ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Kaleb Brown OWI

I'm fully aware. Just saying tolerance may be in shorter supply these days.....

With a new Iowa President and AD, it will be interesting to see what Kaleb's penalty ends up being

Outside of playing time & being in KF's doghouse, this is gonna be costly. His 2023 SUV might be totaled, legal fees, insurance rates go way up, etc.

Btw, does an insurance company cover things like they normally would when the driver is intoxicated?

• Haha
Reactions: Hawkeyes4sandusky
With a new Iowa President and AD, it will be interesting to see what Kaleb's penalty ends up being

Outside of playing time & being in KF's doghouse, this is gonna be costly. His 2023 SUV might be totaled, legal fees, insurance rates go way up, etc.

Btw, does an insurance company cover things like they normally would when the driver is intoxicated?
Good question on that last point. I don't know the answer, but seems like that would be a way for the insurer to get out of paying.

Reactions: Franisdaman
hope this proceeds like a standard iowa fb summer incident and kaleb gets suspended 1-2 games and and the kid learns a lesson. thankfully only kaleb and his own car were involved.

• Haha
No it ain't. Bet he never sees the field again here.
Sure it is. Cooperation doesn't mean bending to the will and whim of an officer. People have rights and you don't have to forfeit those to cooperate. Once again I'm not advocating for a drunk to get away with a crime, but you also shouldn't just agree to everything someone in a position of "authority" says. Personally I don't care either way if this impacts one game, 4, or a season. If Iowa can't replace 250 receiving yards then they have bigger issues.

Sure it is. Cooperation doesn't mean bending to the will and whim of an officer. People have rights and you don't have to forfeit those to cooperate. Once again I'm not advocating for a drunk to get away with a crime, but you also shouldn't just agree to everything someone in a position of "authority" says. Personally I don't care either way if this impacts one game, 4, or a season. If Iowa can't replace 250 receiving yards then they have bigger issues.
His vehicle was totaled and obviously wasted. At what point does one say, hey maybe if I stretch this out an hour I might pass some sobriety test? My guess is if he was that close to sobriety maybe his vehicle would not have been in pieces.

No it ain't. Bet he never sees the field again here.
Overreacting Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

• Haha
His vehicle was totaled and obviously wasted. At what point does one say, hey maybe if I stretch this out an hour I might pass some sobriety test? My guess is if he was that close to sobriety maybe his vehicle would not have been in pieces.
That's the exact line of thinking of a drunk guy who just crashed. I never said he was close to sobriety, just that there's zero benefit to taking a FST.

All FST's are voluntary, in every state but you cannot refuse a breathalyzer or chemical test. Well, you can refuse a breathalyzer but it's an automatic DUI.
I know someone who refused the breathalyzer in Kansas. At that time, it didn't mean automatic DUI but it did mean that you lost your license for a year for refusing the test.

Why don't the richey riches on here get him a new whip? Make it better than a 2023 Durango.

Not sure what a guy's place on the depth chart has to do with it. No matter, it's not going to be a factor for awhile. That's for sure.
I'd say leadership and responsibility. When you're the leader of a shallow and underdeveloped unit that's critical to the team, you should know better than to do something like this. Sets a bad example, let's the team down, etc.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT