ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Break Plans

jellyfish10

HR Legend
Aug 10, 2009
Traveling to Myrtle Beach for National Cheer Competition then driving to Fort Meyers to see my dad and do some kayaking. Weather permitting, when we get back to Iowa I am going to drive down to Arkansas to kayak a different stretch than we did last year of the Buffalo River with my siblings. Whatcha got?

Driving to Navarre Beach, FL. Golfing one day, no other plans. Go to the Naval Air Museum if the weather is bad. Probably drink a lot and watch some bball.

Originally posted by iCRUNCH:

Driving to Navarre Beach, FL. Golfing one day, no other plans. Go to the Naval Air Museum if the weather is bad. Probably drink a lot and watch some bball.

You taking Crunch Jr.?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Same with lil Jelly. Ms. Lil Jelly has been 3x or so. First trip with Mrs. Jelly since we reconciled. It should be interesting.

Going to sit around and listen to my kids fight. Who gets to eat with which spoon, who gets to play the Wii first, who is better at math, who gets to carry the basketball outside, who has the most change in their change jar, who gets the last pudding cup, and on and on and on.

Jealous?

hope the trip(s) is a success for the Jelly's
cool0016.r191677.gif

Originally posted by HawkOptimist:
Going to sit around and listen to my kids fight. Who gets to eat with which spoon, who gets to play the Wii first, who is better at math, who gets to carry the basketball outside, who has the most change in their change jar, who gets the last pudding cup, and on and on and on.

Jealous?

You need to change your screen name homes.

clearwater beach for 4 days, then to beach club at disney for the last 4. gonna watch first weekend of the ncaa tourney at espn thurs and fri, and maybe saturday depending on when iowa and uni play.

Originally posted by jellyfish10:

Originally posted by HawkOptimist:
Going to sit around and listen to my kids fight. Who gets to eat with which spoon, who gets to play the Wii first, who is better at math, who gets to carry the basketball outside, who has the most change in their change jar, who gets the last pudding cup, and on and on and on.

Jealous?

You need to change your screen name homes.

He never actually said he wasn't excited about this.

iCRunch, what day are you arriving? Do you need any local tips?

Sending the little guys up to my parents, so we can gut the main living room down to the studs. Who knows what we'll find underneath, but the plan is to reinsulate, add some outlets, frame in couple windows, and get drywall up with the mud done by the end of the week.

Good luck with the travels, jelly.

TBW decided she wanted to take the kids to San Juan, PR and spoil our normal couples vacation over Spring Break.

Originally posted by ihawk in FWB:

iCRunch, what day are you arriving? Do you need any local tips?
Driving done the 18th, driving back 22nd. Staying at The Pearl. I would appreciate any tips.

Locals said the water was 63 degrees today. The condo has a heated pool though. Going to golf at The Club. Going to miss blue angels practice, but I've seen them nearly ten times at the QC Air Show.

I will hopefully either be chasing big walleye at Red Wing, MN or maybe on the Rainy River. Either way I will be fishing.

Originally posted by CadetHawk:
I will hopefully either be chasing big walleye at Red Wing, MN or maybe on the Rainy River. Either way I will be fishing.

That's awesome. Good luck. May try to fish when I am in Florida. Our kayak trip down there is a guided nature tour...should be pretty gnarly.

For the first time, we have decided to pass on flights/warm weather. Instead, I'm getting the family on the open road to enjoy a little real Americana. We're renting a "big, juicy van" and driving from MSP to Colorado.

Provided we survive passing through Omaha, it should be a good time. Speaking of, any CO 'family' tips that are a must see? We'll be in Boulder/Denver and maybe a day or two in the mountains. The other 3 don't ski and don't want to.

That's awesome. Good luck. May try to fish when I am in Florida. Our kayak trip down there is a guided nature tour...should be pretty gnarly.

Someday I hope to do a kayak fishing trip in Florida. It sounds like a blast. Take some pics.

Traveling to Myrtle Beach for National Cheer Competition then driving to Fort Meyers to see my dad and do some kayaking. Weather permitting, when we get back to Iowa I am going to drive down to Arkansas to kayak a different stretch than we did last year of the Buffalo River with my siblings. Whatcha got?
Vegas.

Someday I hope to do a kayak fishing trip in Florida. It sounds like a blast. Take some pics.

Will do. This will be a backwater trip...shoulder unresolved and I don't think ocean kayaking is a good idea. It is a 6 hour trip and should be a great time.

I ditched HBO last year and I received season 4 of GoT's via Amazon last week. The kids are all going separate ways and I plan on a two day binge watch with nobody around to be offended by boobs or blood baths.

Salt Lake City for 4-5 days with the kids. We thought about going back to Seattle or Portland but I really like SLC and my wife has never been. I have heard there are a decent amount of activities for the kids but at the very least they can hang at the pool.

My wife and I are getting a trip about a month later to Bonita Springs, FL (Thanks Nationwide). Anybody been/have any recomendations? Golf (Raptor Bay), fishing, sailing, etc?

If the roads are open, see Rocky Mountain National Park, or, Mt. Evans west of Denver. I have to believe though that the route through/to either will still be closed due to winter weather conditions. If not, ENJOY!

Originally posted by 2bagger22:
Nobody is headed to PCB or South Padre? Pretty disappointing I won't be able to live vicariously through any poster like the old days.
It's been 8 years since I went to PCB. Seeing the videos kids post these days make our spring break look like a church trip. Maybe it's just the easy access to social media and posting whatever you feel.
Also, if any of you have a daughter that is college age and wants to go to PCB, lock her in her room immediately.

Originally posted by Derekd3408:

Originally posted by 2bagger22:
Nobody is headed to PCB or South Padre? Pretty disappointing I won't be able to live vicariously through any poster like the old days.
It's been 8 years since I went to PCB. Seeing the videos kids post these days make our spring break look like a church trip. Maybe it's just the easy access to social media and posting whatever you feel. 
Also, if any of you have a daughter that is college age and wants to go to PCB, lock her in her room immediately. 

Noted.

Originally posted by TheCainer:
If the roads are open, see Rocky Mountain National Park, or, Mt. Evans west of Denver.  I have to believe though that the route through/to either will still be closed due to winter weather conditions.  If not, ENJOY!

My kids' spring break isn't until 1st week of April so hopefully that helps. Thanks for the tip.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT