ADVERTISEMENT

State continues to get sh**tier

Agreed - the weather has always sucked. Now compare public education rankings from 1978 vs. 2023…
Well, all I could find was that Iowa ranked as high as 13th in the nation in education, 1st in the country for percentage of students graduating, and top 3 in ACT testing...........I'm not scouring the internet for 1978 stats.

It is a legal FDA approved drug. The state has no business interfering with doctors prescribing it.
If the federal government should be the one that sets drug/pharmaceutical policy, not states, then I’m sure you’d be happy to let them decide about marijuana?

If the federal government should be the one that sets drug/pharmaceutical policy, not states, then I’m sure you’d be happy to let them decide about marijuana?
I would. That's beside the point. Under what justification are these drugs being banned?

Reactions: globalhawk
Yeah sure. @JWolf74 and @HawkMD can tell if I am or not on the basis of my posts. I'll leave it at that.
Post your credentials or stfu. Don't tag me unless you want to reveal all your previous handles.

Stay out of my exam room. The discussion of potential treatments with a patient is individual and personal. The government should stay out of it. A woman's right to make her own medical decisions should be protected.

Last edited:
Where are you finding this info? Edit: I believe Iowa is barely in the top half of the country on ACT scores.
Says they were top 3 in the country among states that tested more than half their students.................don't be hating on Iowa's ACT test-taking prowess just because of semantics.

Says they were top 3 in the country among states that tested more than half their students.................don't be hating on Iowa's ACT test-taking prowess just because of semantics.
What? I would love for Iowa to be #1. You are cherry picking. The coasts take the SAT and you know it. That's why there are states that have half the students not taking it. You really want to get into this?

@EvilMonkeyInTheCloset Why the laugh? A simple Google search will show you that you are incorrect.
Also, I'm not gonna do any further digging on state education rankings because quite frankly I just don't give a sh**. :)

It was just a nice little opportunity to troll you guys on something you give way too many f***s about, and really probably shouldn't..............but then that's the problem we're really dealing with every day in America now isn't it. ;)

What? I would love for Iowa to be #1. You are cherry picking. The coasts take the SAT and you know it. That's why there are states that have half the students not taking it. You really want to get into this?
If it bothers you that much then I will help you lose your sanity, sure. :)

Post your credentials or stfu. Don't tag me unless you want to reveal all your previous handles.

Stay out of my exam room. The discussion of potential treatments with a patient is individual and personal. The government should stay out of it. A woman's right to make her own medical decisions should be protected.
Don’t be such an ass. Let’s just say I practice medicine for an Iowa Unity Point facility. Because of my opinions, which arent shared by many in medicine, I’d like to keep anything more than that quiet. I know folks in my group read these boards and I have zero interest in making my opinions part of our discussions. Hell I could even work in yours perhaps?

If you want to DM me I’d be happy to give you the information you think you need to earn your ‘respect’. But if that isn’t necessary then I’d suggest letting the indignation go.

I simply tagged you as you have expertise in this area as well for those doubting my knowledge has a credentialed basis. I fairly certain that you can tell by reading the context and terminology.

Lastly, YOUR exam rooms have 100% zero to do with mifepristone. I’d strongly venture to guess you haven’t written an order for that since med school. If even then. Right?

Don’t be such an ass. Let’s just say I practice medicine for an Iowa Unity Point facility. Because of my opinions, which arent shared by many in medicine, I’d like to keep anything more than that quiet.

^^^^
Chiropractor
Probably a Palmer grad

Lastly, YOUR exam rooms have 100% zero to do with mifepristone. I’d strongly venture to guess you haven’t written an order for that since med school.
He's not an ObGyn.

I recommended that you get the opinions of ObGyns, who are routinely responsible for the maternity care AND interventions needed during miscarriage. Did your "chiropractor school" not inform you that's what Obgyns do?

Don’t be such an ass. Let’s just say I practice medicine for an Iowa Unity Point facility. Because of my opinions, which arent shared by many in medicine, I’d like to keep anything more than that quiet. I know folks in my group read these boards and I have zero interest in making my opinions part of our discussions. Hell I could even work in yours perhaps?

If you want to DM me I’d be happy to give you the information you think you need to earn your ‘respect’. But if that isn’t necessary then I’d suggest letting the indignation go.

I simply tagged you as you have expertise in this area as well for those doubting my knowledge has a credentialed basis. I fairly certain that you can tell by reading the context and terminology.

Lastly, YOUR exam rooms have 100% zero to do with mifepristone. I’d strongly venture to guess you haven’t written an order for that since med school. If even then. Right?
If you want to be treated as an expert, it's not unreasonable to ask for your background.

My comment is about any medical treatment. The government should stay the hell out of medical decisions. That's between a patient and their doctor.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
You know, the abortion debate aside, I grow so tired of all those dyed in the wool conservatives that feel that all those who oppose the state's conservative stranglehold just need to "get out".

Hey, guess what? I've lived in Iowa for most of my 51 years and I'll damn well stay here and keep fighting to make it a little more inclusive for all ideologies.

Forgive me when I'm a little disheartened that a once politically diverse state has turned into Magastan.

I'd like to stay in my home state, at least until my kids graduate within 5 years. You better believe I'll keep fighting to bring this state back to some political balance.

