ADVERTISEMENT

Soldier Salute Session 1 Thread

Exactly so acting like people don’t go unideal weights for the team is silly
Kemmerer 157 to 174 to do marrinelli a big favor. He should of gone 165 and win several titles. AM coupdnt of done worse at 74 that he did at 65

Because (for the 4th time) he doesn’t want to. I typed it slower that time. You can make a true frosh wrestle up a weight if he’s not all in. Maybe he changes his mind.

Kemmerer 157 to 174 to do marrinelli a big favor. He should of gone 165 and win several titles. AM coupdnt of done worse at 74 that he did at 65

Why do you think it was a favor and not because he couldn’t beat him out? Regardless, within about a year of the move he was too big for 165 anyway.

Big difference between being the backup at a weight and bumping up cause you've found a spot open for you vs. being good enough to choose your weight and bumping up to a less ideal weight solely for the team.

I can't think of anybody recently (our team) that's bumped up to a less ideal weight class when they had pick of the litter.

The difference is Arnold is a possible high AA as a true freshman wrestling at his optimum weight. If he wrestles a great tournament could find himself in the finals. 184 seems more like a roll of the dice. They need to do what’s best for him not hopes that it makes the team a few points better

Reactions: el dub
Especially if they can’t win the spot at their ideal weight. But Gabe’s the man at 174 and that’s the weight he wants to compete at. (He’s a 5’7” freshman competing at 174.) And he’s on record as not wanting to go at 184. That SHOULD be the end of the story….

Because (for the 4th time) he doesn’t want to. I typed it slower that time. You can make a true frosh wrestle up a weight if he’s not all in. Maybe he changes his mind.

Why do you think it was a favor and not because he couldn’t beat him out? Regardless, within about a year of the move he was too big for 165 anyway.
Marrenelli was never beating MK. Not even on sunday

I’ve been following the Hawkeyes since 91-92. I don’t recall any of the Hawks ever having sexual assault charges filed against them.
There are a lot of ghosts in the closet well before 91/92. That goes for every sport and every school. Internet has changed the world to where everyone knows more about people than ever before.

Reactions: praguehawk
Thank you.
Dont Get It The Sandlot GIF

Especially if they can’t win the spot at their ideal weight. But Gabe’s the man at 174 and that’s the weight he wants to compete at. (He’s a 5’7” freshman competing at 174.) And he’s on record as not wanting to go at 184. That SHOULD be the end of the story….
Gabe is the mega star of this team going forward.
He chooses where he wants to compete.
Plus...5'7" @ 184...NOPE

Back in the day 1975 Iowa’s 167 lb Wagner flipped off the Iowa crowd during against teammate freshman Doug Anderson when the crowd booed him durin the inter squad match.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT