
In many cases it'd be more stimulating to provide tweets that strip the identity of the tweeter, so the focus could be on the content of the tweet.

In many cases it'd be more stimulating to provide tweets that strip the identity of the tweeter, so the focus could be on the content of the tweet.

So in this case that would change what?

That pic shows her right arm and hand off to the side and her left hand on top of the ball. She doesn’t shoot like that. Elbow center chest with a follow through with the left and doing almost nothing. Tell Larry bird to stop shooting from behind his head.
Yeah terrible picture to use trying to make that point. Looks more like she’s passing than shooting. Though she does shoot from that side, but imo it’s to get her shot off quicker from her left hand dribble. Obviously is far from a mechanical flaw

Yeah terrible picture to use trying to make that point. Looks more like she’s passing than shooting. Though she does shoot from that side, but imo it’s to get her shot off quicker from her left hand dribble. Obviously is far from a mechanical flaw

She does shoot that one, and repositions her hand before the shot

Reactions: Slim45
Doug is an idiot most of the time. He's one of the few I just turn off immediately, hate it when he fills in for DP. He's Cowherd school of just saying shit to get attention.

Good grief, if we're going to discuss pure shooting flaws, he'd be trying to fix Larry Bird and Kevin Durant (who also comes up the middle like Caitlin).

It's just dumb and click bait nonsense.
It is not so much about bringing the ball up in the middle, it is more about the fact she thumbs it with her left hand. It is pretty amazing how well she shoots it with what should have been changed a long time ago. I am guessing she was a two handed shooter before she built up her strength.

The Utah Jazz told Jeff Hornaceck if he wanted to stay in the league, he needed to quit thumbing the ball with his left hand. His first summer with them they taped his thumb to his hand so he wouldn't thumb it. Worked out pretty well for him.

Reactions: Mister_Man
She does shoot that one, and repositions her hand before the shot

Thanks for sharing.... The video tells the full story...not a damn screenshot from th video.

She was shooting a step back to her left.... Pulling the ball across her body from her left hand dribble to shoot from her right hand.

I guess the idiot thinks she should dribble with her right hand before shooting, so the ball is in proper position at all times? No more step back shots dribbling left?

Or how it might destroy her shot, so there is that............

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Not a big fan of Gottlieb, but not sure why he is being attacked here. First, he compliments Clark. Then he just asks if someone should fix the flaw, he does not say that the flaw needs to be fixed. He is just initiating a somehwat interesting conversation.