So those of you who want people like me to leave so you can insulate yourselves with your conservative paradise. Nah, I'll pass. I'll just be like the drunk at the bar and say, if you want me out, just try and throw me out, bitches! 🤣
^THIS! PHUCK TO THE YEAH WITH THIS!

Reactions: mattymoknows
Can someone help me understand why it's acceptable to ban FDA approved drugs for a legal procedure?

My comment is about any medical treatment. The government should stay the hell out of medical decisions. That's between a patient and their doctor.
Sure but there are always restrictions. Good or bad. Lots of medications are restricted. Scheduled ones as a simple example. You could easily make the same argument there. That you should be able to decide what to use and what to stay away from.

Physician assisted suicide as another example. You and your patient cant decide to do that in Iowa. Right or wrong. Thats a discussion for another day/thread.

And how about another controversial one? People and their doctor prescribing ivermectin for COVID. I mean if we are going to stay out of the doctor patient relationship, would it be ok to intervene in this case? You could suggest that the medical board would step in, not the legislature. True. But the board derives their power by what is granted by the state.

What about vaccination for COVID? Should we stay out of that to? You know there are Dr patient relationships in which both were anti vaccine.

So bottom line, the state often steps in and controls medical practice. Fram what can be given all the way to who can give what by virtue of training.

So I respect your opinion on this but I am not persuaded by your rationale here. There is plenty of precedent for oversight of medical practice. You'd be better off justifying it in all the other tried and true ways in my opinion.

Peace.

Can someone help me understand why it's acceptable to ban FDA approved drugs for a legal procedure?

A state should not be able to IMHO, federal preemption of state law needs to happen here.

I"ve scrolled this entire thread from where I was tagged. I don't know what the debate(s) are/including.

In regards to Gus' question towards me.....I've made it clear on on here that I have never done med mal or personal injury. I ruled on a couple small claims that involved duty/standard of care. Obviously it is cost prohibitive for experts to called in those cases.

I can say this with certainty.....these cases all come down to jury selection at some degree.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gus is dead
As a back door to banning abortion? I mean legislatures use back doors all the time. Some out of the closet others not. :)

In all seriousness, like with gun bans, limiting magazines etc. Im sure others can come up with better examples.

He's not an ObGyn.

I recommended that you get the opinions of ObGyns, who are routinely responsible for the maternity care AND interventions needed during miscarriage. Did your "chiropractor school" not inform you that's what Obgyns do?
Mifepristone in combo with misoprostol isn't just prescribed by ObGyns. Though its almost always in consultation with one.

Mifepristone alone might be only ObGyns. Though there probably are some that do it that aren't given what it is used for. I dunno, I can't speak to that. I'm not a pharmacist dispensing these so I wouldn't have knowledge over where these scripts come from.

Not a chiropractor. Not NC. Blah blah blah.

Sure but there are always restrictions. Good or bad. Lots of medications are restricted. Scheduled ones as a simple example. You could easily make the same argument there. That you should be able to decide what to use and what to stay away from.

Physician assisted suicide as another example. You and your patient cant decide to do that in Iowa. Right or wrong. Thats a discussion for another day/thread.

And how about another controversial one? People and their doctor prescribing ivermectin for COVID. I mean if we are going to stay out of the doctor patient relationship, would it be ok to intervene in this case? You could suggest that the medical board would step in, not the legislature. True. But the board derives their power by what is granted by the state.

What about vaccination for COVID? Should we stay out of that to? You know there are Dr patient relationships in which both were anti vaccine.

So bottom line, the state often steps in and controls medical practice. Fram what can be given all the way to who can give what by virtue of training.

So I respect your opinion on this but I am not persuaded by your rationale here. There is plenty of precedent for oversight of medical practice. You'd be better off justifying it in all the other tried and true ways in my opinion.

Peace.

All I know is...if you actually do "practice medicine," I'd rather have this guy be my GP. And I think he looks nuts. Hippy loony tunes is better than jesus-MAGA though...all day.

crazy-guru.jpg

Last edited:
Because Iowa gonna be Io

All I know is...if you actually do "practice medicine," I'd rather have this guy be my GP. And I think he looks nuts. Hippy loony tunes is better than jesus-MAGA though...all day.

crazy-guru.jpg
Good for you. Often people like to see people like themselves.

When have I ever even mentioned Jesus?

Why would I lie? You’re some rando on HROT with a hard on for ‘religious’ people.

You asked a question I answered honestly. Search my name for any mention of Jesus in a religious sense. I didn’t myself but I’m guessing it’ll be zero.

Though I will add you seem to be prejudiced against those that are religious. Since you frequently ask this question. Why is that?

Why would I lie? You’re some rando on HROT with a hard on for ‘religious’ people.

You asked a question I answered honestly. Search my name for any mention of Jesus in a religious sense. I didn’t myself but I’m guessing it’ll be zero.

Though I will add you seem to be prejudiced against those that are religious. Since you frequently ask this question. Why is that?
People here don't buy your shit. Anyone with a brain understand that those that are pro-life tend to be religious.

• Haha
Reactions: Gus is dead
Sure but there are always restrictions. Good or bad. Lots of medications are restricted. Scheduled ones as a simple example.

There's a medical reason why addictive drugs are "restricted".
They are not "banned", however.

So, that's a pretty poor argument.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT