ADVERTISEMENT

So what is Lester’s offensive philosophy?

Some fans will defend this hire.

Phil should demand more $$$, because he will again be responsible for 75% of any future Iowa victories.

Then again, maybe Lester's alma mater calls and he goes back to coaching high school football?

Some fans will defend this hire.

Phil should demand more $$$, because he will again be responsible for 75% of any future Iowa victories.

Then again, maybe Lester's alma mater calls and he goes back to coaching high school football?
I would take Miller from Solon or Schulte from Xavier over Lester.

RPO guy, but doesn’t necessarily expect his QB to run. He just happened to have a really good runner for several years in Kaleb Eleby.

Not sure what many are looking for --
Lester's teams averaged ~30 points per game.
Mixed passing game, but usually had NFL caliber WRs (Skyy Moore, Jayden Reed, D'wayne Eskridge)

Hey Beth! Hope you r having a great day. Kirk just made you look like a fool. Your move girl.

It seems he was indeed the play caller at WMU.

Where are you seeing he was not? I’m only seeing reports that he was.

Everything you find on the internet for those teams was that Jake Moreland was the OC. After Moreland left for the NFL, there was a drop off in the offense. Lester was let go a couple years later.

3 months to hire a Guy nobody but Troy was after who was OC of a terrible Syracuse Team and was just slightly above average in the MAC and had wins vacated , Maybe He has figured out multiple cadences and snap counts since 2015 , very disappointing with all the Guys who decided to come back , I firmly believe this was a hire that was bungled throwing all His chips in on Chryst and one that was meant to not change the look of the Iowa offense much which makes me really wonder if it was also to protect Brian's reputation if in the at least even odds this hire goes horribly He can then say hey it wasn't Brian as He counts His money after retirement , That is My feeling after calming down . If the offense looks the same as a consumer this is a watch at home on TV Team so I can walk away and rake leaves to avoid berserker rage every game Day .The product has to be enjoyable and I am very leery that it will be now.

So what type of offense did western mich run? And sometimes HC call plays over the OC… do we know if he called plays as the HC, they did have some good offenses. I’d be interested in knowing the guys actual play calling experience and what type of offense they ran
Irrelevant.

He is running KF's offense. This hire has made that incredibly obvious.

Pisses me off because he could have just hired in house...and probably for less money.

Those plays work because WMU had legit NFL level WRs and a QB who threatened the Defenses with mobility and really bad MAC defenses , The time and space will be decreased by faster better Coached and more physical defenses , If this is the scheme I can see how the TEs and running backs can eat but Our WRs will be facing more press coverages taking away those screens and Lainez will have to be the starting QB , Cade will not get those edge rushers to come off the RBs in the RPOs and Deacon will fumble like 10 times trying to carry out the RPO fakes each Game , If it is Lainez and the WRs can improve it has a chance.

Everything you find on the internet for those teams was that Jake Moreland was the OC. After Moreland left for the NFL, there was a drop off in the offense. Lester was let go a couple years later.
We was play caller every year but his first. It’s not debatable.

He had OCs, but he was calling the plays. His first year it was Johns calling plays, ironically.

The issue is it doesn’t matter what a coach ran previously. They have to run Kirk’s offense

KOK put up huge numbers before joining Iowa. His offense was explosive and scored tons of points

GDGD ran a ton of zone read with QBs who could run and be mobile. He did bring his horizontal passing to Iowa and it was a disaster matched up with the zone blocking / running game

Brian was just horrible. There was no logic to his scheme or play calling. Worst I’ve ever seen.

Lester….if he has some niche, Kirk’s offense will kill it
Well said

Well, they just got lucky and pulled a rabbit out of their hat with Proctor transferring in. That alone should be a big boost to the running game and pass protection. Put a competent QB under center and the Hawks should see a spike in offensive production, no matter who is running the offense next year. If that had happened last year, I'm guessing Brian would still be on staff. A weak line and bad QB is a bad combination for any offensive coordinator. Not that Brian should have been kept, but bad timing for him!

Hey Beth! Hope you r having a great day. Kirk just made you look like a fool. Your move girl.
NO, Kirk made himself look like a fool. Most people can see that. He gave Beth a little more rope to hang him with. This will not end well...and it'll be largely Kirk's fault.

I read an article that blasted Lester saying every offensive play was at the same cadence and other Teams knew the exact snap count and would beat His own offense off the ball and He didn't adjust it over the entire course of His tenure there.
Then it must be true if you read an article.

Then it must be true if you read an article.

Sheldon-is-reading.gif

Reactions: Tunadog
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT