ADVERTISEMENT

So what will the rallying point for the Rs be?

You'll have to excuse @binsfeldcyhawk2

He's in direct, deflect and defend mode. My guess is the victim card will be played shortly.
He’s right about this issue though. The maps originally drawn in New York were clearly partisan which is against the state constitution which is why they were redrawn.

On one hand I think it sucks because if Democrats in New York were able to draw maps in the same fashion as Republicans in Texas the Democrats would have almost assuredly held the house. On the other hand I think partisan gerrymandering is bad so I can’t really be mad when maps that are clearly partisan are rejected, no matter which side is doing it.

Not you.....but Trump, McConnell, and every damn GOP candidate campaigning for Congress in 2016....I read quickly...didn't know this was "all about you" ....sorry.
I appreciate the response. I do have a couple of extreme right positions, but I generally consider myself moderate.

Lmao - you're an idiot.
You don't think D's were spreading these fear mongering ideas leading up to election day? Help me understand where I am wrong. It seemed obvious to me that D's were hitting this hard on the campaign trail.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
You don't think D's were spreading these fear mongering ideas leading up to election day? Help me understand where I am wrong. It seemed obvious to me that D's were hitting this hard on the campaign trail.
You are not wrong, but this is the standard response you will get from HROT libs when they don’t have any rebuttal

This is not intended to be confrontational, and readily admit my perceptions of democrat polices could be wrong. With that said, ending filibuster, adding states (DC, PR, etc), no restrictions on abortions, Universal Based Income, and "No More Drilling" seem to be extreme to me.
Who, specifically, were running on these issues? There has been talk about ending the filibuster but I know of no one making that a prominent part of their campaign. Likewise adding states - that's been tossed around for decades but there's been no activity. Few, if any, are talking about no restrictions on abortions - the argument has been about overruling Roe which had restrictions Dems lived with for decades. UBI is an experiment a few communities are running with some positive results, it appears. Still, few are making it part of their policy proposals other than Yang and he left to start his own party. "No more drilling" is simply more propaganda from the right. There are 9000+ unused leases out there already.

It appears you've been duped as well.

Reactions: nelly02
I think Dems hit two issues with some universality....the SC decision to end “choice” and turn it over to States and the “threat to democracy” that resulted from the events of 1/6/21.
They reasonable with most folks because....all women will be affected by a new lottery of where you live as far as birth control is concerned ( because there are stAtes thT are not stopping with abortion curbs) and most Americans observed the events of 1/6 and most who saw, are lucid enough to see what indeed was happenening and don’t want the American compromise ended as Trump and his followers were proposing.

Who, specifically, were running on these issues? There has been talk about ending the filibuster but I know of no one making that a prominent part of their campaign. Likewise adding states - that's been tossed around for decades but there's been no activity. Few, if any, are talking about no restrictions on abortions - the argument has been about overruling Roe which had restrictions Dems lived with for decades. UBI is an experiment a few communities are running with some positive results, it appears. Still, few are making it part of their policy proposals other than Yang and he left to start his own party. "No more drilling" is simply more propaganda from the right. There are 9000+ unused leases out there already.

At first I thought that Cross wanted a real conversation about all this. It appears I was wrong.

Republicans (MAGAts) are who is running on these talking points Riley. Rank and file voting Dems, not so much....but FOX News and other right wing fringe news organizations tell their flock several times a day, “ these are” the Democrat talking
Lints...but they are not.

GrOuPies are in for a rude awakening. They only had sporadic success before Cheeto. It typically required a once in several generations talent like Reagan or allowing billionaires and their dirty tricksters to run unchecked for a couple decades for them to win.

If democrats and their voters learned anything from the past couple decades, we need to heavily tax income above a certain level, jail the crooks without exception, and clean up the airwaves. Look at any healthy first world nation, which we currently are not, and they do all of these, and more. These are where we need to start.

Reactions: nelly02
Personally, I think we should get to the left of democrats on baby killing... KILL THEM ALL... and then say democrats are crazy for not wanting to murder ALL the babies... then just let it burn baby LET IT BURN.

Would be cool if they ran a minority against Biden. Then they could play identity politics. And say we don't need an old rich white guy as president.

AreWeCross said:
taking away ssi, ending gay marriage, ending interracial marriage, taking away reproductive rights

Show me where Democrats wanted to take away SSI(?) - but SS isn't a human being - pffft.

Ending gay marriage??? Omfg.

Interracial marriage???? WHERE??

Holy shit, do you vote?

AreWeCross said:
taking away ssi, ending gay marriage, ending interracial marriage, taking away reproductive rights

Show me where Democrats wanted to take away SSI(?) - but SS isn't a human being - pffft.

Ending gay marriage??? Omfg.

Interracial marriage???? WHERE??

Holy shit, do you vote?
I think there is some miscommunication. You must be reading a response to a response to a response....

To be clear, I have never said or believed that D's want to take away SSI or end gay/interracial marriage. Do you think I posted this somewhere?

This look familiar?
It does look familiar. A poster asked me for examples of D's fearmongering. These are not examples of what D's were wanting done. These are examples of what D's were saying R's were going to do.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
That’s because several House and Senate Republicans have actually said they will, along with Medicare. Believe them.

It will end their political careers, but they will have reached the goal set by their taskmasters.
Boy nobody fear mongers like democrats… it’s how we got into the COVID mess like people wanting to kill grandma…lies like don’t say gay, voter suppression in Georgia, climate change, everything is a crisis and the world is always coming to an end.

Reactions: anon_911569jwrmy3z
oreally.jpg
You and I both know that is not true
https://www.speaker.gov/newsroom/91922-1

https://www.americanprogress.org/ar...-default-to-cut-social-security-and-medicare/

https://www.latimes.com/business/st...ecurity-medicare-if-they-take-power?_amp=true

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/02/us/politics/republicans-social-security-medicare.html

https://www.cbpp.org/research/feder...ax-cuts-for-the-wealthy-proposes-deep-program

Trump won't find enough support,.. just a question of when this becomes apparent to him.
He will have massive support. Rs will forgive him for the midterms because they have no choice. They are desperate to get back in power. And desperate people do desperate things like supporting a traitor.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
He will have massive support. Rs will forgive him for the midterms because they have no choice. They are desperate to get back in power. And desperate people do desperate things like supporting a traitor.

Trump will flounder and not get the nomination,.. if I'm wrong and he does get the nomination he will fail.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT