ADVERTISEMENT

So Kirk had a plan?

So Jon Bud is an analyst? Former QB coach and OC now on staff. Wonder if he is OC in waiting when Brian becomes HC in 2 years? Either way excellent hire and Kirk once again proves he is in control and hiring great people. Hodge, Betts, Copeland and now Bud. Very nice.
These analysts apparently don't count against the 10 allowable coaching staff. Anyone know how much they get paid?

These analysts apparently don't count against the 10 allowable coaching staff. Anyone know how much they get paid?
Good question...I too was curious about that. Based on a quick google search it appears average annual football analyst salary at about $56,000 per year. Articles also mentioned a general range from $32,500 to $74,500, with some top outliers getting $102,000.

Last edited:
I’m not thrilled with Brian as the QB coach but frankly this entire year hinges on whether Kirk means what he says about QB being an open competition….if it’s a *wink wink-nudge nudge* “open” competition with Petras pre ordained as the starter barring an act of god….we could have Bill Walsh coaching the offense and QBs and it wouldn’t much matter.

Petras doesn’t have “it”, that bowl game should have made that 100% clear. And two years to back that assumption up is a large enough sample size in D1 football
I mean at this point Bill Walsh would be a terrible coach. Too soon? 😂 Sorry I couldn't resist.

Does this analyst fella know throwing lasers on crossing routes has a low percentage completion rate?

Or an inside pass to a RB 4 yards away? Maybe we can bounce one off Williams facemask before he has a chance to get his hands up like Petras did to Goodson a couple times last season.

Brian is a real genius. Har har har

Glad to see cmhawks licking coach taint before the season even begins. Bring on spring ball!
Gee, what a real peach you are. You always know where any debate stands when a lesser light or dim bulb, if you will, comes up with licking coach taint to deflect a lack of knowledge in response to rational information. Maybe you should sit a few plays off there champ, at least until they sort out the obvious concussion.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Gee, what a real peach you are. You always know where any debate stands when a lesser light or dim bulb, if you will, comes up with licking coach taint to deflect a lack of knowledge in response to rational information. Maybe you should sit a few plays off there champ, at least until they sort out the obvious concussion.
Yeah, you said a mouthful. He sounds like a j high student and his hatred of the Ferentzes really is obsessive.

Reactions: cmhawks99

They don’t realize it, they think they’re being funny and purposefully insulting, but most of us more insightful folks don’t take it personally in the least. It makes them look “dim” & as you said…incapable of any real skill at expressing themselves.

They’re not smart people….as I said earlier today, see ball chase ball type folks!

Last edited:
According to this article from Hawkcentral, he is volunteering which is surprising. I expect there is more to the story. Maybe Iowa is just paying his expenses until he finds a new position. If I recall, he can't spend time with the QB's on the field unless it is officially a practice.

Jon Budmayr Analyst

According to this article from Hawkcentral, he is volunteering which is surprising. I expect there is more to the story. Maybe Iowa is just paying his expenses until he finds a new position. If I recall, he can't spend time with the QB's on the field unless it is officially a practice.

Jon Budmayr Analyst

Still being paid by CSU I believe and he is coaching “Bryan” & the offensive coaches.

Yes I am sure it is beneficial for Bryan and the rest of the coaches. It is very good of him to take the time and energy to help out the program.

this may be wishful thinking but I’m hoping he can help push us over the hump in the Wisconsin game alone and if that, he would more than pay for being here.

LOL.. I didn’t start this thread, but then again you’ve never been that bright.

Honestly I’ve been on 30 or 40 message boards in the last 20 years & fans that are continually lambasting their coaches. Really they’re never very deep thinkers. Kind of “see ball”, chase ball type folk.

More often than not the coaches they are lambasting are being pined for somewhere else. It really is pretty funny if you read it as the tragic comedy it is!! 🤓

And the reason people like you say things like “apologist“ or “licking Taint“ or his dad or his brother or his mom is because you’re not intelligent enough to come up with an actual good argument… Most of us, if not every single one of us, have expressed frustration but we’re not intellectually stunted like you are.

We get the totality of the big picture. I doubt you can see anything more than straight ahead…

But then again I had a mother who forced me to think objectively and look far and wide at potential outcomes and consequences. Clearly you don’t have any real cognitive thinking skills…but carry-on though brother.

Anything else Alfred?

So you have defended this shitshow of an offense over and over again and want to talk about cognitive thinking skills?

What do you say now oh sage?

Put those cognitive thinking skills to use buddy.

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
I posted this in the spring depth chart thread.

As you can see, Kirk confirmed that former Wisconsin QB and Colorado State OC and QB coach Jonathon Budmyer is now an analyst on staff.

This appears to be a really good hire. Hopefully he is a great help in the QB room.

So did he help with QBs last year? Cuz if so, uh that was horrid.

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT