ADVERTISEMENT

So Dems, I just gotta know...

You've never answered any of my questions since day one. Why would you start now? So, how does it feel to be on the Bush's side? :cool:

This is a good example of why nobody answers your questions. They simply suck. Every answer would just be an explanation as to why your question is based on a false premise.

Many liberals are willing to give Bush credit where they believe it is due. Clinton giving Bush credit is something independents should appreciate, but you want to be the only one capable of thinking outside of the two party system so you want liberals heads to explode if a dem says something nice about a rep. I am fine with Clinton giving Bush props for specific items. I am guessing most on here feel the same way. But to your original Bush question, clinton giving him props doesn't make her on his side or him the dem's savior. That is how most answers to your questions would go. Explaining why the premises is false everything you think you have a great OP would grow tiresome.

This is a good example of why nobody answers your questions. They simply suck. Every answer would just be an explanation as to why your question is based on a false premise.

Many liberals are willing to give Bush credit where they believe it is due. Clinton giving Bush credit is something independents should appreciate, but you want to be the only one capable of thinking outside of the two party system so you want liberals heads to explode if a dem says something nice about a rep. I am fine with Clinton giving Bush props for specific items. I am guessing most on here feel the same way. But to your original Bush question, clinton giving him props doesn't make her on his side or him the dem's savior. That is how most answers to your questions would go. Explaining why the premises is false everything you think you have a great OP would grow tiresome.

So, her talking about how well he did after 9/11 doesn't bother you? I mean, we already know she voted for the Iraq war, but you guys claim that she thinks it's a mistake now. Which Hillary are we supposed to believe?

Awesome! Your intuition may be right. I don't give a shit if he said or not. It makes sense to me. If he didn't? Great! It still makes sense to me. If you proved that he didn't say it, it still makes sense to me. I'm not here to prove anyone's intuition to be right or wrong. I'm only responsible for MY intuition.

Einstein is no better or worse, superior or inferior, than you or me or anyone else. However, a lot of people will react that if it comes from someone as "Superior" as Einstein, then it must be more profound or valid in some way. I don't put any more credence into it because it has Einstein's picture next to it. That's how I feel about Carlin. I often use the Carlin videos for one reason. It allows the ideas to be HEARD rather than read on these forums. Spoken sentiment is usually better understood, or more effective (in my experience). I don't care if it's Carlin, Einstein, or Charlie Brown. I tend to agree with most of Carlin's opinion and attitudes, and I know them pretty well, so I just use them because they're easier to find for me to share what I'm trying to convey.

LOL...of course it makes sense to you. That's the definition of confirmation bias. And after touting the Einstein angle throughout the thread...now it doesn't matter. Perfect.

lincoln_internet_quote.jpg

But thanks - seriously - for crediting my intuitive mind. Too bad you guys have neither intuition not rationality as resources.

Reactions: naturalmwa
So, her talking about how well he did after 9/11 doesn't bother you? I mean, we already know she voted for the Iraq war, but you guys claim that she thinks it's a mistake now. Which Hillary are we supposed to believe?

I don't care about hillary and want she says about bush at all. I am not voting for her and don't like her. I am wondering why strumming isn't on you to back off the attack. She should be entitled to her opinion. Seems like he just comes to your aid because you guys are no better than the teams you try to ridicule.

LOL...of course it makes sense to you. That's the definition of confirmation bias. And after touting the Einstein angle throughout the thread...now it doesn't matter. Perfect.

But thanks - seriously - for crediting my intuitive mind. Too bad you guys have neither intuition not rationality as resources.

How do you not get what he was saying? He was talking about taking an idea at face value. You think that if the idea is somehow misrepresented, then that automatically debunks the idea.

I don't care about hillary and want she says about bush at all. I am not voting for her and don't like her. I am wondering why strumming isn't on you to back off the attack. She should be entitled to her opinion. Seems like he just comes to your aid because you guys are no better than the teams you try to ridicule.

Nobody is saying that Hillary doesn't have the right to her opinion. We're just lampooning that opinion because it helps prove what we have been saying the whole time about the two parties.

How do you not get what he was saying? He was talking about taking an idea at face value. You think that if the idea is somehow misrepresented, then that automatically debunks the idea.

Of course, I discredit the idea. It's idiotic...as usual when the Dynamic Duo is involved. I'm not even sure how you get from having a rational mind to being a servant. There's no path from here to there.

Well, no one is ever going to be as smart as you are.

The only time I "touted the Einstein angle" is when I used his name to try and emphasize to Ragle the difference between rational and intuitive.

LOL...there's nothing to understand...it's meaningless babble that you guys lap up.
Can you write a book, or stand up on a mountain and advise us all as to what is good, bad, right, wrong, meaningless, meaningful, and everything else... you know, so we all know exactly how the world works. We need that desperately. And, we need YOU to guide us. You're so wise and so humble.

I don't think it could be said much better than the quote. It's pretty succinct. Is there a word in it that you don't understand or something?

Ahhhh..the (fake) quote explains how a rational mind inevitably turns to servitude? Guess there are some words in there I don't understand. So break it down for those of us who just don't get it.

Maybe diagram the sentences or something. Define the terms?

Never claimed I did. So educate us...lay out the map from rational mind to servant. And remember - this must have universal applicability. Whatcha got, genius?
You mean, it has to make sense to you and no one else? That's not universal at all. That is, as you love to say, idiotic. The statement speaks for it's fvcking self, dude. You want me to map-out HOW, in individual circumstances, what was proposed in the OP can become reality?

Tell ya what. I'll offer this link, which doesn't confirm Einstein said exactly what was quoted, but it does go into some detail about the subject matter. Forgive the source if they didn't consult you first for your Seal of Approval to make sure it qualifies as idiotic or not.

Reactions: NoleSoup4U
Can you write a book, or stand up on a mountain and advise us all as to what is good, bad, right, wrong, meaningless, meaningful, and everything else... you know, so we all know exactly how the world works. We need that desperately. And, we need YOU to guide us. You're so wise and so humble.

What you really need to do is think really hard before you post anything. Very little intellect is required to spot the multitude of fallacies in your thinking. I have faith you possess at least that. Slow your fingers down and give your brain a few days to catch up and you'll be fine...probably.

Ahhhh..the (fake) quote explains how a rational mind inevitably turns to servitude? Guess there are some words in there I don't understand. So break it down for those of us who just don't get it.

Maybe diagram the sentences or something. Define the terms?

I'm not going to define every single word in the quote. What specifically are you having a problem with? Your kids wouldn't come up to you and just say that they don't understand the class. They are going to give you a specific issue.

You still don't understand the difference between acceptance and support.
Couldn't this be applied to a lot of democrats that are going to vote for Hillary? Also, wasn't one of your arguments for abortion is you are choosing the side with less death? Isn't it possible somebody looks at the choice between Trump and Clinton and choose Clinton because they think that will result in less death? Sure they could vote for a third party, and it would be great if there were more viable options, but it's not out of line for people to feel they are wasting a vote on a third party candidate.

Note: I'm not voting for Clinton and I don't like her. Just trying to answer your question.

Couldn't this be applied to a lot of democrats that are going to vote for Hillary? Also, wasn't one of your arguments for abortion is you are choosing the side with less death? Isn't it possible somebody looks at the choice between Trump and Clinton and choose Clinton because they think that will result in less death? Sure they could vote for a third party, and it would be great if there were more viable options, but it's not out of line for people to feel they are wasting a vote on a third party candidate.

Note: I'm not voting for Clinton and I don't like her. Just trying to answer your question.

No, I didn't bring up the "side with the lesser death" argument.

Couldn't this be applied to a lot of democrats that are going to vote for Hillary?
Hey! Considerate, qualified discourse to the OP! I agree with you. I don't think those voters are directly responsible for the dead people. But, indirectly they could be.

I think Soup does take a lot of his opinions a bit too far just to rattle the cages of the posters here that get easily rattled and will surely give him some personal entertainment. He loves to argue. We all do. Well, most of us do.

You mean, it has to make sense to you and no one else? That's not universal at all. That is, as you love to say, idiotic. The statement speaks for it's fvcking self, dude. You want me to map-out HOW, in individual circumstances, what was proposed in the OP can become reality?

Tell ya what. I'll offer this link, which doesn't confirm Einstein said exactly what was quoted, but it does go into some detail about the subject matter. Forgive the source if they didn't consult you first for your Seal of Approval to make sure it qualifies as idiotic or not.

So you're semi-quoting Bob Samples who claimed Einstein said things he never actually said. And that's your support?

I'll ask again for the less learned among us....lay out the path that inevitably leads the rational mind to servitude. You must have thought deeply about this since you are so enamored of the (fake) quote. Whatcha got?

No, he chose the side of the abortion issue with more death. He chose 100% certainty of death over 20 deaths in 10,000 cases.

He actually endorses one's right to kill anyone they want at anytime.

I'm not going to define every single word in the quote. What specifically are you having a problem with? Your kids wouldn't come up to you and just say that they don't understand the class. They are going to give you a specific issue.

I think we're beginning to see the problem here. You have no f'n idea what the quote means, either. You could have just said that.

So you're semi-quoting Bob Samples who claimed Einstein said things he never actually said. And that's your support?

I'll ask again for the less learned among us....lay out the path that inevitably leads the rational mind to servitude. You must have thought deeply about this since you are so enamored of the (fake) quote. Whatcha got?

Holy crap, dude. You have to be one of the least intellectually curious people that I've ever met. Your whole thought process is maddening.

Nobody is saying that Hillary doesn't have the right to her opinion. We're just lampooning that opinion because it helps prove what we have been saying the whole time about the two parties.

Strumm thinks we shouldn't rail on you so the same standard applies. We aren't saying you don't have the right to your opinion either. We are just saying your opinion isn't based on sound logic and you are an idiot.

And how shitty of a world view you must have that you think a politicIan saying something complimentary about a former president from the oposite political party is a negative to that party.

Good job of not addressing the fact your original premise was flawed, also.

Strumm thinks we shouldn't rail on you so the same standard applies. We aren't saying you don't have the right to your opinion either. We are just saying your opinion isn't based on sound logic and you are an idiot.

And how shitty of a world view you must have that you think a politicIan saying something complimentary about a former president from the oposite political party is a negative to that party.

Good job of not addressing the fact your original premise was flawed, also.

See, you're trying to take this one instance and oversimplify it. What Strumm and I are talking about is noticing a pattern, but you can't do that if you aren't willing to look.

See, you're trying to take this one instance and oversimplify it. What Strumm and I are talking about is noticing a pattern, but you can't do that if you aren't willing to look.

I have no idea what you are talking about but have no doubts you aren't capable of recognizing patterns.

Holy crap, dude. You have to be one of the least intellectually curious people that I've ever met. Your whole thought process is maddening.

LOL...I'm not the one swallowing an internet meme hook, line, and sinker. Can you explain it or not? YOU posted it...dazzle me with your brilliance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT