ADVERTISEMENT

Soldier Salute Session 1 Thread

You have to let the elite wrestlers go at their desired weights. Especially freshman. I don’t remember you trying to get Spencer to go at 133. What’s up with that?
Yeah if you think that’s the same situation than idk what to tell ya

I don't know what was more hideous, AJ's hair or his singlet. Disgusting on both accounts, but at least his wrestling looked good.

Absolutely hated the showboating at the end. Just f*cking wrestle and end it.

Metcalf is a bit of a b*tch these days too, but I don't want to see someone that's not even officially on the team jawing with him. Stupid look and I can't imagine Sorensen or Marinelli liking it either.

You think Gable approves? I doubt it
I don't think Gable minds at all, if you were around when he coached he had quite a few characters on his teams and they did things different and were dam good. The outsiders don't like the cocky arrogant athletes hell alott of people don't like CC on the basketball court for the same reason but look what draws the fans.

A jr/sr transfer next year would be amazing,

is the team not better cal 65, pk 74, gabe 84? I don’t like it but I think Gabe would do better than riggins in march. Gabe should be the 74, but pk couldn’t do 84
I'm with you, team wise, the most points we score as a team would be 165 Cali, 174 PK, 184 Gabe. Only other comparable point total would be 165 Cali/PK, 174 Arnold, 184 Glazier, but according to some Glazier can not go down to 184.

Reactions: sdvike
I don't think Gable minds at all, if you were around when he coached he had quite a few characters on his teams and they did things different and were dam good. The outsiders don't like the cocky arrogant athletes hell alott of people don't like CC on the basketball court for the same reason but look what draws the fans.
I’ve been following the Hawkeyes since 91-92. I don’t recall any of the Hawks ever having sexual assault charges filed against them.

One match. First match. Wrestling unattached. Against a nobody in a nothing tournament. And how many posts already about his in-match / after-match extracurriculars? For those that really want this… wow.
I didn't really like it, but it seemed clear to me the ISU wrestler/coaches deserved a little of it. Sadly, this may become a bit like some of Desanto's matches, with some guys doing shit to try and egg him on. Will need more restraint for sure, but I'm not giving all other wrestlers/coaches a pass either.

The best part is they were urging him to wrestle when instead is inclination was to worry about fans or opposing coaches or whatever the heck it was that had him distracted late. Just wrestle, dude.

This is the kind of crap people hated him for but now certain people are lapping it up like a thirsty dog.
It was cringe. Dude he wrestled is the 4th string guy. Needs to dominate, flex and get off the mat. Non of the shushing and kisses.

As of now we’re projected 65 point behind them and that’s not counting the bonus points they’ll get. A whole lot would need to happen
That's also not counting AJ or Anthony Ferrari. That's counting Ayala as the 18th ranked guy. Do the math, If they lose a big dawg we are right back in it as long as the sports cars are in the line up

I like it, we need to get back to the bad boy image of the hawkeye wrestling dynasty that Gable built. I t has been gone far to long.
True. Metcalf was an asshole other teams hated, but we loved. Same with Desantos his first few years. He was like taming a wild horse, but we all love him now. AJ is like a fart. When it yours, you can enjoy them much more than when they are someone else’s😄😄

I'm glad AJ is on our team I just wished the trolls didn't post pics of his nutsack in the Twitter comments when all this shit was happening. Unfortunately I seen his bean bag like eight times. 😐

• Haha
Reactions: ping72
The stupid things people get upset about. Metcalf was whining , aj shushed him. Gabe spanking his opponent literally n figuratively. Lfg hawks. Wins n entertainment, sign me up
After seeing it, was nothing. The way some of you haters described it, I thought they were nose to nose about to throw hands. For the first time back on mat in almost 2 years I would have expected more celebration. He was much worse than that at okst. At least his singlet had colors similar to Iowa’s.

I’ve been following the Hawkeyes since 91-92. I don’t recall any of the Hawks ever having sexual assault charges filed against them.
Brother, whether you want to believe it or not this is a much different world than the 90s…a lot of things could have happened charges wise that we would have never heard of. And I’m not saying anything is ok, just the opposite, but I am saying that regardless of what charges were filed no convictions came from it and he’s now on our team now. Just like the quote from the movie Hoosiers, “this is your team.” Love em or hate em whichever 10 are on the mat when all is said and done represent our school. We need to embrace our team and move the fu*k on. We win and lose as a team.

As of now we’re projected 65 point behind them and that’s not counting the bonus points they’ll get. A whole lot would need to happen
PSU IOWA
125 0 10
133 10 2
141 18 22
149 2 10
157 20 15
165 8 10
174 22 4
184 12 16 (I think Gabe can place top 4 in this weight)Bernie gets 4th
197 23 20 Coin flip, I'll give slight edge to Brooks over AJ
285 22 3(I hope Kueter can prove me wrong, I project him rd12)

total 137 122
Like I said we are 1 PSU Hammer away from contending.
That being said, Iowa would have to stay healthy, get both Ferrari's in the line up and pull Gabe's shirt to wrestle 184. Oh and all wrestle a great NCAA tourney.

So you're telling me there's a chance.

he’s now on our team now. Just like the quote from the movie Hoosiers, “this is your team.” Love em or hate em whichever 10 are on the mat when all is said and done represent our school. We need to embrace our team and move the fu*k on. We win and lose as a team.
Has he been added to the Team officially?

Brother, whether you want to believe it or not this is a much different world than the 90s…a lot of things could have happened charges wise that we would have never heard of. And I’m not saying anything is ok, just the opposite, but I am saying that regardless of what charges were filed no convictions came from it and he’s now on our team now. Just like the quote from the movie Hoosiers, “this is your team.” Love em or hate em whichever 10 are on the mat when all is said and done represent our school. We need to embrace our team and move the fu*k on. We win and lose as a team.
EXACTLY!! None of us know if he raped that girl or not. So do as I'm going to do, pretend in your head that you're certain he's not a rapist and be proud he's representing our University. LETS F*****G GO HAWKS!!!!!

PSU IOWA
125 0 10
133 10 2
141 18 22
149 2 10
157 20 15
165 8 10
174 22 4
184 12 16 (I think Gabe can place top 4 in this weight)Bernie gets 4th
197 23 20 Coin flip, I'll give slight edge to Brooks over AJ
285 22 3(I hope Kueter can prove me wrong, I project him rd12)

total 137 122
Like I said we are 1 PSU Hammer away from contending.
That being said, Iowa would have to stay healthy, get both Ferrari's in the line up and pull Gabe's shirt to wrestle 184. Oh and all wrestle a great NCAA tourney.

So you're telling me there's a chance.
I’m curious what the point projections were in 2021 at this same time? Things change.

Reactions: blcoach80
That's also not counting AJ or Anthony Ferrari. That's counting Ayala as the 18th ranked guy. Do the math, If they lose a big dawg we are right back in it as long as the sports cars are in the line up

Intermat has it at 72 and that’s with VV 8th. They have Glazier 19th, not sure if they give a point for that or not. Give Iowa 25-30 net, subtract 25 for a PSU injury and it’s still a long shot.

Wait, this is what some of you are crying about? 😂

I was expecting much worse based on some of the responses here, holy shit lol.

They left out all the shushing and pointing he was doing while the match was going on. What they showed here is not a big deal, just a guy happy to be on the mat and getting a win. Plus, his reputation factors in.

At the end of the day, he’s a boorish prick. But like it or not, he’s our boorish prick.

Intermat has it at 72 and that’s with VV 8th. They have Glazier 19th, not sure if they give a point for that or not. Give Iowa 25-30 net, subtract 25 for a PSU injury and it’s still a long shot.

They left out all the shushing he was doing while the match was going on. And his reputation factors in.

At the end of the day, he’s a boorish prick. But like it or not, he’s our boorish prick.
Going to be a long season for you lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT