ADVERTISEMENT

So what will the rallying point for the Rs be?

What’s funny, @binsfeldcyhawk2 ?? Counter his point with facts. Thanks. You probably don’t think DeSantis created the Florida map either.
Deep breaths Tom.

The D gerrymandering attempt in New York got tossed.

Inflation and the border and their voters will still believe them.
Rs have severe structural problems. They've primaried nearly all of their good candidates. What's left are nutbags so it'll take years to purge all of the extremists. Honestly, I don't think the GOP has enough serious members to craft real policy even if they wanted to.

Again, could someone please explain to me what extreme policies democrats have? I need to know what policy thoughts I need to let go to move more to the middle. Unbelievable.
This is not intended to be confrontational, and readily admit my perceptions of democrat polices could be wrong. With that said, ending filibuster, adding states (DC, PR, etc), no restrictions on abortions, Universal Based Income, and "No More Drilling" seem to be extreme to me.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
This is not intended to be confrontational, and readily admit my perceptions of democrat polices could be wrong. With that said, ending filibuster, adding states (DC, PR, etc), no restrictions on abortions, Universal Based Income, and "No More Drilling" seem to be extreme to me.
The only filibuster change that could theoretically happen is the talking filibuster which both sides agree with.

I've seen no real talk about adding states.

I've seen no Dems pushing for no restrictions on abortion.

I've seen no talks on universal income.

And drilling is still legal. There is no push to end drilling.

What issue will re-energize the Rs to regroup after their loss? I'm racking my brain for anything good. Inflation didn't work. Crime didn't work. CRT, trans kids, radical leftists, Nancy Pelosi. They all failed. So what will the Rs rally behind?
Buy your tickets NOW! THE BIG RED TSUNAMI is first come. first served....seating is limited!

What issue will re-energize the Rs to regroup after their loss? I'm racking my brain for anything good. Inflation didn't work. Crime didn't work. CRT, trans kids, radical leftists, Nancy Pelosi. They all failed. So what will the Rs rally behind?
I'm still trying to understand why people want all those things to continue. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated
The only filibuster change that could theoretically happen is the talking filibuster which both sides agree with.

I've seen no real talk about adding states.

I've seen no Dems pushing for no restrictions on abortion.

I've seen no talks on universal income.

And drilling is still legal. There is no push to end drilling.

Great to hear! So, is it fair to say that you would vote against any democrat who supports ending filibuster, adding states, no restrictions on abortion, endorsed universal based income, and supported an end to drilling?

One more extreme position I have heard is that democrats want to add SCOTUS seats. Would you vote against any democrat who supports adding SCOTUS positions?

Please explain.
Policy is straight forward. Economy, environment, foreign affairs, defense spending, etc. Fringe topics like election denial, "late term abortion," position on Jan 6, impeaching Biden, and so on, are the type of topics that piss off moderate voters who don't give 2 shits about those things.

I'm still trying to understand why people want all those things to continue. 🤷‍♂️
maybe because most folks understand they are transitional issues at best? Maybe folks are understanding that other than tax cuts for the wealthy, the modern day GOP has NO suggestions or solutions for "problems" America suffers?

Great to hear! So, is it fair to say that you would vote against any democrat who supports ending filibuster, adding states, no restrictions on abortion, endorsed universal based income, and supported an end to drilling?

One more extreme position I have heard is that democrats want to add SCOTUS seats. Would you vote against any democrat who supports adding SCOTUS positions?

NCH5

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Deep breaths Tom.

Tom has been weirdly unhinged lately.

None of those are on the ballot.

That said, I personally want DC and PR added, I want universal income paid for by severe taxation on rich people. I want more judges. I want universal healthcare.

But none of those things will happen with the Dems, because the Dems are actually centrists. People like me don't vote D because we believe we'll get our way. We vote D because the Rs are complete nutbags.

Last edited:
We'll see. And, hopefully, House Republicans won't waste time, money and energy on a witch hunt. It would be nice if the country could move forward without extremism.

Wake me when your bad dream ends, Are We.......talking about it and having it happen are two different things! Remember how you and yours were gonna replace ACA?

We'll see. And, hopefully, House Republicans won't waste time, money and energy on a witch hunt. It would be nice if the country could move forward without extremism.
At this point I just want two functioning parties. Because right now all we have is one. I desperately want the GOP to grow up. Unfortunately for them they will likely need to purge 90% of their ranks to even start, though. So it'll be a while.

Reactions: franklinman
NY had R gerrymandering? How so? D’s control the state legislature…lopsidedly

Hochul only beat Zeldin by 5 pts…that explains the R’s picking up seats there..not gerrymandering

Cuomo won by 25 pts in 2018 for reference

that seems to be a tactic used by both parties
How so? Democrats don't try to take individual rights and freedoms away from anybody. Women and the LGBTQ community would compare to what exactly from Democrats? An example would be cool.

Guns aren't individuals, btw, and the arguement there assumes Democrats want to take away all guns, which they don't.

Democrats want Christianity to mind it's own business and respect our the secularism defined in our constitution. Damned busybodies.

Did they lose the house? I must have been sleeping when they called it.

• Haha
Deep breaths Tom.

I don’t see where Tom responded to this. Did he implode?

How so? Democrats don't try to take individual rights and freedoms away from anybody. Women and the LGBTQ community would compare to what exactly from Democrats? An example would be cool.

Guns aren't individuals, btw, and the arguement there assumes Democrats want to take away all guns, which they don't.

Democrats want Christianity to mind it's own business and respect our the secularism defined in our constitution. Damned busybodies.
I was responding to a post talking about R's engaging in fear mongering. If you don't think D's did the same thing on the campaign trail, then you are in denial.

• Haha
Wake me when your bad dream ends, Are We.......talking about it and having it happen are two different things! Remember how you and yours were gonna replace ACA?
If D's don't resort to extreme policies, then those bad dreams will end.

Link to me wanting to replace ACA?

• Haha
At this point I just want two functioning parties. Because right now all we have is one. I desperately want the GOP to grow up. Unfortunately for them they will likely need to purge 90% of their ranks to even start, though. So it'll be a while.
We all want two functioning parties. If the D's end filibuster, add states, end drilling, pass a law allowing abortions without restrictions, implement UBI and add SCOTUS seats, then it will mean they are not a functioning party. All of this would be extreme.

I'm guessing with the way the youth vote went against the Rs that they will try to raise the voting age to 21 again.

They may have already lost the younger generation.

That said, I personally want DC and PR added, I want universal income paid for by severe taxation on rich people. I want more judges. I want universal healthcare.

But none of those things will happen with the Dems, because the Dems are actually centrists. People like me don't vote D because we believe we'll get our way. We vote D because the Rs are complete nutbags.
I consider this extreme, but it is ok for us to disagree.

Lumping all R's into category of complete nutbags is the same as lumping all D's as complete nutbags. neither is true. You lose credibility with statements like this.

• Haha
The strategy of the Radical Right...they'll keep replaying the videos from 2017-2019 where they show some immigrant caravan coming from Central America.

The same videos they ran in 2022 before the midterms.

BTW: For the slow learners, all those occurred during the Trump administration.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT