ADVERTISEMENT

So who is still voting for Trump?

From your article.

“‘The fact is that, look, we should not be locking people up,” Biden said at a June 2019 Democratic primary debate. “We should be making sure we change the circumstance - as we did - why they would leave in the first place. And those who come seeking asylum, we should immediately have the capacity to absorb them, keep them safe until they can be heard.”

“Our Statue of Liberty, not very far from here says, invites us to welcome the tired, the poor, the huddled masses yearning to be free,” he said in a speech in July 2019. “I’ll reverse Trump’s detrimental asylum policies.”

I will vote for Trump knowing I don't agree with some of his positions. With Trump, our country was much better off than our current state. The border issue alone should disqualify Biden in any voters mind.

From your article.

“‘The fact is that, look, we should not be locking people up,” Biden said at a June 2019 Democratic primary debate. “We should be making sure we change the circumstance - as we did - why they would leave in the first place. And those who come seeking asylum, we should immediately have the capacity to absorb them, keep them safe until they can be heard.”

“Our Statue of Liberty, not very far from here says, invites us to welcome the tired, the poor, the huddled masses yearning to be free,” he said in a speech in July 2019. “I’ll reverse Trump’s detrimental asylum policies.”
Do you think that didn’t get a few thousand more migrants on their way?

2019. And talking about asylum seekers. And not what you claimed it was.

You are beginning to get to Faulty level misrepresentation.
You are moving the goal posts. He was telling them to come to the border . You can deny that, but it’s right there for the world to see. Do you think the migrant caravans understand nuances of politics? No. They heard the Democratic candidate say we will absorb you. Game on

Do you think that didn’t get a few thousand more migrants on their way?
So what? It certainly didn't cause the issues that have been around for many, many years. We need immigration in this country to support economic growth.

Are you suggesting the US should be closed to immigration?

You are moving the goal posts. He was telling them to come to the border . You can deny that, but it’s right there for the world to see. Do you think the migrant caravans understand nuances of politics? No. They heard the Democratic candidate say we will absorb you. Game on
LOL - it's incomprehensible that you think something Biden said in 2019 about our country accepting and treating immigrants with dignity is the root cause of the issues around immigration. That clearly demonstrates how influenced you are by right wing propaganda.

There is a bi-partisan Senate bill to address immigration issues that Biden will sign if it is approved by the House. What do you think is the major reason why they won't even bring it to vote?

LOL - it's incomprehensible that you think something Biden said in 2019 about our country accepting and treating immigrants with dignity is the root cause of the issues around immigration. That clearly demonstrates how influenced you are by right wing propaganda.

There is a bi-partisan Senate bill to address immigration issues that Biden will sign if it is approved by the House. What do you think is the major reason why they won't even bring it to vote?

The Senate didn't even pass it,.. that would appear to be a fairly major reason.

You don’t think those comments and migrants knowing liberals were more open for immigration? You live in a left wing snow globe.

The Senate didn't even pass it,.. that would appear to be a fairly major reason.
It was agreed to and they had the votes until Trump intervened. He wants to use it to fuel his campaign and has no interest in measures to make it better.

That's not something reported in the right wing propaganda so it's unsurprising if you are unaware.

You don’t think those comments and migrants knowing liberals were more open for immigration? You live in a left wing snow globe.
More than Trump? Of course. The comments had nothing to do with that. It's about how immigrants are treated once they arrive.

Are you saying that separating families, locking up children and treating immigrants inhumanely is the policy you want to go with?

• Haha
Reactions: FAUlty Gator
You guys are still going in this thread?

Hey guys, this place is like 15 liberals all posting under multiple usernames fillating each other with a few repubs mixed in and another dozen stalkers. There is a reason the golf outing got 3 people and the free basketball contest got like 15. People are going to vote for who they think best, go talk to your neighbor and touch some grass.

It was agreed to and they had the votes until Trump intervened. He wants to use it to fuel his campaign and has no interest in measures to make it better. That's not something reported in the right wing propaganda so it's unsurprising if you are unaware.
So not passed by the Senate then,.. glad you agree.

I will vote for Trump knowing I don't agree with some of his positions. With Trump, our country was much better off than our current state. The border issue alone should disqualify Biden in any voters mind.
I know our country is better off now than it was under Trump, so I'm voting for Biden. Trump will only do what's right for Trump.

The border issue doesn't affect me much. Like the last 10-15 years.

No. Do you agree that it was an agreed upon, bi-partisan bill? Do you agree it hasn't passed because Trump intervened? I don't expect an answer.
No,.. a true bipartisan bill would have been passed with a bipartisan vote,.. Having a lone Republican involved in the creation of a failed bill doesn't make it a bipartisan bill, it just makes it a bipartisan bad idea...

Reactions: hexumhawk
No,.. a true bipartisan bill would have been passed with a bipartisan vote,.. Having a lone Republican involved in the creation of a failed bill doesn't make it a bipartisan bill, it just makes it a bipartisan bad idea...
It wasn't a lone republican who agreed to it. Another demonstration of how misinformed you are.

It wasn't a lone republican who agreed to it. Another demonstration of how misinformed you are.

Lone Republican involved with "creation" of the failed bill,.. yet another demonstration of your inability to read.

Hey guys, this place is like 15 liberals all posting under multiple usernames fillating each other with a few repubs mixed in and another dozen stalkers. There is a reason the golf outing got 3 people and the free basketball contest got like 15. People are going to vote for who they think best, go talk to your neighbor and touch some grass.
I’m all for another golf outing. Make it in Eastern Iowa though. :)

Roe v Wade wasn't overturned. It was taken out of the Federal hands and handed back to the States to decide. It was put back to the way the ruling was originally written and given back to the legislators to pass a bill.

I don't know how this happened, but just because I don't agree with everything the left pushes, doesn't make me a Trump supporter either. So, you can stop acting like a 5-year-old who didn't get his way and started calling people names.
No, the privacy right was taken away from the individual.

Reactions: RileyHawk
In what way?
Roe recognized that women had a fundamental right that could not be infringed by the government (state or federal) within the first trimester. Casey case changed the standard from the messy trimester scheme under Roe to viability. That right was taken away and now the government can infringe (ie ban abortion) at any time.

Roe recognized that women had a fundamental right that could not be infringed by the government (state or federal) within the first trimester. Casey case changed the standard from the messy trimester scheme under Roe to viability. That right was taken away and now the government can infringe (ie ban abortion) at any time.
Didn't answer the privacy part of your statement.

Blackmun explains that the right to be free from government interference in getting an abortion or any other medical decision is found in the Constitution under the right to privacy. The right to privacy is inferred under the penumbra of the bill of rights.
So, this is the sticky part, once the heartbeat starts, when does it become illegal to abort. The constitution doesn't allow for murder.

The court ruled that the states are in charge of abortion rights and not the government. Until such legislation is passed (which the Dems have had their chances at passing but did nothing), the Federal government has no authority for any laws because no laws have been passed.

• Haha

The golf outing got three people because a high percentage of people on this board are completely consumed with politics, and would rather see people as “Username X, political view R” instead of maybe having an actual interaction with someone and worse yet, having fun and possibly liking a poster they are not supposed to.

Lone Republican involved with "creation" of the failed bill,.. yet another demonstration of your inability to read.
WTF? Do you think only those who create a bill can support it?

One r, one D, one I - as bipartisan as it gets.

WTF? Do you think only those who create a bill can support it?

One r, one D, one I - as bipartisan as it gets.

Wasn't talking about support, was talking about creation,.. .... Can't you read?, or is comprehension the issue?,.. wtf.

Wasn't talking about support, was talking about creation,.. .... Can't you read?, or is comprehension the issue?,.. wtf.
Can you comprehend? A bill requires support to pass. Any Senator can create a bill. This one was created in a bipartisan manner and had bipartisan support to pass until Trump got involved.

Your claim that it wasn't a bipartisan bill is wrong.

Can you comprehend? A bill requires support to pass. Any Senator can create a bill. This one was created in a bipartisan manner and had bipartisan support to pass until Trump got involved.

Your claim that it wasn't a bipartisan bill is wrong.

A Democrat, a Republican and an Independent walk into a bar claiming to have created a bipartisan bill to solve the border crisis,... Punchline being that said bipartisan bill didn't offer real solutions and hence garnered inadequate support for even a vote,... Funny shit.

• Haha
A Democrat, a Republican and an Independent walk into a bar claiming to have created a bipartisan bill to solve the border crisis,... Punchline being that said bipartisan bill didn't offer real solutions and hence garnered inadequate support for even a vote,... Funny shit.
Then why not keep working on it? It has bipartisan support, but not enough apparently. So make changes, amendments, whatever to keep something in the works.

Are they still working on it? I haven't heard much about it since the speaker wouldn't allow it to come forward. If this is such a huge problem, they should be working on it, correct?

Seems like the issue has ground to a halt just when Trump said he needs this issue to run on. If that is truly the case, in can't be that big of a problem if congress wants to wait on it to appease Trump.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT