ADVERTISEMENT

So Chubby Purdy is leaving...

To clarify...as things stand right now, Nebby enters next season with QB1 and QB2 as true freshmen.

What could possibly go wrong?

Only in Lincoln do we get to witness the yearly shitshow.
It is wild and head spinning over there. I remember hearing back in the Devaney/Osborne days, when they could have almost unlimited walkons and 100+ schollies like all schools, that most of the big bruiser players knew they had to practice and wait 2-3 years before starting. And that probably also went for many skill position players not named Johnny Rodgers.

To clarify...as things stand right now, Nebby enters next season with QB1 and QB2 as true freshmen.

i would imagine they get someone with some experience as well. Someone like the dartmouth guy who played a bit and is probably just looking for a chance for a big time program for a season or so

They still have harberts who started most of their games.
Thompson for depth.
Raoli will start I presume.

Bottom line is Rhule is still the HC.

A coach that brought in a human turnover machine last portal season in Sims. A HC that arguably is a horrible in game coach with his clock mgmt.

So having a stud recruit doesn't change the fact that Rhule is in over his head in the B1G.

Raiola family will regret their decision.

Agreed.
But it Seems I remember a lot wanted Lainez to o start over our QB many times this year.
What could got wrong with that?
Did You see how Hill played? Literally half the board could put up the same stats and take better care of the football than He did, He was worse than Petras , The absolute worst QB I have ever seen suit up and play in a P5 game

Did You see how Hill played? Literally half the board could put up the same stats and take better care of the football than He did, He was worse than Petras , The absolute worst QB I have ever seen suit up and play in a P5 game
This is a fair statement, but why isn’t that considered when evaluating BF?

Reactions: DirkTang1
So you think the answer is to throw a raw kid with no experience out there is a good idea?
Yeah, what could go wrong with that.

• Haha
Reactions: ddeanHawk
Agreed.
But it Seems I remember a lot wanted Lainez to start over our QB many times this year.
What could go wrong with that?

He would have been worse then Hill? Ball protection, nope. Completions, couldn't have been worse then Hamburger. Able to escape trouble, positive check for Lainez.

Reactions: Thunderlips71
He would have been worse then Hill? Ball protection, nope. Completions, couldn't have been worse then Hamburger. Able to escape trouble, positive check for Lainez.
That's your opinion right?. My opinion is in reality the kid could be injured by not being prepared right now for a stacked box. If you were the parent how would you feel if the coaches threw your kid in without being prepared?.

That's your opinion right?. My opinion is in reality the kid could be injured by not being prepared right now for a stacked box. If you were the parent how would you feel if the coaches threw your kid in without being prepared?.
Honestly you guys could go back and forth all day I dont think either of you are wrong. You both make solid points.
To Intrepodor's point a lot of FR around the country play and some actually play pretty well.

To Hendy's point the common denominator this year is/was BF. I think its obvious he was just out of his element with X's and O's, adjustments after scripted plays, and utilizing the players he had to the best of their abilities.

For instance the Mich St game All made a hell of a play and broke tackles to get a TD on a slot screen. Looking back on it it is kind of funny his brilliance came up with a screen in the slot to a TE. The slot is closer to defensive traffic than the boundary and TE's are usually slower than WRs. Oh and Kaleb Brown was on the roster. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hendy hawk
Is he afraid of competition?
Going to be wild that Nebraska's true freshman QB will be better than Iowa's starter. The coaches who recruited Raiola and called him the best QB coming out of high school in the past decade weren't just talking shit. Before you guys do the typical Iowa thing - I am not suggesting that he'll be All-American or even All-Conference. Just better than Iowa's QB. Probably by a good stretch.

• Haha
Reactions: doughuddl2
Going to be wild that Nebraska's true freshman QB will be better than Iowa's starter. The coaches who recruited Raiola and called him the best QB coming out of high school in the past decade weren't just talking shit. Before you guys do the typical Iowa thing - I am not suggesting that he'll be All-American or even All-Conference. Just better than Iowa's QB. Probably by a good stretch.
Congratulations to Nebraska for another stellar offseason. Enjoy your participation trophy.

I don’t know what is more pathetic. The Iowa fans who keep obsessing over everything Nebraska or the Nebraska fans who troll this board and think Nebraska football is still relevant.

Outside of Nebraska and a few dipshit Iowa fans, no one cares. No one.

Congratulations to Nebraska for another stellar offseason. Enjoy your participation trophy.

I don’t know what is more pathetic. The Iowa fans who keep obsessing over everything Nebraska or the Nebraska fans who troll this board and think Nebraska football is still relevant.

Outside of Nebraska and a few dipshit Iowa fans, no one cares. No one.
That is funny coming from a fan of the 12-0 (but leave out the 2 losses) ring team.

You would take Deacon and McNamara over Raiola?

You would take Deacon and McNamara over Raiola?
Never said that. What I implied is lil Matty is so desperate that he's putting all his eggs into a paper basket depending on two true freshmen to TRY and become bowl eligible.

Reeks of pressure from boosters.

Reactions: WestIAHawk
Never said that. What I implied is lil Matty is so desperate that he's putting all his eggs into a paper basket depending on two true freshmen to TRY and become bowl eligible.

Reeks of pressure from boosters.
I mean …. You saw our QB’s last year. Haarburg will get some extra time to be a reliable back-up and DR will hopefully be ready day 1 after early enrolling. It doesn’t take much to upgrade our room. Would have been nice to have McCord or someone else with some experience.

I saw Labas in the portal - what does your 3rd string look like? Do you think Deacon will improve greatly over the offseason? I thought he got better as the season went on.

McNamara has struggled with injuries - so a lot of eggs in that basket too if we are being honest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT