ADVERTISEMENT

Since this is now like Facebook,....we should avatar our actual likeness.

Wouldn't they have enslaved or killed a black person in Game of Thrones times?

Have you seen the slave masters on the show? A good lot of them are mocha.

Never watched an episode. I hear good things, but I don't have any interest. I'm envious of the people who can start and stay with a show through its entirety. I probably have some form of ADHD.

Never watched an episode. I hear good things, but I don't have any interest. I'm envious of the people who can start and stay with a show through its entirety. I probably have some form of ADHD.
Game of thrones in particular will forge your focus if you let it. So many story lines going at once, in a way it may actually take the ability of the focused ADHD type to be able to handle all the storylines. Rewarding show to follow. Well, or depressing depending on how well you like certain characters.

Are there black people represented in GoT? Lots of Arab or North African looking folks, but I can only think of the one black guy who wanted to be King of Quarth (sp?). I wonder why, is this in the books?

Are there black people represented in GoT? Lots of Arab or North African looking folks, but I can only think of the one black guy who wanted to be King of Quarth (sp?). I wonder why, is this in the books?
Many of the unsullied are black, Messandei, and many from Mereen. There isn't a huge amount, but ebony definitely isn't absent. Drogon, the biggest baddest dragon, is a big black dragon. So there is that.

The books introduce Summer Islanders later, who are described as very black. From the books: "He has the dark skin and extravagant feather cape typical of Summer Islanders. The feathers of his own cape are green and scarlet."

The books introduce Summer Islanders later, who are described as very black. From the books: "He has the dark skin and extravagant feather cape typical of Summer Islanders. The feathers of his own cape are green and scarlet."
Oh come on Torbee, we already know your real name. And you've shown yourself in the legendary post a pic of yourself thread........

Oh come on Torbee, we already know your real name. And you've shown yourself in the legendary post a pic of yourself thread........

I'll probably add a real pic tomorrow or later this week. I really LIKE this avatar though! I'll have to find one of me drinking a beer. Shouldn't be hard.

Reactions: Hawk in SEC Country
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT