ADVERTISEMENT

So who is going to be the VP pick?

Who is the VP pick for Trump?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Vance has been very opportunistic at applying the timeless wisdom of Creed Bratton.
quote-i-ve-been-involved-in-a-number-of-cults-both-as-a-leader-and-a-follower-you-have-more-creed-bratton-63-28-94.jpg

Interesting piece, and I mostly agree with the conclusions. I kind of disagree with the notion that people are mostly either broken, or in not, live in broken communities. Certainly the MAGA slogan would be attractive to those folks. I think Trump's appeal has always been about distrust of government, and government trying to control our lives. I think if we took various issues on their face, without attaching a political identity to those issues, people would mostly agree with concepts around those issues.

Most people don't want to be called stupid, and when offended by that, tend to dig in. It's ironic because the intellectually smug folks don't understand human nature.

The left also have the advantage of appealing to the population that wants the government to take care of them, and others, at the expense of taxpayers. That's tough to overcome. Roughly 1/3 of working age people aren't working.
Why don’t they care when Trump calls his base stupid? He despises them and laughs at them. Many from his previous cabinet have talked about his scorn for his voters.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
Politically I think this is more of swinging the midwest purple states. I don’t think Trump cares about what he said because he needs those swing states and JD is the best chance in Trump mind.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT