ADVERTISEMENT

Spin-Offs Better Than the Original?

What do I not understand about this? It was a spin off?

The Simpsons originally were vignettes played between sketches on The Tracy Ulman Show, so I guess they technically count.

What’s funny is that there used to be a comic strip called “Life in Hell” that ran in a few bi-weekly newspapers in large cities, and it often included a dysfunctional family of rabbits that were hilarious. When I first saw The Tracy Ulman Show and it had the Simpsons I thought, “The Life in Hell cartoonist should sue Ulman, because her show is ripping off LIH!” With no Internet at the time, it was long after that I discovered it was Matt Groening doing both.

The Simpsons originally were vignettes played between sketches on The Tracy Ulman Show, so I guess they technically count.

What’s funny is that there used to be a comic strip called “Life in Hell” that ran in a few bi-weekly newspapers in large cities, and it often included a dysfunctional family of rabbits that were hilarious. When I first saw The Tracy Ulman Show and it had the Simpsons I thought, “The Life in Hell cartoonist should sue Ulman, because her show is ripping off LIH!” With no Internet at the time, it was long after that I discovered it was Matt Groening doing both.

Wow! I didn't know any of this. Thanks for the info!

Family Matters could have been a very good show, but they ruined it. It started off as a serious sitcom (if there is such a thing) about a middle class black family in Chicago, but it became a slapstick farce about their next door neighbor. By the end, they were dealing in time travel, cloning, teleportation, gene manipulation, shrink rays, and space travel. They even managed to make one of the family's kids vanish from the face of the Earth like Chuck from Happy Days.

Family Matters could have been a very good show, but they ruined it. It started off as a serious sitcom (if there is such a thing) about a middle class black family in Chicago, but it became a slapstick farce about their next door neighbor. By the end, they were dealing in time travel, cloning, teleportation, gene manipulation, shrink rays, and space travel. They even managed to make one of the family's kids vanish from the face of the Earth like Chuck from Happy Days.
Damn it, Gene.

Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul are the best TV shows I've seen. Writing is absolutely terrific. Outside of Cranston name me another performer that you had heard of before.

Cheers, frasier, and wings are in the same universe.

Fraiser on Wings ... worlds colliding ... :)

MV5BNzYwNjlkZjktYWMzMy00YjhiLTg1ZjMtNmM0MTNiZWYwZDQ2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTM3MDMyMDQ@._V1_.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT