ADVERTISEMENT

Snyder to the NLWC

Grip220

HR Heisman
Mar 23, 2014
Babylonia parts unknown
Never thought this would happen the rich get richer.
He stated to be able to reach his goals and to get to the level he needs to achieve them he needs a change and is seeking more help.
Edit: maybe not so shocking after I found out his girl is there.
Plus he is from Maryland

Last edited:
Reactions: vhsalum
Never thought this would happen the rich get richer.
He stated to able to reach his goals and to get to level he needs to achieve them he needs a change and is seeking more help.
Shocking!
I believe his fiance goes to grad school in PA. Combined with the obvious benefits of the NLWC, this makes a lot of sense. He's been rumored to be on the move all summer.

I dont blame him. IMO Varner & Cassar probably are better training partners than Dlagnev & Moore. He has probably soaked up anything and everything Dlagnev could do for him. His wrestling seems a little stagnant lately so a new approach cant hurt.

and he gets the money and the girl too.

I'd also bet anyone there house Cael made a call or text to Ferrari today letting him know.

I dont blame him. IMO Varner & Cassar probably are better training partners than Dlagnev & Moore. He has probably soaked up anything and everything Dlagnev could do for him. His wrestling seems a little stagnant lately so a new approach cant hurt.

and he gets the money and the girl too.

I'd also bet anyone there house Cael made a call or text to Ferrari today letting him know.
Plus Taylor and Nickal.

The fiance is at Penn, in Philly, I believe.
I think you're right. I remember hearing he was considering moving to train with Slay at Penn. Given his recent struggles, he probably felt he needed to go all in on having the best partners, and chose NLWC instead. He's still knocking 2 hours off his distance.

Also, time to put a nail into OSU's coffin. One less obstacle between us and Penn State.

Is Nickal going to stick around there now with Snyder and Taylor boxing him in at either weight?

Is Nickal going to stick around there now with Snyder and Taylor boxing him in at either weight?
I think Nickal is only boxed in for an Olympic year. In off Olympic years, he will be the man in the middle. IMHO Also, it is kind of like saying is Gilman going to leave or is Lee going to leave Iowa because of the other?

Reactions: Inthecircle
I think Nickal is only boxed in for an Olympic year. In off Olympic years, he will be the man in the middle. IMHO Also, it is kind of like saying is Gilman going to leave or is Lee going to leave Iowa because of the other?
Nickal has stated that he is most likely transitioning to MMA after 2020, so I think this is the last year we'll see him in a singlet.

Nickal has stated that he is most likely transitioning to MMA after 2020, so I think this is the last year we'll see him in a singlet.

Not only Nikal, his mom has stated that also. I think he will transition very well. I understand wanting to see him get punched, but any wrestler with success shines some light back on the greatest sport, so I’ll root for him.

Not only Nikal, his mom has stated that also. I think he will transition very well. I understand wanting to see him get punched, but any wrestler with success shines some light back on the greatest sport, so I’ll root for him.

IMO Bo has an exceptional ability of 3D positional/situational awareness that made him dangerous from any position. I dont know how well that will translate to success against fast striking but I am looking forward to it.

Hopefully the supplements make him taller too otherwise he is going to look like an XL Nato (think no neck).

Tomasello should go the MMA route. Could slide right in with his boxing background. Kid was tough as nails too. AND we could see him get punched in the face too

Reactions: DirkTang1
Hopefully the supplements make him taller too otherwise he is going to look like an XL Nato (think no neck).

Tomasello should go the MMA route. Could slide right in with his boxing background. Kid was tough as nails too. AND we could see him get punched in the face too

IMO a heathy NATO is going to be an issue for Gilman and Spencer and everyone else at 57 kg. He has been injured since his sophomore year with knee, shoulder and hip injuries with major surgery for all three. He had so much surgery he looks like he has zippers. From what I hear the kid has rehabilitated, is healthy for the first time in 4 years and is on fire.
BTW, I have watched him hit a heavy bag and you are right....he has serious power, more than any lightweight I have seen but he also moves like he has power LOL. If he can take the heat he will knock people out.

Last edited:
Would love to see him healthy and see what he can do. Hawks have sure had his number. I know he has KO power. The moves like he has power made me laugh. He'd be a tough out. I guess it comes down to if he can take a punch or would want to for that matter.

Would love to see him healthy and see what he can do. Hawks have sure had his number. I know he has KO power. The moves like he has power made me laugh. He'd be a tough out. I guess it comes down to if he can take a punch or would want to for that matter.

Tomasello has beaten Gilman, Clark and Spencer Lee (in the big ten championships).....And they all subsequently beat him all in close matches, so I wouldn't say anybody has anybody's number.

IMO a heathy NATO is going to be an issue for Gilman and Spencer and everyone else at 57 kg. He has been injured since his sophomore year with knee, shoulder and hip injuries with major surgery for all three. He had so much surgery he looks like he has zippers. From what I hear the kid has rehabilitated, is healthy for the first time in 4 years and is on fire.
BTW, I have watched him hit a heavy bag and you are right....he has serious power, more than any lightweight I have seen but he also moves like he has power LOL. If he can take the heat he will knock people out.
Good joke. He has no chance unless the top 4 are hurt.

I wasn't trying to shade NATO. He didn't lose often. Maybe under 10 in college? Collectively the Black and Gold singlets had 5 or 6 of those? Lee and Gilman had a couple each, toss in one for Clark. I'm too lazy to look it all up right now; just going off my faulty memory.

I can remember Alan Waters beat him in a dual I think but that is it off the top of my head.

The guy is tough but I think he is better suited to folk than free but that is just one man's opinion. I could see him taking out one of the favorites but I would be shocked (and impressed) if he ran the gauntlet at 57. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Ihawkd9times
I wasn't trying to shade NATO. He didn't lose often. Maybe under 10 in college? Collectively the Black and Gold singlets had 5 or 6 of those? Lee and Gilman had a couple each, toss in one for Clark. I'm too lazy to look it all up right now; just going off my faulty memory.

I can remember Alan Waters beat him in a dual I think but that is it off the top of my head.

The guy is tough but I think he is better suited to folk than free but that is just one man's opinion. I could see him taking out one of the favorites but I would be shocked (and impressed) if he ran the gauntlet at 57. Just my opinion.

He had 8 total losses. 2 to Lee and Gilman. 1 each to Clark, Dance, Waters and Dylan Peters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT