ADVERTISEMENT

Soldier Salute Session 1 Thread

1 more PSU guy gets injured, sick, or chokes at D1's, Iowa is right back in the team title conversation.
1 more PSU guy gets injured, sick, or chokes at D1's, Iowa is right back in the team title conversation. Shit happens.
And 1 iowa guy craps the bed or gets hurt and you could miss the podium all together…..it’s easy to play the what if game

EXACTLY!! None of us know if he raped that girl or not. So do as I'm going to do, pretend in your head that you're certain he's not a rapist and be proud he's representing our University. LETS F*****G GO HAWKS!!!!!
And Tom himself was charged at one time and Gable still took him. The charges were dropped, so time to move on. Same with Gable Steveson, people moved on

Brother, whether you want to believe it or not this is a much different world than the 90s…a lot of things could have happened charges wise that we would have never heard of. And I’m not saying anything is ok, just the opposite, but I am saying that regardless of what charges were filed no convictions came from it and he’s now on our team now. Just like the quote from the movie Hoosiers, “this is your team.” Love em or hate em whichever 10 are on the mat when all is said and done represent our school. We need to embrace our team and move the fu*k on. We win and lose as a team.
Not only no convictions, no trial, which means no real case against him. If you only knew the way the wrestlers treated women they picked up at the meat market bars in Iowa city in the 1980’s, you would think AJ is a fine gentleman.

Do we like AJ Ferrari shushing and blowing kisses at Metcalf? This saga doesn’t seem like it’s going to end well……
Why, because Metcalf was being an arse and chirping at AJ?

If a little flex and jawing with Metcalf (who gets more cringe the longer he's at isu) means it's not going to end well, then I guess we have a lot of wrestlers and coaches whose saga won't end well.

Metcalf ain't a Hawk anymore and he spends a lot of time chirping at our guys. Screw him!

Not only no convictions, no trial, which means no real case against him. If you only knew the way the wrestlers treated women they picked up at the meat market bars in Iowa city in the 1980’s, you would think AJ is a fine gentleman.
Bingo! And im glad you or one of the guys mentioned a couple other icons who were charged at one time. Hopefully that will get folks to let it go and act like we want the guy on the team. If he reads some of this shit on this forum he’s likely to say “fu*k you assholes” and go somewhere else. And there’s no doubt that some of our rivals would take him and the clan in a second. And then next year we’d have a top 15 team and everyone would be wanting TnT’s heads for letting the Ferrari clan get away.

And Tom himself was charged at one time and Gable still took him. The charges were dropped, so time to move on. Same with Gable Steveson, people moved on
Steveson disrespected big Sam, our coaches and crowd in Carver his freshman year. Next year started season with sex abuse charges. Charges dropped and by his last season was getting a standing ovation in Carver. If we can do that for a rival, I think we can cut AJ some slack

Holy shit there are a lot of whiney bitches on here. The fact is AJ will likely be a hawk, brands and co appear to be all in. What’s the point of coming to a thread that Hawkeye fans and parents read and bash a college kid? He’s a f’ing Hawkeye now. Support him or don’t. Just shut the hell up and stop bashing him publicly. Bitch to your wife or buddies. You chicken shits running your mouths would be singing an entirely different tune if AJ or his family was standing in front of you.

Right right right. Im sure you’d peacock up, right? Sure tell us how badass you once were. Let’s be honest, you wouldn’t say shit, that’s why you’re posting anonymously on a message board.

Why, because Metcalf was being an arse and chirping at AJ?

If a little flex and jawing with Metcalf (who gets more cringe the longer he's at isu) means it's not going to end well, then I guess we have a lot of wrestlers and coaches whose saga won't end well.

Metcalf ain't a Hawk anymore and he spends a lot of time chirping at our guys. Screw him!
Metcalf needs to spend more time worrying about his guys. At the duel he spent more time watching and chirping at the Iowa bench then he did coaching his guys

Is this another one of your stories like the illiterate wrestlers?

Why are these brackets not on track or flo?…

Because they are on Smoothcomp.

165 caliendo
174 kennedy
184 Gabe

Seems to make waaay more sense for team scoring at nationals. Bumping kennedy out and leaving a hole at 184 doesn’t make sense. Gabe has show he can AA at 84.

You guys can keep posting this until you’re blue in the face but it doesn’t change the fact that at last count, Gabe doesn’t want to wrestle 184.

Go watch the match. It was constant showboating. Standing straight up, throwing arms up in the air, etc. in a manner to say I don’t actually have to try to wrestle you.

Once again, much ado about nothing. Nothing wrong with how he wrestled or his attitude.

165 caliendo
174 kennedy
184 Gabe

Seems to make waaay more sense for team scoring at nationals. Bumping kennedy out and leaving a hole at 184 doesn’t make sense. Gabe has show he can AA at 84.
You don't adjust the wrestlers for the team. Wrestling is an INDIVIDUAL sport. If he can't beat Caliendo or Gabe then Kennedy gets what is left. You get what you earn.

You don't adjust the wrestlers for the team. Wrestling is an INDIVIDUAL sport. If he can't beat Caliendo or Gabe then Kennedy gets what is left. You get what you earn.
I’m fine with it but other teams definitely do it. Messenbrink is doing it for Penn state right now I’m pretty sure, I think he was expected to be a 57 but Haines is there

I’m fine with it but other teams definitely do it. Messenbrink is doing it for Penn state right now I’m pretty sure, I think he was expected to be a 57 but Haines is there

Of course they do. We’ve had guys do it, too. Nelson Brands ring a bell?

Reactions: el dub
Couldn't imagine stopping in to drop this nugget about a quality backup type guy that is wrestling up 2 weight classes for the team (and because it's the only place he has a spot). Go find something better to do with your life.
I may have been a little too harsh you are correct but clearly he ain’t the answer at 184 we need

I suspect the interaction between AJ and lil Metcalf could POSSIBLY be related to Chittum bailing to Ames because of his dislike for the Ferrari family?

It's good for the rivalry since ISU is still Iowa's lil bitch on the mat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT