ADVERTISEMENT

So…Dean Oliver is leaving Wisconsin

See, I'm not the only one that sees that every time you type a reply that you're just trying to pull my trigger or there has to be a voice from the other side, it just shows you that not only do you hate Brock, but you really don't care about Iowa basketball either.
You try to come off as a concerned Hawkeye fan that wishes Fran to be gone and that Iowa's roster is mid-major. Granted this years team had major issues with rebounding and playing defense by some of the players, but they rebounded by the end of the season to finish at five hundred in the Big Ten.
Really bad teams don't have the ability to do that, no matter how bad you think the Big Ten was.
This year was always going to be a rebuilding year, you don't lose 2 All Americans to the NBA and bring in 4 freshmen and 2 portal players, 1 that can't play defense and the other that played the minutes of a walk-on and was a foul machine when he did play. Before the season even started most on here gave Iowa little chance to finish at five hundred in the Big Ten let alone have a chance to get a bid to play in the NCAA tournament, but they did make is interesting at the end, but that wasn't enough for some of you.
So when it became apparent that Iowa was no longer going to make the NCAA tournament, all you lame so called Hawkeye fans come on here and spewed your hatred for Fran, calling for his head, because he hasn't fulfill your dreams of Iowa ever making the sweat 16 or beyond. Boo Hoo! What a bunch of p**sy's.
Great Iowa fans, right!
And for you LukaDuka, you're no longer worth the time and effort to continue this banter back and forth. It's apparent you care little about Iowa basketball.
As Fran has said before, every time he went to watch Brock play he was the best player on the floor. I'll take his word over yours any day and really that is all that matters.
Umm, only lost one to the NBA last year, Kris. Keegan the year before & Luka & Joe were the previous year. & I've never called for Fran to be fired, just do better. Fran, like Dr. Tom doesn't get a free pass at this stage. Beth needs to set the expectations higher than .500 in Big10. Northwestern & Nebraska have passed Iowa by. Think about that for a second for F's sake. And that Utah game was an embarrassment to the program. Just one game, but there were other games the team either wasn't prepared or unfocused. If you don't see that, then I don't know what to tell you.

And if you really think Fran shouldn't of been playing the Murray's their freshman year over PMac & Conner than you need to have your head examined. Imagine Luka, JoeW, Keegan, JBo & Kris getting most of those minutes. He had a big opportunity with that group and blew it.

You need to calm the F down & be objective. Most all here are die hard Iowa fans and want the program to achieve & be better. Sure, it's a rebuilding year. But that's on Fran. And look around & see how many teams that reload, not rebuild. If Freddie can do it at Nebbie, TJ at ISU, Fran should sure as hell be able to do it at Iowa. I don't see one player on our current roster that will see any significant time on an NBA roster. MAYBE Payton, but doubtful. He's one dimensional. Freeman had a great year, but can't score outside the paint. Hopefully he works as hard as Luka & becomes a three point machine, but doubtful & he can't bang with the big bodies in the NBA.

Let's see what Fran can pull from the portal & we can continue this love/hate letter writing while evaluating the new incoming talent. Make sure you keep a fresh oxygen tank handy, I quite enjoy antagonizing you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT